Landscaping fond of many owners of suburban areas. As a result of their efforts, the space surrounding not only the expensive houses, but simple private houses were significantly transformed. Today, the gardens and even the gardens are gradually losing ground and replaced with lawns, flower gardens, flower beds and unusual plant compositions, pleasing to the eye. However, flower has always attracted the attention of gardeners and ornamental shrubs were often decorated areas, but conifers in landscape design if used, then not so often. Today, they are becoming more popular.
For planting of conifers there are rules that are well-known landscape designers. But since not every site owner has the financial ability to hire such a specialist, it is better to know these rules to yourself to try to put them on the site:
- Tree and shrub composition in order for it to look holistically when the distance from the point at which it will most often be around, will be not less than two heights.
- The presence of the lawn as a background for conifers, most preferably.
- Often conifers are planted close to bodies of water that, combined with weeping deciduous plants, they constituted a single original composition.
- Most effective, according to experts, when coniferous composition in the landscape design of the garden is oriented to the West or the East.
Listen to the recommendations and tips to help your site become more beautiful and time spent on it, would you pleasure.
Conifers are perfectly combined with the grasses, deciduous plants and flowers, including lilies. This composition is on the shore of the pond looks natural and gorgeous
The combination of roses and pine looks great, but the problem is that arborvitae and other conifers in the result of their life oxidize the soil, and rose to the acid soils are bad
Conifers can vary considerably in color. If you are going to collect plants in the song, you need to pay attention to the color of the needles to form a kind of gamma:
- If the composition comprises three components, to be the only two colors.
- Quintuple composition should consist of no more than three different colors.
- If elements in compositions 25 and even more, they need to combine them in groups of three birds, and plants in one group should be selected in a single color sign.
Only in this case conifers will make up the ensemble in which they will look harmoniously, without compromising the integrity of the picture.
Numerous colors and shades of pine needles can create harmonious combination, if to take care about their compatibility with each other
Creating ensembles, it is necessary to consider not only the color of the plant, but its height in adulthood and the shape of its crown. To predict the appearance of the composition for the future, should you possess the knowledge to pre-select those plants that can offer the modern market or nurseries.
Of course, the height of adult plants and the form of its crown it is necessary to consider to some time later, the song has not lost its original attraction and not bushes
Rather taller plants include the following types:
- Western arborvitae. The plant reaches a height of 5m, prefers shaded areas, may be subjected to shearing. Often used as hedges.
- Juniper Skyrocket. Nice plant conical shape, with soft blue needles. Grows to a height of up to 3M.
- Barbed fir Hupsi. A very popular variety, which can grow up to 15m. It has dense needles of silvery blue colour. The plant exhibits resistance to negative environmental factors.
- Pine of Watereri. Its birthplace is the Mediterranean, so we can say that it is particularly adapted to the southern climate. Twisted has a spherical shape, grows to a height of 4m.
- Pine Pincus Be Sylvestris. A real giant conifer that grows up to 40m in height. Has a straight trunk and columnar structure. Popular due to its absolute simplicity.
If rapid growth up, you can adjust the size of the plants constant topping it shoots, but this should be done regularly every year. Otherwise, you can get a plant-freak.
Who would have thought such a compact plant with time can turn into a 15-metre giant. But this fact must be considered when planting
Very tall plants rarely dare to use in the internal composition. Rather, they form a hedge, zoning a parcel or enclose it. But medium conifers are popular with landscape designers:
- Spruce Konica. It is a branchy and very showy evergreen tree in demand, as it grows slowly, and looks attractive.
- Yew. Compact shrub with dense needles looks great on the lawn and is popular due to the combination of lush green and bright red berries.
- Western arborvitae. Very beautiful and compact ball, whose branches grow densely in a vertical direction relative to the barrel.
- Golden tees. Can grow in partial shade, feels great in the neighborhood with tall and short plants. Has the bowl shape and the needles are yellowish-green or Golden color.
As a rule, these plants form the basis of compositions. Complemented stunted conifers, they look great anywhere in the garden.
