Americans believe that they invented barbecue, although recognize that the process of cooking meat on an open fire, the Spanish conquistadors learned from Peruvian Indians. However, the word barbecue (barbeque or bbq) is of English origin and translates as cooking over an open fire. In the mid-twentieth century was the invention of a kettle grill-boiler, then came the BBQ came into Vogue. Extremely popular and brick barbecue oven. Annually in Russia is being built about 100 thousand fixed barbecue and sold 900 thousand portable.
Choosing a wood oven to give, need to carefully consider not only their needs, but real opportunities. The choice will have a significant influence of the following factors:
- Available territories for BBQ. Generally, the furnace is set on the ground in front of the cottage or country house. However, for this purpose can be used and the area of the site. The oven may even become a part of the gazebo.
- The financial ability of the future owner, BBQ. If you opt for the mobile option, for a few thousand rubles a portable or fitted with wheels the device will be yours. Stationary furnace of brick or stone will cost significantly more. Especially if its construction will have to contact the experts.
- The design of the product. Oven, as well as other elements of the site, should look harmonious. A single style of the house, the surrounding area and all its elements are extremely important. Dissonance, is not visible initially, may eventually start to irritate.
When choosing, you must focus on the fuel that will operate the stove. The existing models use liquefied gas, charcoal or electricity.
This oven, which is so juicy looks at the background of greenery and flowers, in fact, installed incorrectly: the green areas are unlikely to enjoy coming from her fever
This is incredibly beautiful oven will look great in the garden of country style, combined with red-tiled roof and other similar elements
Most often the reference point for the choice of the place is the kitchen. Its proximity is convenient because don’t have much time to spend on the transportation to the oven food and utensils. But there are other things to consider:
- The smoke from the stove can cause conflicts with neighbors, so to place the barbecue away from someone else’s plot.
- Installation of stationary braziers under the trees is not allowed, because green space is harmful from the point of view of fire safety this layout — disorder.
- During the construction of the fixed structures must be considered the most frequent direction of the wind. The flame should be protected from gusts or wall, or use a protective screen.
The right choice will allow you to enjoy the results of their labor without fear that you will have to redo everything.
If the furnace is installed so that it does not interfere with the neighbors, it will not be a cause for conflicts, and the reason for friendly feast
In a furnace whose flame is protected from wind gusts, nice to cook, and such a site before construction is easy to keep clean
BBQ oven with their hands to build not just a, but all obstacles can be overcome, if not to rush and do everything consistently and correctly. The construction will allow to build what you want, saving on the labor of hired workers. In addition, enjoy the process of creativity is also guaranteed.
Eyes fear, the hands do – that the fundamental principle of the work house masters: nothing is impossible, if you try and take my time
Pre-prepared materials that are always at hand – a great start to a peaceful process. To build a street BBQ oven with his own hands, we need:
- Concrete solution. You can certainly purchase a solution, but is cheaper, easier and more economical to do it yourself.
- Board. Timber Board will go on the formwork, and boards will use as a basis for coupling countertops.
- Metal waste. The Foundation must be reinforced. Here for this purpose and useful to various pieces of metal, which are unsuitable for other activities. For example, it may be old wheels, trim channels, area or fittings, pieces of sheet metal or wire. If you waste not, you can take 10 rebar and weld it from the frame.
- The area under the jumper (if necessary).
- Brick. Be sure to have a standing refractory (heat-resistant) brick with dimensions 187х124х65мм. Otherwise, the choice depends on the imagination of the author. Perfectly brick «Bassoon», face brick and natural stone. Finish the stove should match the appearance of the main structure of the site.
- Wooden stakes and twine.
- Slag for the Foundation.
- Roofing material.
- Metal pipe. It is best to use a tube with a diameter of 15cm.
- Metal sink and faucet.
- Rubber hose.
Unfortunately, the exact amount of material will have to rely on their own. It all depends on the size of the finished oven.
If you do not want the construction process to figure out that something is missing or bought a lot of excess, you will have to make drawings of the furnace for a barbecue. They will help to navigate in space, to future construction beautifully blended into the site plan and were not surprised by his irrelevance.
Our oven BBQ facilities are prudently and sink, and the workplace, which is very convenient for someone who is busy cooking
Here’s what you need to consider:
- Form structures. The oven should be not only functional but also pleasant to look at. If the building is stationary, it’s good to include the sink and the cutting table. If even now these functions seem to be unnecessary, then you will appreciate them: don’t have to run between the courtyard and kitchen.
- The surrounding area. You must immediately remove the branches of large trees, if they are to be located in dangerous proximity to the tube structure. Place to the stove to expect given the location where it would be possible to move away from the burning fire.
- The back wall. The back side of the buildings looks like an ordinary wall. Furnace protects the area for guests from prying eyes. You need to consider that the back wall will heat up, so put it close to another building is impossible. But the construction of the Alpine slide at the rear wall is a good idea.
