Many gardeners now abandoned chemicalfertilizer to their own fruits and vegetables are as safe as possible. But what, then, to feed the garden and the garden? Garbage from your own site! Of course, it is also necessary to revise and put in the compost pile. But it will be the environmental and quality fertilizer, and waste all you can find the application. The branches, dried flowers, pruning grape vines, rotten apples ... All this - the perfect raw material for the future of humus, and you have to grind it and put in one place for digestion. To help the cottagers even invented a special technique - shredders, which facilitate the process of crushing the branches. Consider how to choose the garden shredder for your own garden.
This device is basically so simple thatI wonder why so long no one invented. Somehow it looks like a grinder that grinds everything put into it. However, instead of bones and meat chopper gets bark, twigs, buds, roots and tops etc., and out goes the crushed material. The level of fragmentation varies from small pieces to sawdust. Caught in the waste hopper are ground with powerful blades that triggers an electric or gasoline engine.
To make the right choice of garden shredder should be familiar with knife system that will grind chalet waste. They are of two types: disc and milling.
This device is a disk withmultiple steel knives. disk rotation speed of the shaft sets. How quickly izmelchatsya waste, depending on their composition, but best of all the disk system grinds "soft waste": leaves, grass, branches slender, green stems, etc. If the shredder to throw dry or thick lignified branches, then quickly blunted knives..
Circular blades are designed for "soft waste": grass, leaves and thin branches
The milling system is more powerful. It is a cast gear, in which the branches are tightened automatically. It is only necessary to load wood waste into a funnel, and then they will gradually tighten in the grinding mechanism. Moreover, there is no need to control the process and you can do other work. Milling knives are able to grind thick branches up to 4.5 cm. In many models of shredders provides reverse and different levels of fragmentation. But consider whether you need such a powerful system if the process will mainly soft waste. Grass and leaves a better grind disc blades, and often get stuck in the milling systems.
Cutter grinds perfectly dry and thick branches, but the grass it may get stuck
Like most garden equipment, shredderspresented by electric and petrol models. Both options have several advantages. Let us examine them in detail, so that you clearly understand what garden shredder is right for you.
Electric shredders are easy to maintain and are therefore suitable for gardeners with little experience in the use of garden machinery
- Electric shredders enough light, so carry on their dacha can even women.
- When working emit little noise.
- Easy to maintain.
- Do not throw in the air of harmful combustion products.
- Tied to a power outlet, so to move around the site require a multimeter extension.
- Less powerful than the petrol models. Most of the branches is designed for a thickness of 4 cm.
- When power outages they will take advantage of it is impossible.
- When voltage drops can fail.
Petrol shredders are valued for their versatility, because of their lack of power and on the grass, and thick branches
Advantages of the petrol engine:
- The power of the engine is much more powerful. It can handle branches up to 7 cm thick.
- They do not have wires, so they can be placed anywhere in the suburban area.
- When the issue a lot of noise, so it can cause complaints from neighbors.
- They have a greater weight than the electrical system, so they are quite hard to move.
- The complexity of the service.
- When working form harmful combustion products, thereby contaminating the air.
- More expensive in cost and in operation require fixed costs of gasoline and engine oil.
Comparing and analyzing the model, a gardenChopper better pay attention to the capacity of the unit. All shredders are divided into three power classes: amateur system, middle-class and professional models.
This type includes a low-power units (up 1.6kW), running on electricity. Their knife system - disc. Before buying a product and determined amateur class, specify the material from which made knives. The best option - hardened steel. These units weigh up to 20 kg and are able to shred branches no thicker than 3 cm.
Amateur systems are recommended for young gardens or areas where a large area reserved for the garden. Excellent milled grass, weeds, tops, thin twigs
This intermediate options between amateur andprofessional models. These shredders can run on both gasoline and electricity. Maximum power - 2.5 kW. Suitable for private houses and suburban areas, where the garden is small, but no longer young. The units are equipped with milling cutters, so easy to grind branches up to 3.5 cm.
Of the advantages of the unit it is worth noting the system of self-retracting waste funnel for mulch and the presence of wheels that allow to move the chopper on site
These include large, with a considerable weight of the system,who are able to develop the capacity to almost 4 kW. The engine may be a petrol or electric (three-phase). Ability to work a long time to grind and branches up to 6-7 cm thick. Moreover, the crushed material is subjected to the compact, as a result of which make excellent mulch. The units are equipped with large comfortable funnels, powerful macerator cutter type and able to pull the waste without prodding. Due to the high performance demanded in farms, gardens, a large area and so forth.
To review our garden shredders was a more complete look at some nuances of choosing a particular model.
- Going for a shredder, you need to be clear that you will them to "grind" and how often.
- Selecting a specific model, look at the craters device. The most easy to maintain - a funnel, like a cone and slightly tilted.
- In order to grind the waste into different fractions (large pieces, sawdust, etc.), The rotation speed of the blades in the system must be adjusted.
- It is more convenient to use units, where there are several openings for different types of waste: in one you will insert the branch to another - grass and leaves.
- Note the noise level which provides the selected unit. If it exceeds 84 dB - it will be very sensitive to your own and neighbors' ears.
- Models that provide pre-cutting blades are longer and easier to cope with different rubbish.
- A good supplement will reverse. If the knives are clogged or not mastered very strong thread, you can quickly stop them and forced to rotate in the opposite direction to the problematic debris pulled back.
- Some electric models providedSelf-locking chopper. If the electricity is lost, and then suddenly reappears, the unit will not turn on their own. It will save you and especially your children from accidental injury.
- Included with the shredder must be given to the plunger, because the push debris into the hopper by hand is unsafe.
If your selected model is morepart features and additions listed above, the manufacturer's name is not so important. Although products of famous brands still reliable because has been tested by time.