Wonderful hedge of juniper will help to transform a garden plot, so it is popular among their owners. Looks impressive hedge of arborvitae and juniper. It fits into any landscape option, you can combine like this «the fence» with artificial fences.
Disadvantages of a living fence:
- the duration of the wait the desired height of the fence;
- constant care of plants.
These fragrant bushes appear in the summer of cones – berries, making «living fence» a real garden.
Decorative fences are:
- of low shrubs (height less than 0, 5 m);
- of shrubs of medium height (0.5 m-1.5 m);
- of high types (1.5 m).
The original hedge of juniper rocky refers to medium hedges.
Coniferous shrubs can be seen on the plot in the form of a shrub, tree, fluffy carpet that covers the suburban area. There are different types of this plant. Selecting plants it is important to consider climatic features of the area.
In the mid-latitudes will survive a hedge of Juniperus of the following varieties:
These types of conifers are not subject to rotting, is resistant to changes in humidity. Seedlings resistant to various types of pests.
- Common juniper has a conical shape. The average height of the green pine needles – 10 meters. With proper care, hedges hedge of juniper, hand made, lives about 200 years;
- Cossack coniferous shrub– low-growing plant (to 4 m), has a bluish or green needles, grows rapidly in width. The plant is undemanding for light, types of soil;
- Virginia juniper is 30 meters, is well developed in the open areas of the garden. Among the negative characteristics of this plant is the withering away of the lower branches;
- scaly coniferous shrub has a lovely branching, its height does not exceed 1.5 meters. The plant is frost resistant, has a pleasant aroma, pine needles with a bluish tint. Reproduction is by seeds and cuttings.
- Before planting juniper pull on the cord. At a distance of 1.5-2 meters dig a hole with a depth of 0.7 m, a width size of the seedling. The hedge of juniper is planted in a checkerboard pattern, this allows to minimize the use of land in the area.
- On the bottom of the pit is laid out drainage of sand, broken bricks, peat, compost, turf ground. You can buy premixed at any hardware store.
- When planting the seedlings, the roots spread, prosypayutsya the ground. The hole poured a weak solution of potassium permanganate to prevent the occurrence of fungal diseases.
- Mowing the plants is carried out in the spring. You must remove the side and dead branches that extend beyond formed the crown. Clippers will need scissors or brushcutter. The subsequent shearing is performed as needed, approximately 1-2 times per year. As a dressing for this type of fences suitable nitrogen fertilizer.
- Upon reaching the fence to the correct size (height), tops cut off, by encouraging the intensive development of the plant side shoots.
- Watering of the hedge takes place during growth and development, preferably in the morning and evening hours. To accelerate growth it is important to systematically weed plants, to remove weeds.
- eliminated the use as fertilizer of the manure;
- granular fertilizer is placed under the juniper bushes in the spring only;
- to stimulate growth of plants used wood chips, sawdust;
- for old hedges, amount of nitrogen fertilizer can be increased 1-1. 5 times.
Subject to the basic rules of care of hedges, will make your site a secluded and cozy.