Climatic conditions of the Urals and Siberia keptNot all crops. This creates certain difficulties cottagers, and owners of their own homes, living in the region. Many are afraid to buy their plots interesting perennials, because they do not believe that they will survive the harsh winter. Therefore, limited lawns and annuals. But the Russian selection is not in place, and every year in nurseries rayoniruyut new plant varieties that were previously considered unsuitable for this climate. So today you can pick up and perennial flowers for Siberia and the Urals for the ornamental shrubs. But which ones are the most undemanding and resistant to frost - will understand more.
Low-growing plants are always relevant in the landscape,because they can make out the edge of the lawn, flower beds in the foreground, creating vivid borders. If we analyze the most profitable low-growing perennials to Siberia, then this list will include only a few.
Please the flowering before all. I can not stand the heat, but can live together in a humid and cool. If in the southern parts of these plants are trying to put in the shade during the summer to not burned the roots, the Siberians can decorate primroses absolutely any piece of land.
Primrose can be grown from seeds planted at the beginning of March in containers on a windowsill or bushes division after the plant ottsvetut
Characterized by the ability to get along in anyconditions, adapting to the local climate. If you take a lily of the valley a flower garden, it is the season to be decorative, as in May of glossy dark-green leaves scattered fragrant white flowers, bells and red berries (poisonous!) Take their place by August. Lily of the valley for the season draws rhizome 30 cm, so it will delay the entire area for a couple of years that it would be taken. Even the need to protect the edge of a flower bed with pieces of slate, to stop the spread of the roots. At one place the flower can grow up to 40 years.
With planting lily of the valley is better to wait, if the house is small children, because they are attracted by the beautiful colors of poisonous berries
The plant is a two-year development cycle, ie for the first year after the emergence of the seed increases the aboveground part, and the following summer (June-August) is pleased flowering. May multiply samoseem, although housewives prefer were grown in boxes. Suitable for combined beds, because until the color looks rather unattractive.
Pansies (Viola tricolor or) the first year of a bunch of grown, at the far corner of the site and transplanted to the second year of the main flower bed
Very gentle family of miniature plantsAsteraceae. There are annual and perennial species. More precisely, to the rank of perennials because daisies bloom cycle such as that of pansies, and then she just nasevaetsya itself. Used for the decoration of the Alpine hills, like blotches on the lawn, etc. When the free division of daisies gradually run wild and become smaller. Therefore, the breeding process to better control periodically to transplant and divide very large shrubs.
Daisy can make out the thin strip of land on the lawn, creating a semblance of white milk streams, because they are not afraid of cutting
The second tier, ie of stunted flowers, adopted land plants, the height of which reaches half a meter. Among these perennials, which are suitable for the Urals and Siberia, the two groups can be identified: Flowering and ornamental leaves.
Perennials with bright colors differ in thatthey can not be decorative throughout the summer. As a rule, after the flowering plant aboveground part gets shabby and gradually dies out, to lay the flower buds for the new season. Especially it concerns the tubers and bulbs, which thus protect themselves from overspending power. And yet, those weeks of flowering bright, they give so spectacular, that every summer visitor tries to decorate their beds at least a couple of instances of such plants.
What this list fits Siberian climate:
- Tulips. For cold climates should take early varietiesflowering. They are simple and terry early early tulips. Both varieties are beginning to bloom in May, but in Siberia, this period may move forward to a fortnight. Simple early tulips grow up to 40 cm, double - up to 25 cm Require annual digging and drying, were ground to a bulb is not..
- Daffodils. Child two times - so call this flower,because he is trying to bloom at a time when winter is struggling with the spring. Easy to grow in cold climates because it does not require annual digging, no freezes in winter and undemanding to the soil. But the new, just Varieties differ very large flowers that require garters indispensable. Thin stalks from the wind and rain can break down in the middle of flowering.
- Iris mesh. Amazing perennial capable vymerznutcleaned and regenerated from a single surviving kidney. In comparison with the bearded irises it is less common, but it does not yield the "elder brothers" in the decoration. Between the thin, pointed like a sword, leaves, by May shoot high flower stalks with small but numerous flowers. Due to the unusually bright blue and yellow, purple and white, and so forth. Coloring, visible from afar. Withstand very severe frosts, but do not like damp places. Therefore, they are not planted in the lowlands.
- Bearded Iris. This group of plants is characterized as a beautifulfleshy leaves that do not lose their decorative until late autumn, and large flowers, pleasing the eye from May to June. To the Urals and Siberia these flowers, perennials godsend: hardy, beautiful throughout the season, do not need frequent transplants. Especially for cold climates derived variety "Siberian iris" with large blue-blue flowers. Able to produce flower stalks up to a meter in height, though the bulk of the leaves located in the area of 50-60 cm.
Article on the subject: Planting, growing and caring for bulbous irises - Secrets gardeners
For a couple of years irises grow net high bushes, so that they can become the center of any multi-tiered beds, but for a rich flowering they should periodically share
Siberian Iris was specially grown to the harsh climate, therefore does not require the shelter for the winter and heat in summer special
In a couple of flowering plants isadd and perennials with decorative foliage. They create a backdrop for flower beds and take the place of fades plants, when they start to lose a beautiful view. Among the most spectacular and picky, you can call the hosts, Astilbe, saxifrage, Liatris, goutweed pestrolistuyu, different types stonecrops and Ligularia.
Perfectly co-exist in Siberia flowers, perennials, which before flowering, and then he did not lose the spectacular foliage. This is a chrysanthemum, rudbeckia, phlox, doronicum.
The picture presented: 1 - Astilbe different colors, 2 - stonecrops, 3 - Liatris, 4 - Ligularia. They can be combined, creating several tiers in the flower garden
The real decoration of the Siberian Urals or flower bed can be:
1. - chrysanthemums, 2 - phlox, 3 - rudbeckia, 4 - doronicum
Especially for Siberian conditions grown a special variety of clematis - clematis burning. He is so hardy that requires no winter shelter.
Clematis burning differs from other types of clematis with small flowers that pour bush in the summer, as small pointed stars
But the most impressive, of course, will be roses. In cold climates survive successfully grafted on the wild rose varieties that are hardier and stronger own-rooted. The most unpretentious - park and floribunda. More on the video: