Well-groomed grass at their summer cottage looks no less aesthetically pleasing than flower beds. Besides, if to carry out all work on the lawn correctly, in the future care of a lawn is very simple. A beautiful lawn will not only become part of the decorative design of the site, but will also bring a lot of benefits. During the year half a hectare planted grass absorbs about 40 tons of dust, and therefore, you will breathe healthy air. The second advantage will increase the humidity that the summer will help the hosts to better tolerate the heat. Make the lawn with their hands every cottager, because it does not require special equipment and deep knowledge of the agronomist. There is a basic rule: to do everything slowly and efficiently.
Prior to the start of excavation are determined by the type of lawn. It is selected taking into account future use grass, because the lawn for outdoor games and patio areas may vary drastically in quality and variety of cereals that are included in herbal mixtures. There are several types of lawn grasses, so before going to the store, clearly decide what you need.
When buying a lawn mixture, read the instructions on the packaging, which specifies the purposes for which it is possible to use such lawn
It sow in places where the planned Playground, a children’s area or the area for walking Pets (for example, if someone breeds dogs). The composition of the sports mix includes herbs, not afraid of trampling, so over time, your lawn will not appear «bald» spots. These lawns are dense, tough and unpretentious. However, they construct a more durable substrate, to avoid tearing the grass.
For children’s playgrounds and play areas are advised to sow the sports mixture that can withstand the constant trampling
This pitch is the complete opposite of athletic. It is designed not for movement and for contemplation. Of a mixture are of the expensive delicate herbs require good soil, regular care and grooming, afraid of shady places and trampling. In the landscape of the lawn looks very luxurious and expensive, but it is purely decorative area, which excluded picnics and tea parties.
Along with the beautiful aesthetic parameters, the lawn is very delicate, demanding care and does not tolerate traffic
Garden and Park lawn at the cottage with his own hands easiest to make. Grains, included in its composition, unpretentious, well tolerated and shade, and scorching solar rays, growing on poor soils. Therefore, recreation areas, patio areas around the pools often choose this option.
If you like field grass and meadows strewn with flowers, then choose this type of lawn. It will be blossoming all summer, the lawn with a bright palette of colors. A mix for the meadow lawn you can create yourself, choosing plants so that they alternately bloomed the entire summer season.
More simple variant – to buy ready-made Moorish lawn, where already selected herbs that get along well together, don’t muffle each other and are quite bright. Of course, these lawns mowed rarely (only to remove ottsville plants and to give the chance to germinate the next generation). But walking in them is not recommended, because high, about 10 cm of the grass will be crumpled under her feet and is unlikely to restore former appearance.
Ornamental grasses, especially Moorish, perfectly suited for rustic styles of the site and look naturalistic
Universal lawns are created very quickly because they use ready-rolled strips of grass. They are sold with the turf and quickly get accustomed to the new place. Using roll materials equip any areas on the site, which is planned movement. As an ornamental, parterre lawn, this option is not suitable for its cultivation uses unpretentious tough grass that does not have high aesthetic qualities. Note that such a lawn will cost you far more than the planting of grass for lawn, because roll bars require special preparation of the soil and the ability to shoot.
Rolling lawns are a versatile type of lawns (though expensive!), on which you can create rest areas, playgrounds
Breaking the landscape of the site into specific zones, keep in mind that not all lawn mixes are equally good to grow where you have them allocated.
- So, the English lawn need full disclosure, no shadow and wind.
- Any grass will not normally grow in the area of permanent shadow, which is in close proximity to buildings.
- If you plan to sow the lawn under fruit trees or ornamental trees in a radius crown of the turf has little chance for survival. First, most power take the root systems of trees. Secondly, the branches will give a great amount of shade, preventing the process of photosynthesis. In the end, the grass will have a pale appearance. You will either have to sacrifice the lower branches of trees and cut them, or to abandon the sowing of grass on this place.
