If the owners were able to buy a dacha in winter or spring, then Refine it during the season is hard enough. The beds, however, jailed, and beautiful flower beds to break difficult, because many plants start to bloom and purchase a decorative effect only to the second year. The only option is to buy or grow on the window sills annuals for flower beds. Their growing period is so short that many plants begin to bloom in may. The main thing is to combine and to select varieties that flower all season it looked spectacular.
When you purchase seeds of annuals we need to focus on that will blossom your bed until mid-may, even if you grow seedlings at home, on the window sills. With direct sowing in the soil the plants bloom much later, by June. And the reason is not only that most of the annuals give the first flowers after 40-45 days after germination of seeds. The rate of ripening of plants will affect the weather. If may will be cold, in Primorskoe, then hatched sprouts are easily damaged, will stop growing, and the vegetation period will increase. Even the most unpretentious marigolds don’t like the contrasts of day and night temperatures. So the gardeners there is an unspoken rule: to plant seedlings only after the may frosts, and if sowed directly into the ground, then at night cover with a spunbond or other nonwoven material.
The only way to make flowerbeds bloom in April – to make them beautiful annuals in pots and containers. Seeds planted at home in capacity since the beginning of January to get to the end of the spring tall, covered with flower buds seedlings.
Flowerbed of the pots can stand in this form until the beginning of June, and then the whole seedling method of handling planted in open ground
For these purposes well suited ampelnoe petunias, marigold, Lobelia and marigolds. They begin to sow in the middle of winter, and to accelerate the growing season, until March the seedlings are additionally highlighted. At the end of April in pots and containers will bloom beautiful flowers that you can put the day to bed. However, by the evening of beauty will have to hide in the verandah, not to freezing.
Some clever gardeners, making similarly small beds (up to a meter in diameter), manage to save the plants, not dragging them back and forth. For this they constructed of wooden stakes, a high pole and lutrasil a kind of tepee:
- First, in the center of the bed (definitely round!) score the pole.
- Around it fill the space with containers of flowers, placing them in tiers.
- On the edge of the beds to drive the pegs.
- Lutrasil was sewn from two paintings in the form of wide sleeves, whose diameter should be slightly larger than the diameter of the flower beds.
- Tie the top of the sleeve to the top of the pole, and the lower part of the cover is straightened on the pegs and pressed to the ground by the stones.
- On the day the lower part of the cover roll it and tie to the pole.
Similar to the construction of the day looked aesthetically pleasing, it is possible to hide lutrasil were in vivid white cover, putting on the right on a pole. Like, a lot of hassle. But making a wigwam of times you use them several seasons.
In the first picture the bed is closed lutrasilom and pressed against the stones, the second to the shelter tied up to the pole, and the stones play the role of curb, located between pegs
There is a video on this topic:
If no special desire to bother with the selection of plants, but want to keep the original landscape, suggest to create moniklubi from one annual plant that has a long flowering period. Today there are many varieties with different colored flowers, so by ordering multiple bags, you place the area in a bright colour. Considered to be the most spectacular miniature svetnicky in the form of circles or squares positioned randomly on the lawn.
You can use the following annuals for flowerbeds monostil’:
It begins to bloom from late may and continues until October frost. Densely planted plants resemble Terry pad, because flower profusely. Ageratum is not afraid of moisture, but even a mild frost can spoil the ornamental leaves. Grows to half a meter. The best varieties for monocortical are considered dwarf (10-30 cm). Note that the degree of growth depends on light. In partial shade ageratum begins to stretch out, reducing the number of colors, but extending the stem.
Square mini flower beds filled with fluffy bushes of ageratum, harmonizes perfectly with green accents of turf grass or groundcover plants
For spots of color fit the following classes:
- White bouquet (height to 25cm). Flower color is naturally white;
- Blue mink (height to 25cm). Color – blue;
- Kalinka (height up to 20 cm). Color – maroon and red;
- Malinka (height up to 20 cm). Color – crimson;
- Pink ball (height to 25cm). Color – pink-purple.
If you have the desire to create multi-colored spots, it is possible to plant variety «Aztec treasure», where mixed seeds of different colors.
Color spots from different varieties of ageratum, scattered throughout the site in the form of tiny flower beds will look decorative until the winter
It is a groundcover that fills the area with a dense carpet with a height up to 20 cm Through it, even the weeds and rarely break. You’ll be incredibly pleasant, aroma of honey, so for those who have hives, it is very beneficial in terms of feeding bees. Doesn’t love fresh organic matter and acidic soils. In dry summers require irrigation. It blooms from June to late autumn.
For monokrom use the following classes:
- «Pink rug». Better survives if the seedlings grow, and then transplant into the ground. The flowers are small, pink color.
- «The snow carpet». One of the most hardy varieties. Perfectly reproduces by planting seeds directly in the ground, and next summer will grow by samasem, if not pull the bushes for the winter, and to do it in early spring. Very densely covered with small white flowers and it looks like he spilled milk.
- «Gold placer» or «Golden wave». Spectacular bright yellow variety. Unlike the previous, does not creep along the ground and grows like small balls. So the bed will have undulating terrain.
- «Magic circles». Light purple blossoms look very decorative. Does not like heat and reacts to it with the termination of flowering. In this summer alyssum may lose leaves and flowers. In this case, gardeners are advised to cut the aboveground part to let the roots young shoots. By August, the plant will bloom again and will delight before the winter.
Even after the first October frosts most flowers and leaves of alyssum will remain «live», until the final cold
Different varieties of alyssum is possible to fill even narrow gaps in the rocky hills, but in such places it is better to plant seeds than to dive seedlings
An excellent option for flower beds with borders more low-growing annuals. The plant itself has a height of 40 cm, 20 of which occur in the inflorescence. Blooms a very long time, until late autumn, but has a long growing season. Salvia to bloom, it should take at least 3 months. So the only option for the growing seedling method on window sills or in the greenhouse followed by planting in beds.
Salvia has a huge number of varieties of different colors, but the flower beds typically combine no more than two colors to the flower garden didn’t look too gaudy
To cover is not too decorative stem flower with Salvia better framing some low-growing plant, for example, cineraria.
Bright red Salvia, framed by silver cineraria, looks solemn and impressive, delighting owners with blooms until late autumn, but both annual require early seeding
If you want to create a flower garden in the form of thin streams, running along walkways or around patio area, the perfect dwarf marigolds. Not everyone knows that this plant can be cut, giving a geometrically smooth shape. However, it does not diminish the degree of flowering, keeping the decorative even after the first autumn frosts.
Marigolds not only decorate any flower bed, but also improve the soil because secrete phytoncides, killing parasites and fungal spores
In unfertilized soils, and scarce feels the purslane. A feature of this plant is low-growing needle-leaf form, which is similar to the bushy tree. But the flowers are large, bright and closed (before the rain) resemble rose buds. This plant can be used in rock gardens and at the edges of mixed beds.
Portulaca flowers look stunning both in open and in closed form, and since the flowering give out lush Terry flowers
And finally, a couple of schemes flowerbeds of annuals, growing well in sun and partial shade:
Only three annuals create a vibrant green-and-white effect in this flower : molucella smooth (1), amaranth caudate (2) and snapdragons (3).
Here’s how to create a tiered flower bed of annuals around the Bush clematis (No. 1). Close planted: sweet tobacco (No. 2), brachicoma (No. 3), tall marigolds (No. 4) and immortelle (No. 5).