In the harsh climate of the hosts struggling to warm the house or cottage. For example, to protect the front door and put a porch. It is a kind of vestibule, where the mixing of cold outdoor air and warm, from the interior. But, warming house, they don’t always take into account that the porch will not interfere with additional insulation. Otherwise unheated space will freeze and sweat, causing the finish to quickly come into disrepair. With the right approach insulates the veranda at the stage of construction. But it happens that the house is not built, and bought, and not in the best form. In this case, the insulation of verandas from the inside your hands carry out as necessary. It is important to know where the cold «crawls» in the room, and to take all possible measures to protect.
Usually a verandah put on the same type of Foundation and the main building is a monolithic concrete or concrete slabs. This material absolutely does not block the cold that comes in winter from the earth, so are able to freeze through. Heat loss through the Foundation reach 20%.
Options for how to insulate the base of the summer veranda, there may be several.
These options are only possible at the stage of construction of the deck when underway Foundation work. After removing the formwork, the entire internal platform covered with earth or clay. The land cost is cheap, especially if the construction left a lot of extra ground. However, the quality of heat is low.
Clay layer prevents moisture and frost penetration in the concrete slab
The expanded clay insulation above, but it will have to buy. You can make a double layer: first to fill the soil, and the second half expanded clay pebbles.
For the Russian land, where 80% of soils – heaving, you need the outer insulation of the Foundation with Styrofoam. Thawing and freezing such soils expand in volume and can warp the Foundation. A layer of insulation will become an insulator, which will save the base from direct contact with the ground, and put a blockade of frost. Polystyrene plates paste over the entire outer surface of the concrete, including the basement.
To insulate the porch with his hands fit: foam, extruded polystyrene foam, liquid polyurethane foam. All these varieties of polystyrene, which differ in the properties and method of application. The cheapest of them – foam. It retains heat well, but moving soils will crack. In addition, the foam pulls out of the ground moisture, so when it is mounted creates an additional waterproofing layer (from soil). Extruded polystyrene due to the dense structure, no moisture permeates, is not afraid of the ground has a high frost resistance and serves more than half a century. Expensive but worth it.
Before gluing Styrofoam, you need the entire Foundation to cover up with a waterproof mastic
Both types of polystyrene are placed on the outside of the Foundation, dug it to the core. The first number put on the gravel bedding. Before laying the Foundation coat bitumnopolimernye mastic (for sealing), and when dry, glued Styrofoam plates. The adhesive should be a polyurethane. It is applied with lubricating points or the entire sheet. The joints between the plates, too, take on the glue, to avoid cold joints and cracks for water penetration.
The newest way external insulation – a polyurethane coating. It brought to the construction site in the form of liquid components and special equipment nabryzgivajut on the Foundation. After curing, the coating becomes dense, solid and extremely durable. The characteristics of this material is not inferior to extruded «brother», but the cost of the work is more expensive.
When napisana insulation is the best insulation because there are no joints
In addition to the Foundation, closest to the ground floor. Its insulation is a must if you do not want to see in the corners of the black spots of damp.
This files most often on the porches poured concrete floors. If you plan heated veranda by the system «warm floor», it should be taken care at the stage of pouring rough sex. It is better to choose an electric system that you turn on as needed. Water floor can at very low temperatures to freeze and will have to wait for spring to thaw or remove the coating to warm the pipes.
If the porch was an old tile, you can lay insulation directly on it
Consider how to insulate the floor on an unheated porch:
- The whole cellar is filled with gravel and top – sand tightly tamped.
- Lay reinforcing bars or mesh (so the concrete did not burst) and do the concrete floor 5 cm thick.
- When pouring ustyle create waterproofing. The easiest way to coat the water-repellent screed with mastic. But cheaper is to lay sheets of roofing material and fasten them together using bitumen mastic (or warm burner and roll).
- On top of the waterproofing assembled impregnated with antiseptic joists, and between them lay the insulation. The best option is mineral wool with polysiloxanes side. Foil releases from the veranda infrared radiation, which escapes most of the heat. Rolls of insulation are put after all the joists are installed.
- You can insulate with polystyrene foam. Then the joints between the boards must blow out foam, and when it is dry cut the excess.
Then lay boards or decking, because both materials are warm. The Board should be treated against rot and paint with preservative. Plus, natural wood is very afraid of bad ventilation. To avoid dampness, in the Foundation of ventilation, which should be placed below floor level.
Insulation put the foil up to reflect the heat back into the porch
The deck does not require ventilation in the underground, because he is not afraid of moisture and temperature changes
Decking is also a Board, but already processed compounds at the plant. It is made from larch, which is not afraid of any frost or moisture. Such material is lined with outdoor terraces, so the porch it especially suitable. However, the cost of such floor is not going to be cheap.
The walls of the large area of contact with the street, so consider how to insulate a porch with their hands inside and out. The outside insulation is produced in that case, if the wall material looks presentable. Ie it can be blocks, old wood, etc.
a) For wooden walls:
- Sealed all the cracks in the building.
- The tree fills the vertical sheathing boards with a pitch of up to half a meter. It is better to measure the width of the insulation and to fill exactly its size. Then all the plates tight to the sheathing prelegal.
- Between the bars inserted mineral wool, fixing of dowel-umbrellas.
- Fix the stapler on top of the waterproofing membrane.
- Finished with clapboard or siding.
After laying mineral wool need a stapler to attach to the sheathing waterproofing membrane
b) For block walls
- Pasted on the walls of the foam polystyrene special adhesive composition, further reinforcing the plug-umbrellas.
- Coat of the same glue on the top plates and fasten them to the reinforcing mesh.
- After drying, cover the walls with decorative plaster.
Pick adhesive especially for laying of polystyrene plates
All the insulating layers of cake hidden under decorative plaster
If the outside veranda looks aesthetically pleasing and you don’t want to change her appearance, you can have the internal insulation. But before you insulate the porch from the inside, must be carefully caulked all the cracks (in wood construction).
- Stuffed the crate.
- Fixed staple waterproof film that does not let moisture into the insulation.
- Assemble metal frame made of profiles, which will then fix the drywall.
- Fill the frame with mineral wool.
- Cover the insulation vapor barrier.
- Mount the drywall.
- Applied topcoat (shpatlyuyut, paint).
Distance between metalloprofili must match the width of the sheets of insulation
Large heat loss can come from Windows and doors. If your porch has old wooden Windows, but you do not want to change them to double glazing, it is necessary to thoroughly check their integrity:
- First pay attention to the quality of glass verandas: to do this, pull each bead.
- If they are cracked or loose, it is better to remove all the glass, clean the grooves and lubricate them with silicone sealant.
- Then insert the glass back and put sealant around the edge.
- Pressed on the bead (new!).
Walk normal metal line in the joints of the frame and the window opening. If in some places it passes freely, then these cracks should be sealed with foam. Exactly check the front door. If you bought the non-insulated version, you will have to insulate the canvas from the inside and stud leatherette.
Fixing of glass on both sides with sealant, you will make them impervious to wind
All the places where the line moves freely, it is necessary to saponite
We have to figure out how to insulate the ceiling, because through him from the wooden veranda escapes much of the heat. Especially if you open the front door. Seeking inside the flow of cold air instantly pushes up warm.
The best option is to put between the beams polysiloxane foamed polymer, which will keep heat and moisture nil.
You can choose, and mineral wool, but then put the first layer of roofing felt for a vapor barrier, and his slab insulation.
Under mineral wool trail ruberoid for waterproofing
After such a thorough insulation of your porch will stand any frost, even if it is unheated.