As stove, barbecue, built of brick, is lightweight construction, it will be enough of a Foundation of concrete grade of 100, reinforced metal waste, height 20 cm.
- Using pegs and string mark out the Foundation and the perimeter of the Foundation dig a hole depth of 30 cm. Margin width – 5 cm.
- The bottom of the pit covered with slag and good stamps.
- Put around the perimeter of the formwork, placed reinforcing inside her metal.
- Make concrete and pour it into the formwork.
The finished concrete should harden in about three days.
Foundation for the furnace should not have elevation changes – make it smooth, for storage of wood flooring, it will be
The Foundation dried up and you can proceed to the main construction stage. The screed across the surface carpeted with roofing material. It should serve as hidroisolation. Before you start laying, you should decide on the form of openings, which are in the oven. If they are rectangular, right corner, which will play the role of bridges. If you plan arched vault, you will have to make a template from boards.
Walls constructed in cement mortar in a half-brick, not forgetting the openings. The height of the walls in the arched opening should be 80 cm, and with arched – 60 cm recommended height is obtained empirically. If to it to add 2-3 rows of bricks, the countertop will be at a height of 90-100 cm Table of this height is comfortable for most people.
To make the arch of a doorway must use the template that supports the design and will not allow her to get the wrong form
If you want to make a rectangular opening on the last row of bricks placed a jumper from the corner. Further masonry walls continue around the perimeter. If it is used an arched doorway, then set the template support. It will immediately be seen as folding BBQ oven. Be aware that in the arch of the arches have to be the Central brick, which causes the bearing capacity of the structure. Output the radius of the arch helps the difference in thickness of the layer of cement between the lower and upper part of bricks.
The arch of the arch of the opening of the furnace must have a Central bricks, which provides load-bearing capacity of the structure and its reliability
Don’t forget about the sink in the wall to lay the pipe that will fit the hoses supply water and drain it. If you decided to do without a pipe, can be left in the wall opening in a half-brick for these hoses. Make a hole in the bottom of the wall at the level of the sink. If the drain is not a special pit, the hose can go on a bed or a flower bed, planted moisture-loving plants.
The sink is better to use stainless is the most reliable, hygienic and attractive option, remember to prepare the kiln openings for the inlet and outlet hoses
Brick «Bassoon» narrower than the front. When «Fagot» laid out the final row of the wall, it’s a step. She be useful to us, so if a Builder used the entire brick of the same width, the inner step will have to be made artificially, for the brick of the top row need to be pushed outwards. Internal step needed to create the ties under the table top.
Screed is a Foundation under the stove burner and countertop. It must be done, regardless of what will be a further surface coating. Boards cut to the size of the span between the internal stairs and stacked, leaving an opening for the sink.
Between the steps, which formed the last row of bricks of the first layer, placed boards to the screed, do not forget to leave space for the sink formed by the formwork along the perimeter of its location
For this place in the doorway, where will be mounted the sink, leave blank boards. On the contrary, are of boards formwork opening for future washing, fixing it with screws or spacers. Now simultaneously concrete and leave it for 3-4 days to dry.
On the dried screed can be put marble slabs. This durable and beautiful material is often chosen as a natural stone for countertops. The overall design looks very attractive and will last a long time.
The composition of the second layer, which will be lined with bricks, includes a furnace and the wall. Walls are solely decorative load and protect the area from prying looks. Erect them in a half-brick, and this phase of work is not questioned.
Much harder work with a furnace. For masonry firebox stove BBQ made with your own hands, use bricks of two types. The inner part of the furnace and its bottom is laid with refractory bricks, and the outer piece is out of the ordinary. It turns out two rows of bricks. The design of the furnace time-tested, and do it as follows:
- The height of the opening from the firebox is 7 rows of bricks and the arch. If the opening of the firebox has a rectangular shape, its height, 9 rows of bricks. The element width is 70cm, and its depth is about 60cm. Above the opening spread 2-3 rows of bricks, and then start making pipe.
- Pipe is narrower, so all sides of the furnace must gradually be shortened. Each subsequent row for the front and back walls is reduced to a quarter of the length of a brick, and the side walls on half of its width. So put 6-7 ranks, we formed a fairly narrow tube that subsequent rows 12-14 to put it right.
After laying the foundations of a couple of days, you can proceed to the final stage of projects – dark beauty.
The furnace is too high and too long a pipe from stove BBQ worsen cravings and incorrectly assign the smoke
Left a bit: installing the sink and faucet, brings to it all the necessary hoses, lockable countertop marble, wood or other suitable material and equip the Playground in front of the stove. For the site most often used screening or usual paving tiles.
Wonderful BBQ oven made with your own hands in a full style line with all that surrounds her, will long to please the owners, their friends and neighbors
Of course, no street ovens BBQ, too, can do as without computer, without mobile phone and without a lot of other things that are not only useful, but also make our life.