In the arsenal of DIY is always therefunctional and easy to use circular power saw. But there are situations when you need to cut off a piece and do a small amount of work on the tree, and expand and connect the unit do not have time or desire. In these cases, fine saves manual hacksaw. But how to choose a manual hacksaw on a tree, so that it is easy to operate and easy to "gnaw" any wood species in more detail.
Saw is considered to be the ancestor of a largefamily of hand tools. Since the establishment of the first kind of iron tools Saw has undergone many changes, having to get many "sisters", capable of performing dozens of operations.
In the household can not do without "toothy assistants": they are indispensable in the garden pruning, small carpentry and joinery
Hand saws for wood differ in many ways: the size of canvas, steel grade, shape of the teeth, the handle design. Let us consider each option in more detail.
The main component of the tool is the sawcanvas. The first thing you should pay attention when choosing a product - the length of the web. From this parameter depends largely on the possibility of its application. At the same time, the longer the blade, so it no longer springs, which also complicates the process especially when working with hardwoods such as ash, maple or oak.
Long stroke allows at sawing make less effort, because in one move cut is performed more teeth
For cutting small items such as skirting boards,bars or narrow strips can be dispensed with a hacksaw cloth length of 25-30 cm. When planning to use the tool when the more serious construction work, choose a product with a cloth in 45-50 cm.
When determining the length of the saw bladeguided by the rule that the length of the saw greater than the diameter of the elements to 2 times. Failure to follow this recommendation, you just complicate a job. The teeth of the handsaw short will stick in the wood, and to promote tools for the release of sawdust, each will have to exert a lot of effort. Uncomfortable work will cause premature fatigue.
Traditionally product web width variesthe range of 10-20 cm. Models with a narrower web are not permitted for technical reasons, because the break down at the slightest bending. But it is necessary to consider that too wide web inconvenient for manual work.
Equally important is the fabric and material of manufacture, as is often acts alloy steel, as well as its degree of quenching
For nozhovok used tool steel alloy with high silicon content and carbon brands:
- 65G, 60 C2A;
- 8 CP, CP 9, 9 cholesterol;
- U7, U7A, U8, U8A, U8G, U8GA, U9A, U10
metal hardening is carried out byexposure to an alternating magnetic field that triggers an electric current of high frequency. Spreading across the surface, it heats the surface layer of a metal which after cooling is tempered.
The default setting is considered hardnessmetal 45 HRC, but it is preferable to choose a product, the hardness of the web which is 55-60 HRC. Saw blade with high hardness will have sufficient flexibility but high resistance teeth. At external examination of such a tool can be identified by the dusky shade of sharpened teeth.
Determining a measure of performance of the tool and precision cutting wood acts tooth size.
The teeth of the handsaw for wood have a double function: cut wood, and in parallel with this dust is removed
cutting accuracy is determined by «TPI» indicator - the number of teeth per inch.
Between these technical parameters, there is an inverse relationship:
- canvases with large teeth set the speed of work, but the saw cut at the same time get rough and dirty;
- hacksaw with fine teeth ensures a clean and precise cut, but at a relatively low speed.
In determining the required size of the teethIt should focus on the type of material being processed. For example, to work with the DSP, where high precision cutting, choose a tool with a high «TPI» 7-9, and for sawing logs and work in the garden, where the purity of the cut is not as significant - «TPI» 3-6.
When choosing the optimal variant hacksaw guided by the rule that the minimum thickness of logs should be in any case, more than step three teeth
If we compare the red-hot and normal tooth, thenthe difference is that in the first embodiment, provided the product domestic use long blunts. But hacksaw with tempered teeth sharpened again anymore. When it becomes a bad cut, it would have simply thrown away.
Regular tooth amenable to grinding. Periodically perform it, you can use a special file, which has marked an accident (for podtochki saws). To sharpen the blade, perform quite a few movements for each tooth.
In Depending on the type of teeth are three types of manual nozhovok:
- For the longitudinal cutting. Products equipped with teeth in the form of obliquetriangle and resemble hooks. The tool allows you to perform sawing wood along the grain. Such saw blades are sharpened on both sides of the tooth, so that both are able to cut while passing forward and backward.
- For cross-cutting. The teeth of the tools are in the formisosceles triangles. This design makes it easy to saw the material as the cutting edge during the forward and reverse direction. But this tooth type is only suitable for use with dry blanks, but not fresh wood.
- For mixed cutting. The products have a combined composition in whichtriangular edge combined with a slightly elongated semi-circular notches. This solution allows for movement of the arms forward semicircular teeth carry the guide cut, and when you return - a triangular channel to expand, bringing out his chips and sawdust.
