When at his dacha owners are trying to get personal source of water supply in the absence of a Central water supply system, the first question is whether there is any water under the land and how to raise it to the surface. On the taste begin to think only after the well is drilled. Because you never know what can get into the aquifer: waste water enterprises or farms, heavy metals, etc. Therefore, before starting the use of a source necessarily carry out the analysis of water from wells. And wait for the conclusions sanepidemstantsii, decide whether the water some additional treatment system.
Proper sampling will depend on the ultimate outcome of the tests. You can’t just recruit from a pipe or faucet liquid and transfer it to the proper authorities. Well, if employees sanepidemstantsii curious how you collect water and send you recommendations for a new portion. But it may happen that your container will be accepted without question and based on that will conduct a full analysis. Not only that, it will not be true so you begin to fight a non-existent pollution problems. Although the main problem is in incorrect sampling. To avoid such mishaps, follow these guidelines intake:
- It is impossible for Tara to take a metal flask. Allowed only glass and food grade plastic.
- Bottles can be b/ear, but only mineral water. From drinks containers are not suitable, because during their production using sustainable dyes and preservatives, which can settle on the inner walls or wash away even after rinsing with boiling water.
- The maximum volume of the box – no more than a half liter.
- The bottle is pre-rinsed several times with hot water (glass with boiling water), and the latter again washed with water from the tap, you will be taken for analysis. Do not use any chemical cleaners, even soda, because they may not clean up and change the outcome of the trial.
- Before sampling it is necessary to give the water 20 minutes to drain. This way you eliminate possible stagnation in the pipes and at the same time get rid of the metal particles (if you have tubing of iron).
- When making water in the bottle did not get an excess of oxygen, causing adverse chemical reactions, turn on the tap very slightly. Let the fluid drain as slowly as possible, a thin stream.
- The container is filled with «under the throat». When you close the tube, it is necessary that water even a little spilled out. Thereby you will get rid of any residual air inside.
- Prepared the bottle tightly wrapped in impenetrable to light pack and carry on donating in the next three hours. If you are in the country, and today was a day off, in the same package containers we have to hide in the refrigerator and keep there until delivery but not more than two days.
This analysis of water hosts a freshly dug well hand over without fail, and those who already use source – once in 2 years But if you notice that the well started giving muddy water or a foreign flavors – definitely send the fluid for analysis, regardless of whether it’s been two years or not. Ingress of sewage or industrial emissions that infiltrated into the groundwater, can cause poisoning.
Even transparent water can be unsafe to health because it absorbs everything that gets in the soil or contained in layers of the earth
The deterioration of water quality can be seen by external signs. They should alert owners, and at the first appearance «trouble» you can not drink the water raw. On the basis of visual inspection you can see that the blame for the deterioration of water quality, and to take some steps for cleaning it up.
Here is a list of the most common signs of contamination:
- In the water clearly heard the smell of rotten eggs. The reason is the penetration into the borehole hydrogen sulfide. Such a fluid is hazardous to health!
- In transparent dishes or white ceramic slightly yellow water. The sink and the toilet quickly covered the stack locations a touch of rust. The reason is the presence in the aquifer large amounts of iron. This water is suitable for drinking, but after boiling. However, it will be felt taste of metal.
- Muddy sediment is gradually deposited on the bottom of the dish. The reason is silted up the walls of the well or a clogged filter screen. Is that dregs is to blame and the vibrating type pump, which raise the liquid to the surface. Its use is not recommended, because vibration is the destruction of the casing. Another reason – washed gravel dumping.
Consider how you can purify water from wells, depending on the causes of pollution.
Iron may be present in the well in five different compounds. The task of deferrization of water – to cause such oxidation reactions, in which the metal will fall out of solid precipitate and can be filtered from the system.
Excess iron stains the water yellow and if the liquid stand in the bowl, the walls are formed by the traces of rust
Inside the well nothing can be done. Therefore, the piping in the house, put special filters, the inner walls of which are covered with oxidizing composition. When water passes through the filter, the iron reacts, turns into solid particles and sediment drops out there. Naturally, such filters require frequent cleaning and replacement, or the level of treatment each time will be worse.
Plant for iron removal water is placed in the back rooms right at the entrance of the pipeline into the house and requires regular cleaning of the filters from the sediment
The hydrogen sulfide can be formed in the casing for several reasons. It can provide the result of the activity of sulphur bacteria. The reason could be rock (sulfide ore), in which the punched hole, and the particles which penetrate through depressurize the joints of casing pipes. And the third option – the smell can give compounds of manganese present in the water. Only after laboratory studies should decide how to get rid of the problem. To eliminate sulfur bacteria in the home best suited to carbon filters. They will adsorb all impurities and neutralize toxic compounds, harmful to humans. If the reason of depressurization of the seams, you will have to carry out the reconstruction of wells.
The main adsorbent in the charcoal filter to purify water is charcoal, known for its ability to absorb impurities contained in liquids
If the well bred bacteria caused by organic matter in the column, then you must first complete disinfection, and then clearing the water out of the well. Most often disinfected with chlorine. But it is necessary to be careful because the chlorine in large doses causes poisoning. Better to invite a specialist of sanitary and epidemiological stations, who knows exactly how many grams of drug are required for your volume of water in the well. After chlorination the water is pumped several times until the smell wears off. The more secure option of sterilization using active oxygen or UV equipment. Active oxygen is often used in public pools, because it is not dangerous for swimmers. You can find it in the stores offering equipment and products for swimming pools. Cleaning with ultraviolet light is based on the ability of these rays to kill organic impurities.
More profitable (but expensive!) option – installation of the system, which is called «reverse osmosis». It is able to purify water from all types of contaminants except sulphide. The set includes multiple filters and protective membrane where all the debris settles from the passing fluid. The dirt appears in the sewers, and potable water is supplied to the crane.
In reverse osmosis includes a number of filter elements, each of which addresses a particular contamination, and the membrane, check everything that has a size larger than the water molecule
By the way, if your aquifer supplies water with a high content of salts or of nitrates, reverse osmosis is the only way to solve this problem.
Important! Some experts advise not to drink water purified by reverse osmosis, daily, as it lacks not only harmful, but also all the nutrients, i.e. sterile. They recommend to solve the problems of water point, installation of filters, specific neutralizing pollution: bacteria, iron, salt, etc. Such systems are purposefully filtered, not «picking up on the way» and useful minerals.
Maintaining quality water and promotes regular cleaning of the well. Let slyvania sand and silt, as well as try to regularly update the water in the pipes. If you live in the country only in the summer, at least once a month come to release stagnant fluid.