A hedge of spirea is beautiful and at the same time, it does not require a large amount of money. It allows you to create a beautiful living fence that attracts every passer-by in the spring when the flowering of this plant. If all the rules of planting spirea, it will delight the owner with its beauty for years. To maintain the shape of such a fence do not need to spend a lot of time. The advantage of this fence is that it is suitable for almost any design of the building and the entire area.
Due to the variety of types of spirea the owner of the site can create a variety of forms, making the fence more original. The standard height of a living fence is one and a half meters, but it can be controlled by cutting the plants.
- It is necessary to highlight this sort of as English grey. The hedge is very thick, so it does not penetrate through the animal;
- During the entire growth process Spiraea does not lose their attractive appearance;
- After wilting the flowers do not need to be removed as they do not impair the appearance of Wei of the fence;
- Spiraea survives well on any type of soil;
- Cascading varieties are not need to trim.
Hedge of Spiraea (Japanese varieties) will look great around any area, but something needs to be done to maintain its attractive appearance?
Particular care is to:
- Spirea does not require irrigation, but during a drought it is necessary to produce this action several times a day.
- In order for normal growth shrubs should loosen the soil around them.
- After the third year of flowering spirea should be cut off the long shoots, as they start to tend the Spiraea down.
- To ensure that the plants were more lush, you need to periodically delete old branches.
A hedge is not only in summer but in winter, holding on its branches the snow. The bushes can withstand severe frosts, so you should not worry about their safety. But if the shoots are still young, they can die in the winter. To avoid this, you should tie them into a bundle and bend to the ground and covered with leaves.
Most often the hedge of spirea (photo of which is presented above) is planted in the open ground. The proper environment is a loam, mixed with peat. Planting depth is 50 cm and the same distance measured from one plant to another. After immersion of the root system in a pre-established hole it is tightly covered with earth, which is then vtaptyvaetsya.
After purchase ready seedlings before planting them, soak them in water. However, not all plant with roots. To hedge was smooth, pre-stretched string at a distance of 20 cm from the ground. It will be set in English. Hedge, landing of which is planned within the plot, can contribute to the beautiful division of the territory.
Propagated by division only young spirea, whose age is 3-4 years. It can be done at a later time, but the process is difficult due to the large volume of the root system. This method is used for the propagation of spirea in the period from spring to early fall.
The process of reproduction is as follows:
- First you need to dig up the Bush and clean the root system from the earth.
- Then visually divide all the processes into equal parts.
- Shears to cut several pieces to eventually form a uniform shoots.
In order to re-educated the bushes quickly take root, it is necessary to equalize long roots with the rest and after landing, they will rapidly branch out. Fit of the parts has its own peculiarity – in the pit poured a mound, so when there roots they fell down.
Propagation by seed is more convenient because the result is a lot of plants, which can then be split.
The planting occurs in a drawer with non-acidic peat, as it is most favorable for plant development. Once the seed is evenly distributed over the surface, dampen and cover with a film, which can only be removed after germination.