If you have decided that in the house or in the country not enough of a verandah, it is always possible to finish. But first ask yourself: why do you outbuilding? If purely for relaxation amid nature, it makes sense to do an open terrace or a gazebo. The veranda also erected to improve the thermal insulation of the house, because she plays the role of a vestibule between the street and the front door, blocking a direct hit of the cold mass in space. The secondary function of the extension is to be a place of rest – will be executed only if the room is spacious and insulated. Then in the winter you can sit over a Cup of tea, contemplating winter landscapes. Try to figure out how to attach the porch to the house that it was warm in winter and maximum summer air.
Since the porch will become part of the main building, its style should match the design of the house. It is recommended to use the same materials that comprise the walls and roof of the house so that the structure looked harmoniously.
If the house uses modern materials, glass veranda looks quite appropriate
You can also combine the materials, connecting the house and the porch with trim. For example, if the house is brick, to keep the same roofing, and the walls of the verandah to make blocks, but the finish to perform a decorative plaster, and it also decorate the Foundation of the main building. To a wooden country house by far is to attach a porch out of wood.
Wooden house and porch appear to be a single ensemble
Veranda is always built to close a door. Therefore in ready home you will not be able to attach the side which you want. Without entering inside the building is separated from the house, and carry in food and tea from the kitchen will have across the street.
The size of the veranda up by the owners based on the number of people who were able both to relax. For the needs of a family of 5-6 people is enough for the construction of 3×4 m. But it is worth considering and overall appearance from the street. If you think the porch is small and the cottage itself is two storey, it is unlikely that your architectural ensemble will look harmonious. But the little houses just the same, you can attach the porch to the full width of the building wall. This useful area will increase, and looks quite well.
But with any footage you have to build to officially legalize. And not after construction, and before! When you come up with the design of the veranda and pretend its General view, go to the special Department involved in design of buildings, and order a draft deck. After its production it is necessary to go to the architectural Department of the city to obtain a building permit and to amend the project at home. Why is it important to do in advance? For the project and approval is about 2 months, so it is better if they will fall in the winter, when there began the construction season.
Before starting work, it is necessary to prepare the site. To do this, remove the topsoil (about 15 cm) and taken it into the garden or flower beds. The platform is spread and begin to breakdown. According to the dimensions specified in project, mark out the boundaries of the future terraces. For this drive at the corners built of iron pins or wooden stakes around the perimeter, pull the twine tight.
The outer edge breakdown must match the dimensions of the verandas, and the internal retreat to the width of the Foundation
Most often in Russia for attached to the house verandahs make the tape or pier Foundation equal to the depth of the Foundation of the main building. It is recommended not to bind them into a single monolith, because the house and veranda have different weights, and therefore different degrees of shrinkage. And that heavy building is not pulled for a lightweight build, put a veranda on a separate basis. To this end, the Foundation of the house and porch leaving a gap up to 4 cm.
Attention! When creating the Foundation you should consider the characteristics of the soil in your area and the total weight of the building. Lightweight foundations on heaving soils can «play», and then the porch will depart from the walls of the main building. In addition, they are not designed for heavy walls, for example, made of brick, and may shrink under their pressure.
Used for the construction of the large verandas of brick or blocks, which cover with a heavy roof (slate, metal tiles, etc.). It is easier to build strip foundations of the verandah to the house of concrete.
On a strip Foundation will stand the most severe veranda
To do this:
- Dug a trench (dimensions count out the Foundation of the house).
- Put the formwork to a height equal to the height of the future Foundation (or slightly above). It is made of planks, knocking the shields.
- Concrete prepared in the following proportions: 1 part cement, 3 parts sand and 6 parts gravel.
- The first layer of concrete is poured on the bottom and reinforce it with stones, to make about 10 cm.
- Then pour the next batch, again add stones etc.
- For the top layer of the concrete stones are not used, and level the surface with a trowel and leave to Ustawienia (3-4 days).
- If it is hot, then a couple times a day shed to avoid cracking the Foundation.
If the porch is framing or wood, you can put it on the pile Foundation. To be safe from frost heave of the soil prokatyvaja pits to a depth below the soil freezing in your area (over a meter). For a small and light verandas is enough to put the bars only in the corners. For large stands to make a series of intermediate columns with a step of 50-60 cm between them.