It is medium plants often form the basis of various compositions. Look at this tree that’s just begging to be a Japanese-style garden
Thuja green with bright red berries brings back memories of wonderful holidays when this combination of colors is the most popular
Viviva such a plant, it is necessary to provide sufficient space for its development. Because these conifers do not grow upwards, and outwards, capturing the space and forming a kind of prickly lawn.
- El Lambers common. Despite the name, this spruce looks quite unusual. This low-growing plant with thick needles of emerald green.
- Western arborvitae Tiny Tim. This plant likes light, but abundant watering is not required. It looks like a ball, rolled down on the track.
- Mountain pine Hampi. The plant is ukrasheniem rock gardens. Expands to the sides. Her kidneys at negative temperatures become decorative reddish-brown hue.
- Mountain pine Mini Pug. Grows fluffy pillows. Spectacular and pleasant to look at.
Low-growing conifers in the garden design can be particularly attractive if cared for properly. They, combined with medium able to create the atmosphere of a Japanese garden, its flavor.
Though this tree is called ordinary, but it looks more like a spruce branches, which covers the surface that was given for it designer
Mountain pine Mini Pug is striking in its miniaturization and adaptability to the most extreme growing conditions. Of course, she is worthy of becoming a garden decoration
Conifers are perfectly combined not only with each other but also with deciduous bushes and trees, creating an interesting composition. For combinations of plants, there are rules to be aware of when deciding on the design of the site.
Mixborders can be placed where, in accordance with your vision plan area it will be particularly appropriate. It is important not to be afraid to do so. From the individuality of the designer landscape only wins.
The largest plants prepare a place on the edge of the composition, then the seedlings are placed in decreasing size order, therefore, to the foot of mixborders landed the undersized specimens. It is not necessary to keep the geometric precision of the landings. Curvature only accentuate the pristine beauty of the composition.
In this attractive composition are maintained all the rules that you should follow, creating a harmonious ensemble of conifers in the garden
Natural harmony mixborders must be respected: the width of the plot for high and large plants should not exceed the space provided under Malorossia landing. In the composition of the seedlings may be plants with different color needles and shape crown. Sometimes on sites you see an exceptionally beautiful and diverse collections of conifers.
Dividing the suburban area into zones, many designers use and conifers. Using them you can create a functional barrier around the perimeter of the site. For this plant planted in two or even three rows, placing in a checkerboard pattern. From ordinary spruce can be absolutely impassable barrier.
Boom also can be beautiful, but their strength is not reduced. It will take time for this fence appeared on the site, but the result is worth it
On the background of trees or arborvitae look good flowering perennials. Creating different combinations of plants, can not take care of artificial jewellery of area: it will be beautiful and evergreen at any time of the year.
Careful preparation of the place where will be planted the plant is very important. Depends on his health, and therefore beauty of the site. If in any area there is stagnant water, put the plants should not be. Each variety adds to the composition of the soil’s own requirements. This point should be clarified and taken into account when you are just starting to choose varieties for planting.
As you can see, the seedling conifers do not need much to deepen. Enough, prepared for him the pit was the part that we call the root
The most suitable period for planting is from late April to early may. At this time, the seedling has not yet entering the active time of growth, and this means that it is easier to survive transplant and will feel in the new place well.
In a hole for the sapling you need to place the fertile soil, then thoroughly compact it and place in it a plant by the roots, not deeper. After landing ephedra needs watering. You need to carefully watch that the soil doesn’t dry out.
Not all conifers are frost. There are real pussies who are accustomed to humid and warm Mediterranean climate. In the winter they need to keep.
Coniferous – not fussy plants, but they also need care. In the hot summer, they must hide from sunburn and cold winter, those instances that do not belong to hardy, should be sheltered.
Plants can be with closed root system and open. If planting occurs during the spring, and the roots opened, note the presence of white fresh shoots. A plant ready for planting.
Also offer you to get acquainted with caring for conifers in the video: