Starting repairs in the apartment, first think through the interior of the living room or bedroom, and the hallway is often relegated to the background, and in fact it welcomes all guests and takes care of most dirt and dust that constantly strive to sneak in the house.
The walls of the hallway are constantly tested by the touch of hands and clothes, and Pets, for some reason, choose the hall as a testing ground for their claws. Ideally, sew up the walls of thick plastic or paint armor-piercing with enamel certainly is the most practical of options, but what if you want to combine practicality with beauty, but also create a positive impression on the guests about the house since the threshold?
Task, to put it mildly, not easy, but, fortunately, solved. In fact, high-quality materials for finishing the hallway a lot, but wanted to talk about liquid Wallpaper. Many fear to use this, unique in quality, material, and absolutely nothing.
Here are just a few positive aspects relevant to the interior hallway:
- Because of the constant door opening and, consequently, the change of climate, most of the Wallpapers eventually begin to move away from the walls. Liquid Wallpaper this problem completely deprived. They have no joints, and hence to disperse there is nothing.
- Damage to the wall covering in the hallway is inevitable, especially if the home has kids or Pets. Liquid Wallpaper, you can restore and not have to completely redo the repair in the hallway.
- Liquid Wallpaper is soft and warm to the touch, and then a feeling of coziness and comfort at home will attack from the very threshold.
- Paper, cotton and silk, which are integral parts of the liquid Wallpaper is not electrified, and do not attract to the surface of small dust particles.
- Due to the huge variety of colors and application methods, the interior of the hall can be linked with the rest of the house.
Of course, upon closer examination of this material, there are some minuses, but considering the complexity of such facilities as a hallway, the ideal can not be in principle. The key is to know what guided the choice and then the interior hallway will not only be practical but will become a worthy part of the design of the house in General.
First we need to understand what are liquid Wallpaper. There are four kinds, each with its own quality characteristics:
- Pulp and liquid Wallpaper. The main component of Wallpaper is a paper, they are most sensitive to the effects of dirt, moisture and even a simple touch. Despite the lowest cost among «fellow», use them in the hallway is undesirable.
- Silk liquid Wallpaper. At their core lies the paper, but the composition of the added small strands of silk. This coating is more durable and less sensitive to the effects.
- Textured Wallpaper with stone chips. From ready-mix is the most expensive option, but as part of a small marble, makes these Wallpapers are resistant and durable. This is perfect for the hallway and other rooms with complex environment.
- Combined. Typically, these Wallpapers represent a homogeneous white mass, to which you add any components as desired. Most often they are used by professional finishers, so as to create a high-quality mixture requires certain skills and knowledge.
The choice of these options depends largely on personal preferences and budget. In any case, the surface of the Wallpaper is desirable to cover paints, alkyd or water based. This reduces the vapor permeable quality of the material, but it creates an extra protection from damage and from contamination. In addition, the Wallpaper is in the paint much easier to clean, and they do not lose their color much longer.
The above types is a practical side of the issue, but the aesthetics of the hallway no less important. Wallpaper for hallway depends on your individual premises. As a rule, the hall is a small, narrow room with no Windows, and therefore, it is desirable to use dark colors, they will further reduce the space and create a dark oppressive feeling.
But very bright shades should be avoided, as you know, they have the ability to absorb light, and then you can get hallway interior Intrusive from where I want to go as quickly as possible. A similar feeling is created in the subway cars, when a very bright light becomes Intrusive and unpleasant.
Many of the designers in developing the interior hallway, go to the little tricks, for example, you can combine a few shades at the bottom, at a height of about 50 cm are Wallpapers of dark color, and then to the ceiling, soft light. This technique allows to distract attention from the floor, and the transition between colors visually increases space.
One of the most significant drawbacks of liquid Wallpaper is their low resistance to damage and abrasion, it is therefore desirable to spread over them a layer of varnish based on acrylic.
Apply varnish to the surface best with a simple brush, but it is worth remembering that what consumers and more prominent, the surface will become harder lacity.
On the basis of how the application of liquid Wallpaper, it’s hard to imagine that they, too, can be patterned. But the picture does not appear by itself, to create it will have to work hard.
Pictures for the hallway-liquid Wallpaper can be very different, it all depends on personal preference and skills of the one who creates them.
The first thing you need to draw on the cleaned wall with a pencil or marker the contours of the future picture, and for convenience, to point out where what will be the color. Further, divorce is liquid Wallpaper of the color that predominates in the picture.
The material is applied with a small spatula, but so as not to go beyond the delineated contour. Further, it is possible «paint» other colors, but only those that are not in contact with the primary coating. That is, for once, you can apply Wallpaper just in those places that do not touch each other. When it’s all over, coating it is necessary to give to dry properly, usually it takes a day or two, so the more complex and mnogotsvetie the pattern, the more time it will take to create it.
After drying, you can move on to filling in the background. This is done by spatula and with even greater care not to hurt the first color.
Have to wait another few days and the pattern liquid Wallpaper in the hallway is ready. And in order to get acquainted with the process, you can watch the video
Here the process is somewhat simpler than in the first embodiment, and pattern, you can get the more graceful and without flaws. For this you will need a stencil with the desired pattern, you can make yourself or order in any advertising Agency that has plotiny cutter.
To begin, create a background, or the entire wall is covered with liquid Wallpaper. After they dried, with a masking tape attached stencil over it and applied a new coat of Wallpaper of a different color than the wall.
How to work with stencil, you can see in the video
As can be seen, liquid Wallpaper in the hallway is not only stylish, but also practical. Especially if you choose the right color concept. And the figures – though not an easy process, but it is able to brighten often gloomy hallway.
Most importantly, do not be afraid to experiment, times the same type of repairs, fortunately, in the past, and the modern market of building and finishing materials gives you unlimited freedom of imagination and creative expression.