To the design of the housing the Japanese responsibly, and every element carries meaning, and even in some sort of sacred meaning. Japanese tradition, which is widely used in the design of the dwelling reflects the profound philosophy and a harmonious combination of colors.
What is the secret to increasing popularity of Japanese style, which is now among the most popular?
Consider the main advantages of this direction:
- the main advantage is, of course, the visual expansion of space. Because of this, the room in the Japanese style seems almost in 2 times more.
?Attention! For the majority of Russian families with small kitchens, this advantage will be particularly attractive.
- minimalism – a thorough layout of the room using a minimum set of furniture in turn, gives more space.
- harmony in everything: in the combination of furnishings and colours.
- the versatility of the objects in the room.
- the use of natural materials.
- the maximum natural light.
To fully replicate the Japanese style, of course, not easy, but to contribute in making European food are its main features and the mood of the rising sun is quite capable. Kitchen for the Japanese, not just a place for cooking and eating, but also a cozy corner in the house.
It often happens that the Japanese live in small houses with an area not exceeding 40 sq m, and decorated in a style the room won’t seem cramped and uncomfortable.
There are three unbreakable rules that you should follow when making cuisine in a Japanese style:
- Simplicity and monotony. We should not strive for variety in furniture, utensils and other items. The pretentiousness is not for Japanese style.
- The minimum set of objects. It is important to use a minimum of furniture. Thus, the interior of the kitchen in the Japanese style should be built as simply as possible, without clutter it with unnecessary details. The most important thing here is the free space.
- Each thing in its place. Thanks to this basic rule is observed order in the kitchen. Every thing needs to carry out a specific function. All excess has no place here.
In Japan there is the traditional aesthetic world view called Wabi Sabi and they are personified in the beauty of imperfect, incomplete and fleeting. In accordance with such major concepts as Wabi Sabi and is decorating the room.
Wabi – refers to those elements of decor that are made with great simplicity. Associated with simplicity, austerity, Parastu and inner strength. It’s a wise restraint, the lack of extra practicality. On this basis, in the interior of the kitchen, made in Japanese style, there is a monochrome and minimalism. Japanese philosophy teaches us to appreciate beauty in simple and modest.
Sabi – obedience, archaic naturalness and authenticity. It is understood the beauty of it keeps the time, which becomes even more perfect. It evokes a feeling of the transience of all that exists in life. A true decoration of cuisine in Japan believe the Antiques.
Colors is one of the main components in the design of the home, because the selected palette creates a General impression and sets a special mood to the room.
Japanese philosophy is based on harmony and unity with nature, and, on this basis, apply all the shades of the four elements – earth, fire, air and water, and color popular character in Japan, Yin and Yang. The Japanese prefer to use natural colors and avoid too much combinations of different shades.
Commonly used shades:
- beige, coffee, camel, brown, pearl, honey, ochre and Earth colours;
- white and black, as the unity of male and female (Yin and Yang);
- red is the color of Fire;
- light blue and grey – the colors of Air;
- deep blue and turquoise color of the Water.
The basis in the choice of colors is often used wood shades and as an accent red and black. Besides, as a complement to the main, the design can sometimes be seen and green.
Thanks to this harmonious color combination kitchen in Japanese style is a hotbed of peace and tranquility.
Japanese style involves to finish the kitchen using only natural materials, but as an exception can be used by artificial analogues, close to natural finishes.
As the finish indoor use:
- wood veneer, rice paper, bamboo, and glass for the walls. As the basis used drywall, painted in various shades of white;
- laminate flooring in light wood and painted in bright shades of honey for the decoration of floors;
- wooden beams and wood panels for ceiling finish.
Skinali – an interesting idea in Japanese style, which is a substitute for traditional tiles, for the decoration of the working area. Is a glass panel, decorated with landscapes or characters.
The color of the ceiling will usually match the color scheme of the walls, creating, thus, a single space. The choice of color is mainly used by all variations of white. Will look spectacular translucent suspended ceiling with internal illumination.
The beauty of Japanese style will not be manifested to the maximum, if not to pay due attention to the lighting. It should be bright, but close to natural. The style of the interior in the Japanese style emphasized the lamps, made of wood or rice paper in the shape of a rectangle and sphere. They are usually located in the dining area and built-in light sources – in the area of cooking.
Japanese style emphasized rigid and flat curtain panels with strict form. As a material for them, it takes a special fabric or natural material – bamboo, rattan, rice paper. In width they are about 90 cm, and the length must reach the windowsill. If you want to make a very wide window, such panels have overlap.
According to Japanese traditions in the interior is often used low tables and seat cushions replaced. Thus you will save space, but the use of such furniture is not always convenient.
Instead, you can use the usual tables and chairs, but respecting certain rules:
- they should be compact. You want to avoid massive furniture, cluttering up all the space;
- the use of special colors. The furniture should be made of a light brown or beige wood, with light fabrics;
- often used in the interior unpainted wood, with the aim to highlight its natural beauty. It is recommended to use only natural materials in its different forms, it is forbidden to use of plastic and plastic.
In the Japanese style, usually dominated by a significant number of household appliances. It is multifunctional, which not only saves kitchen space, but also time. Part of it is in sight, the other part is hiding in a roomy cabinets. Appliances used the most modern, which is designed to make your job easier in the kitchen.
Typically, a functional area that is intended for cooking, is along the wall or near the window. Thus, there is a stove or cooktop, hood, sink and cutting table. Hood differs rectangular form and white color. The hob and sink have containing Nickel matte surface.
The dining area is given a place in the center of the kitchen or the wall.
As decor and accessories for the Japanese style in the kitchen are of ikebana, prints, a variety of scrolls with wise sayings of the philosophers, porcelain, statues of the gods. Important elements of decor are lamps Akari.
Kitchen design in Japanese style, sometimes not without the help of professional designers, but still, if you want, you can do this with your hands. If you chose a Japanese style for your kitchen, then this is evidence of your ability to see in ordinary wonderful. Your kitchen in Japanese style is a comfortable area, full of peace and deep aesthetics, inspired by Eastern philosophy.
For more information on modern kitchen in Japanese style learn in the next video