- If country the site is located in low-lying waterlogged terrain, the grass roots will always rot. Grass does not like waterlogged, so you’ll have to make a good drainage. However, there is a mixture of herbs that grow in the stagnant water, but even they were not shown a constant excess of moisture.
- If the plot of observed height differences, the locations of transitions, the soil is prone to erosion and washout. You need to smooth out the slopes, their slope does not exceed 30? and additionally be reinforced with mesh that will keep the soil without letting it sprinkle.
- You should not do lawn track in place of the constant movement of people and cars, for example, from the gate to the house. Treading every day the same rut, you will seal the soil so that the grass will be deprived of oxygen to the roots and «suffocate». Even sports mixture in this case will not work because they are designed for intense movement of people on the entire site, and not on one narrow band. If the desire to maintain the green area is so large, that lay between the turf strips are tiles or wooden chocks to step on them, and not on the grass.
It is desirable that drawing up a rough draft of your future lawn had for the winter. Then with the beginning of spring you will immediately proceed to the excavation. Best survival lawn mix show in early spring, when the ground is saturated with moisture and no extreme heat. If the moment is missed, it is not necessary to sow the lawn in the summer. Wait for the autumn days when the rains nourish the soil and then start planting. But don’t be late: in the winter, the young grass should be cut after 1-2 cuts.
The procedure is the following:
- Clearing. The first thing the prospective area is cleared from all sorts of debris, stones. Uprooting of stumps, pruning low-growing branches on trees.
- Destruction of weeds. Then it’s time to fight weeds. They must either weed by hand, killing with roots, or to hold himosranta. In the first case you will spend a lot of physical force for the destruction of weeds, but will be able to proceed to the next stage. When chemical weeding will have to wait at least a week until all of the medicine starts destructive action. That is why it is recommended to treat the soil with chemicals in the fall. Then the weeds over the winter will disappear, and the chemicals time to break down into safe elements and will not harm when planting lawn.
- The creation of drainage system. If your site is in a valley, it is necessary to rid the earth of waterlogging. To do this, before you dig up the lawn, do the drainage. After the rain mark the places where water and dig them in deep pits (about a meter). Line a rimmed bottom of the pits broken brick, then the big gravel, and on it – a layer of sand. 40 cm Express on fertile soil. After planting, the water will go into the soil and through the soil to get into the drainage pit.
- Site levelling and digging. On uneven areas must be leveled terrain lawn to have a smooth contour. To do this pull at different ends of the cords to pegs and see level changes. Hole covered, the bumps cut. After that, the whole area excavated. Out the roots of perennial weeds, debris and stones removed. Sandy soil soil with humus or peat. Too fat diluted with sand.
- Compaction and tillage. Before you plant seeds for a lawn, it should be tightly compacted soil, walking on it with small steps or with the Board. It is put on the edge of the area and jump on it, until the ground settles. Then move the Board and continue until you trample down the whole plot. You can also ride a thick log. As soon as you hit the ground, and she’s not promnetsya under foot – the soil ready for planting. It is slightly loosened with a rake and seed the lawn with the recommended mixture in the manual density.
Once the earth is compacted, it is necessary to move the rake the top layer that the seeds have access to air and moisture
If you sow the seeds with your hands, then make the lawn smooth as the brush is difficult because the grass is scattered evenly. In the end, some places grow a lot, and others poorly. To achieve uniformity, the batch of seeds, calculated per meter of space, mixed with the same volume of fine sand and then sown. Optimum sowing manual seeder, but it is not always find.
Sprinkle seeds ground and rolled down a log that is not eaten by the birds If the ground is dry – it is recommended to water from small sprinkler for low pressure water to wash the crops.
Hand drill helps more economical use of research and the quality of planting is more uniform
The seeds are rolled using a special roller, and if not, then clap Board or carefully trample down the flats
It remains to wait for seedlings and to enjoy a beautiful lawn. By the way, along with the climb blades of grass and weeds. But they are not afraid of the lawn. After one or two mowing annuals disappear without a trace, and the grass becomes a rich, thick carpet.