Pier Foundation can be made from concrete blocks or red bricks
- Dig holes.
- The bottom of each of them poured 20-cm layer of sand.
- Pour concrete to the surface of the earth and expect Ustawienia.
- Coat the finished pole with bitumen and covered the gap between him and the ground sand.
- The above-ground part of the bar is created from brick or block masonry, bringing it up to the height of the main Foundation or slightly below. Look below to the finished floor of the veranda was about 30 cm.
Order of works:
- Fill the space of the cellar expanded clay for insulation.
- The Foundation is covered with a double layer of tar paper (and tape, and columnar).
- Fixed on the Foundation joists, pre-fluff them with antiseptic.
- Plank eaves boards (thickness 5 cm).
The joists are pre-impregnated with an antiseptic composition
You can do the concrete floor, but in this case you will have to carry out additional insulation work, because the base will pull the cold from the ground and floor on the veranda will be constantly cold.
Consider how to build a deck from wood. To this is mounted a frame made of beams, 10×10 cm work Order:
- Ready for the rough floor laying rails for the bottom trim, connecting the corners «direct lock».
- The engravings in the bars every half-meter grooves for vertical racks.
- Put racks, fixing them with nails and staples.
- On top of the rack attach rail to the top cord.
- Near the pitch of the roof of the house to kill the beam run on which will lie the rafters. It is necessary to take on the anchor bolts (and all racks adjacent to the building).
- Mounted truss system.
- All the wood is treated with antiseptic.
Boards for bottom piping is laid on the Foundation, insulated roofing
To bars top cord mounted truss system
Often roofs do shed. While they are more sloping than the roof on the house. Creating a roof on the veranda is done in the same way as the installation of the roof of an ordinary house.
Stuffed to the rafters continuous or broken crate depending on roofing
Only if you have a house attic type, one of the layers you were doing a vapor barrier. In the veranda of a vapor barrier is not needed, because the under-roof space will not be used. In addition, when high-quality insulation of the walls and floor, vapor barrier layer is contraindicated. After a couple of premises need somewhere to go. And it will seep through the ceiling into the attic, and from there to evaporate out. For this it is necessary to lay as a waterproofing layer of special super-diffused membrane, which will not allow moisture from the outside, but inside the steam passes freely. However, for steel and metal coatings do not apply because they are from condensation can rust. For metal buy a special condensate film.
Super-diffused membrane consists of microscopic pores, resembling a funnel
After creating a rough floor, you can sew the frame, leaving openings for Windows and doors. To do this:
- In the locations of the Windows installed drip Board, which should be about two feet from the floor. Fix the Board to the upright.
- Preparing the frame materials that will keep the heat and come to the main building. From the inside it can be plywood, and on top of it — lining, outside siding or wood. But always between them lay a layer of insulation and waterproofing tape (both sides of heater), so it did not penetrate the moisture from the street and from within steam. Don’t forget to leave the window openings.
Once done the frame porch to the house, insert Windows and doors.
Article topic: How to glaze the terrace: features the works
With the installation of vertical posts between them make the step equal to the window width
Wall is better to sew on two sides, padding inside the insulation
Also, it is necessary to pay attention that the door should not be opposite to the inner door leading into the house. Otherwise, drafts can not be avoided. It is best to do with the end of that cold air flown when opening, found the way into the living space.
We offer for your viewing video with an example of the construction of this building:
If the porch is attached to the brick house, it is logical that its walls are made of bricks or blocks of ennobling their decorative plasters.
A brick porch needs to be solid Foundation, as the construction will be heavy
Tips on installation:
- An addition better to put on strip foundations.
- The walls themselves hold only in the case if you have construction skills.
- Since the construction will not be large, enough of masonry in a half-brick, and the inside lay out blocks.
- Void fill expanded clay.
- Trim a porch drywall or tsukamurella, and then paint.
Pay special attention to the insulation of every element of the design. Even those owners who first put non-insulated porch, a couple of seasons looking for ways to make it warmer. Because the freezing corners and Sinisa doors are not too pleasing to the eye. And in Russia, the harsh winters are not uncommon.