Some types of modern instruments equipped with tines that are made in the form of a trapezoid. This solution allows you to make fabric more durable and wear-resistant.
But it is necessary to consider that to sharpen a bladeIt is problematic because it is difficult trapezoidal teeth give the desired shape. This significantly reduces the life of the product, after which you have to change the web or purchase a new tool.
For cutting fresh branches more convenient to useweb equipped with triangular teeth treated with parallel sharpened at which each element is sharpened only on one side and staggered
Quite often the market can be met and upgraded form of saber.
Upgraded hacksaw easily distinguished by the teeth located on the web groups, among which are well looked through the gaps
Hand saws modernized type are effective for cutting raw wood. Wet wood chips through the gaps between the teeth in the cutting process of cutting out easily without hindering the movement of the tool.
Little narrow Saw is a structure that consists of a straight flat sheet and stick. She performed delicate operation: through cuts, cut out curved parts.
This type of tool is designed for cutting pieces of wood, which is less than the thickness of 8-10 cm, the signature of small branches and small works in the garden
In the manufacture of narrow models manufacturersestablish bilateral web with triangular teeth, or with parallel sharpened. A disadvantage of the tool is that when pressing the web during operation is able to deviate from a predetermined direction.
Standard hand saw can be equipped with any type of teeth, and often comes with replaceable blades of various types and performance.
To be able to saw off the workpiece at a certain angle with a standard handsaw have to buy special miter box
But in spite of the declared universality of their application, saw that thia is not desirable to use in the manufacture of furniture.
As narrow, and conventional saws with increasinghardness of the processed material prone to bending. In these cases, use the web effectively equipped butt, which serves a sort of rib.
Hand saws, equipped butt, designed to create a shallow cuts into the wood surface of any thickness
Availability obushka does not allow the saw to make the cut depth is greater than the width of the fabric, since it prevents the passage of the cutting blade on a tree.
Saws type are more cumbersome device acting analogue of the jigsaw.
The main purpose of this type drink - creating an accurate cut at the surfaces located at any angle
Due to the solidity of construction and type of threaded connections arched handle saws are able to easily overcome knots, carrying cut radially and curved patterns.
Depending on the destination and constructive solutions saws can be:
- razmashnye - slitting;
- cross - cutting to pieces across the wood fiber;
- vykruzhnye - to cut holes, radii and implementation figured cutting;
- thorns - for cutting the connecting spines, as well as cutting out the workpiece simple geometric shapes.
Only the arched type hacksaw can cut out the material inside and out, sawed blanks with complex lines and executing at the same time work alone without the involvement of an assistant.
Procedure how to choose a manual hacksaw on wood, is quite simple:
- Determine the purpose of the tool will be used for what. For joinery choose products with a fine tooth comb to ensure high precision cutting, for carpentry - paintings with large teeth.
- The frequency of application. If a hand saw will be used only forone-time work, choose a tool with hardened teeth. Resource exploitation of this type of products is quite large. In addition, you do not have to worry about the operation of grinding teeth and divorce.
- The uniformity of the web. Inspecting the tool, try gentlybend the sheet, setting the angle of 30-45 °, and then release it. Re-check the blade: the slightest deviation at the inflection point, even in the range of 2 mm indicates the poor quality of the metal.
- The cost of products. As with the choice of other instruments, be awarethat the qualitative model of leading brands always much more expensive consumer goods. This acts as a kind of overpayment guarantee durability and long life saw. But for a one-time work does not make sense to spend money on an expensive tool.
Conventional handles made from plastic. Prefabricated plastic handles are made of two halves do not have sufficient rigidity. It is much easier to work with a tool that has cast handle, which is equipped with a rubberized backing for the fingers. The presence of a rubber insert allows for a thicker grip, preventing the formation of calluses on his hands.
Pay attention to the tool handle design: it is desirable that it has an ergonomic shape that allows to transmit the force to the web correctly
On sale there are products with standard and reversible handle. The second option is convenient because it allows you to replace worn-out fabric for a new, if necessary.
Consider the fact that not all hand saws are sold already sharpened. But from this seemingly small things in many respects depends on how soon you can get to work.
Companies that manufacture hacksaws on the marketare a lot. Judging by the reviews, well proven itself: Hacksaw "Zubr" domestic production, Gross Piranha joint German-Chinese cooperation, Irwin Xpert USA. They are known for decent quality at a low price, which varies in the range of 10-20 USD
Finally, we offer you to watch video with tips for choosing: