The country is the main source of vitamins for urban residents, so as soon as the snow melts, they «fly» to create greenhouses, panicky, to plant seedlings. The season ends again with snow, but in late autumn. And most offensive, when labor destroys the unexpected frosts, sudden changes in spring temperatures. Early flowering trees tried to save with the fires, but today the clever owners have found that with cold weather it is a gas heater for cottage. Of course, it was not invented specifically for heating seedlings or trees. Infrared devices created for the visitors of the outdoor cafes, so as to detain them longer at the tables. A season of such institutions is short, and the heaters were given the opportunity to extend it, and so to increase profit.
And only later on the outdoor gas heater «look» practical gardeners, noticing as many problems can be solved on the plot with infrared innovations.
- Young trees, if the night breaks out an unexpected frost.
- Seedlings in unheated greenhouse or a greenhouse, if the spring heat alternates with sub-zero night temperatures.
- Thermophilic culture, which have a long ripening period, requiring warm weather until the beginning of September. But in our latitudes in August, nights become too cold, and watermelons, melons, eggplants do not have time to ripen. So the night near the garden put a portable gas heater.
- Bought ducks, chickens, etc., if they are a few days old.
- Tile walkway, front porch steps in the winter if they are frozen. The heater will instantly melt the ice, because of which injuries. Besides, this method is more gentle to cover, rather than breaking ice with a crowbar and cleaning shovel.
- The area on the plot, veranda, gazebo, if the owners wanted to sit friendly company, fresh air, and the temperature is not happy.
The scope of use of the gas heater in the cottage is so vast that each owner can enter this list a couple of examples.
Excluding gas, sales you can find electric infrared heaters. But for truckers it is more profitable for the gas system. They are mobile and easily carried to the most remote corners of the site, while the electric «tied» with the network, and if you need to use them far from a power source, you’ll have to buy the extension cable is great footage and pull the wire through the entire country. It takes a long time (especially the rollback!). And if the outages, so it does not connect.
Besides, for the price of gas is cheaper than electricity, and the cylinder can be refilled at filling stations. A gas heater is another plus that can accompany their owners even when traveling or on vacation outside of the cottage. Gathered men fishing raw in the morning, put it near a heater and get a comfort.
Electric heaters are more popular in restaurants than in the country. Besides, not everyone in the country even have electricity
To gas heater infrared radiation worked, in its lower part is a cylinder with gas. These systems operate on LPG either propane or butane. Ideally, you should look for in the sales model that can work on both types, because the shows propane high efficiency warm in spring and autumn, when temperatures near zero and below, and Bhutan – in the summertime.
The heat from the gas infrared heater extends in the form of a cone, extending from the hood to the ground
The advantage of infrared rays is that they do not spend energy on warming up the air, and act according to the solar method: warm the objects and people. This is the heat once the device is turned on.
For ignition of the heater does not need matches, because the system illuminates on the principle of normal kitchen lighter with piezo igniter. You press the button on the case made a spark, igniting the gas. The fire begins to warm a special grid, and when she warms up to the desired level, it starts to produce infrared radiation. The rays reflected from the inner reflector and «fly» on the street, warming a certain area and everyone in it is.
Gas heaters can be found in the sale of two forms. The first – traditional, invented initially, it looks like a regular floor lamp with a cap, resembling a cone, and outstretched leg. But if the lamp base is reminiscent of a circle, in the heaters it sounds more like a high pedestal. In this ground-stand concealed «the heart of the system» — 25/30-liter bottle. This amount of gas will be enough for the day, if the device to turn on and not off. But, continuous gas heaters are rarely used. Usually either a few hours or overnight. If you to install the unit for night heating of greenhouses or flowering plants, that fuel will last about four nights. If you use to warm the rest of people, approximately six to seven nights.
The second form came later. It is more stylish and looks like a pyramid. The pyramidal device different distributed IR rays. If torshernye models they are directed downwards, here the heat is supplied in the form of a column that starts at the ground and rises approximately 1.5 m. i.e. the fire is located in an elongated glass bulb is spread evenly over the height of just the glass. But even with strong heating of the flask there is no danger to get burned because the outside of the entire heater is closed by a special lattice. It also protects the glass case from accidental bumps, drops, etc.
Pyramid heater distributes heat around itself more evenly than torshernye
If you need to buy a gas model, then pay attention to the following points:
- Do you have appliance wheels? Heaters are quite heavy, and if I have to carry them far, it is easier to pull on wheels than on their own hands.
- What is the level of security? Find out from sellers, equipped with this model automatic gas cutoff in case the wind blows out the flame. A good addition will be a function of the shutoff in case of accidental fall of the appliance or strong inclination.
- How is the reflector? The reflector defines the zone covered by the infrared rays. And what its diameter will be greater the wider the radius of the zone, came under the warm rays. Find those heaters in which the reflector is not solid and sectional. If suddenly the item will deteriorate, you don’t have to buy it whole, and it will be necessary to replace only the broken section.
- What is the capacity of the device? The wider the area you plan to heat, the stronger should be the device. Practice has shown that gardeners choose the heaters, whose power = 12 kW. Their strength is enough for the normal heating of the circle from O to 6 meters. Less powerful systems for street purposes disadvantageous, and the more powerful consume a lot of gas, but efficiency and heating area is not too different from a 12 kWh-oriented.
- Ease of adjustment. Heaters there are two types of adjustment: fixed (strong and weak gas flow) and fluid (exhaust gases may to adjust the required level, taking into account the ambient temperature). The second option, of course, more profitable.
With all the advantages these devices can raise the temperature by about 10 degrees, and that when the temperature outside is +10 and above. The lower the temperature, the heat level will be weaker. But if you use gas heaters for homes, their efficiency is higher, but the air quality worse (combustion products into the room!). Such systems are not recommended for long use in small rooms.