Thinking through the interior of the kitchen, it is important to choose a style that meets your requirements of the room. Adherents of comfort and functionality, combined with the individuality the direction of modern will be the ideal option in resolving the dilemma. After familiarizing with the versatility of the interior in modern style, you will join the ranks of the many fans of this trend in the art of design.
The origins of art Nouveau are at the junction of 19th and 20th century. As opposed to the luxury and frills of an Empire style and Baroque, art Nouveau interior aims to achieve simplicity and functionality using modern materials. The basic principles of the art Nouveau style are the following:
- A lot of wood. The range of its use in the interior of the kitchen is wide enough, it may be the facing panels on the walls, furniture or individual items, doors and decor. Preference is given to natural color, in a privileged are a number of food with an interior solid wood finish, which reaches dark tones.
- Florid lines. Art Nouveau, wherever he applied, including formation of kitchen interior, alien symmetry and uniformity. He is drawn towards nature, and therefore prefers smooth transitions, avoiding dominance of sharp corners and clear lines. In the interior of the kitchen is welcome Wallpaper with a pattern simulating the vines, arched doorways or ceiling with the curves of the drywall.
- Floral patterns – another feature of the art Nouveau style in the interior. Butterflies, petals green plants, lilies successfully takes its place on the soft upholstery, Wallpaper, curtains or other kitchen decor items.
- Stained strongly emphasize strict adherence to the principles of art Nouveau in the interior of the kitchen. They can be used for decoration of doors or mounted cabinets in furniture, the originality and individuality of the kitchen will give a shade of stained glass.
- Wrought iron items are suitable for a large space, than not always have a modern kitchen. If you wish to strictly adhere to the interior of the kitchen all the fundamental principles of the art Nouveau style, forged products used in the design of the furniture or decoration.
The realities of modern life brought about changes in the fundamentals of the art Nouveau style. The kitchen has expanded the range of materials used for wall surfaces and furniture, organization, lighting and the formation of the decor. Distinctive features of the interior of the kitchen in the modern sense of the art Nouveau style:
- Do not load the space.
- Strong geometric shapes combined with smooth curves.
- A preference for smooth and shiny surfaces.
- Besides the neutral colors, the use of bright colors, but the iridescence is not allowed.
- Features and abundance of built-in appliances, modern gadgets.
- A limitation in the application of textile.
- The lack of extra accessories and excessive decoration.
New approaches to interior design in modern style will be used in small kitchens. Glossy surfaces, minimalist textiles, asymmetry helps to visually expand the limited size,.
Kitchen interior in modern style today is intermediate between the traditional classics and radical hi-tech. To achieve even and smooth surfaces in furniture, designers have used glass and plastic. Glossy metal, mostly stainless steel, another popular material in the atmosphere. It can be seen not only as legs for chairs, but the design of the chandelier. The color palette of the furniture is very diverse, and a preference for peaceful shades of ash, light-brown, grayish-blue. However, the widespread and bright designs, the main thing – to observe moderation and to extinguish the rich colors blend with the pale background. The decision to place the kitchen in white color is permissible in this case to dilute «sterility» situation recommended a few bright elements of the decor.
To organize functional interior helps correct the shape of the furniture. There is no fundamental classics and original negligence of the country. The tables and chairs are inherent in simple and strict forms, without «screaming» elements. Perfectly acceptable look plastic chairs. Popular material for making furniture MDF and plastic, providing a glossy surface of the facade. Often equipped with non-traditional door handles and hidden mechanism that opens the boxes with the clicker. However, such detail in the kitchen is not practical, causing rapid contamination of shiny surfaces. Cabinet doors are made of frosted or transparent glass, to pick up the stained glass window, clearly following the traditions of modernism, is extremely problematic. To ensure the practicality and to make space in the kitchen built-in appliances.
Being the owner of small dishes, resort to single-row or corner installation of the furniture. Owners spacious squares, the designers propose to create a modern style with «P»-shaped placement of the headset and the formation of an island or Peninsula kitchen. The lack of open shelves and built-in household appliances greatly simplify the task of maintaining order in the interior of the kitchen at a high level, speeding up the cleaning process.
Strict rules in the choice of materials and finish surfaces for modern style does not exist. Given the increased level of contamination in the kitchen, for the floor fit traditional tiles and laminate. To satisfy the desire to add comfort to help Mat. The design of the ceiling in the interior of the art Nouveau style is characterized by a variety of options. The most commonly used layered design with smooth lines made from drywall. The bas-reliefs and moldings in the kitchen are acceptable, but not practical. Quite naturally look ceilings. Neutral shades of walls and furniture will help to dilute the bright apron or original panels of large size in the free wall.
The presence of natural light is a hallmark of art Nouveau. Contribute to the fulfillment of this condition the large Windows in the kitchen. The lack of lighting kompensiruet uniform distribution of artificial sources. The lights in the kitchen are not only on the ceiling and walls, also the modern style practised outdoor or embedded in the base of furniture light sources.
Tiered ceilings in the kitchen, consistent with the principles of art Nouveau, assume in addition to the lamps, additional illumination, providing ambient lighting of the interior. Even if the height does not allow to use complex structures, the light should be plenty and not necessarily with the same intensity. The shape and color of the lamps provides space for imagination. Minor limitations of the art Nouveau style are the lack of poisonous colors and sharp corners. The smooth lines of the lampshades and ceiling of the original shape and calm shades – the most organic choice for kitchen design, assuming compliance with the art Nouveau style. Imitation flowers, branches and leaves in the design of lighting should not interfere with quality cleaning, so it is important not to overdo it during the formation of the interior of the kitchen. Special restrictions on a material does not exist, harmoniously blended elements from crystal, glass, bronze, copper and porcelain. The dimensions and placement of lighting is directly dependent on the kitchen space and furniture placement. Increasing the intensity of light in a working and dining area, the remaining areas of the interior are encouraged to issue average.
Supporting the idea of art Nouveau in terms of availability of natural light, curtains in the kitchen are characterized by the lack of pretentiousness. The material used for the manufacture of synthetic for easy cleaning, and washing. Designers recommend to pay attention to the interior design with its Roman and roller blinds, traditional blinds or curtains, pleated.
The extra decor and accessories for the kitchen, decorated in art Nouveau style, is misplaced. The interior will blend modern watch or a beautiful vase in a simple form. Bright accent can be a bowl of fruit. The modern style involves a set of minimum textiles including apron, oven mitts and towels from tablecloths should be abandoned and replace it with support tissues. That is a certain asceticism of the interior of the kitchen will allow you to fully enjoy the functionality of modern style, without losing individuality and elegance.