In the harsh climate conditions of the owners in every waytrying to warm a house or cottage. For example, to protect the front door put veranda. This kind of vestibule, where there is a mixing of cold and warm outside air from the interior. But, to warm the house, they do not always take into account that the porch will not prevent further warming. Otherwise, unheated room will freeze and syret why finish quickly will become worthless. With the right approach insulated veranda at the construction stage. But it happens that the house is not built, and bought, and not at its best. In this case, the inside with your own hands insulation veranda conducted as needed. The main thing - to know the places where the cold "creeping" into the room, and to take all possible measures to protect.
Usually veranda put on the same type of foundation,and that the main building - reinforced concrete or concrete slabs. This material is not completely block the cold winter that comes from the earth, so is able to freeze through. Heat loss through the foundation reach 20%.
Options like warm summer terrace base, there may be several.
These options are possible only at the stage of erectionveranda when foundation works are carried out. After removing the formwork, the entire inner area covered with earth or expanded clay. Land cost is cheap, especially if a lot of excess soil left during the construction. However, the quality of heat saving is low.
Expanded clay layer prevents moisture and frost droop in the concrete slab
We expanded clay insulation above, but it will have to buy. You can make a double layer: first, fill the ground, and the other half - expanded clay pebbles.
For the Russian land, where 80% of the soil -distending, you need an external insulation polystyrene base. When thawing and freezing of such soils are expanding in volume and can distort the foundation. The layer of insulation becomes an insulator, which will save the base from direct hitting the ground, and put a blockade frost. Polystyrene plates paste over the entire outer surface of the concrete, including the basement.
For insulation veranda with their own hands are suitable: polystyrene, extruded polystyrene and polyurethane liquid. All these species of polystyrene, which differ in properties and method of application. The cheapest of them - Styrofoam. It retains heat well, but on moving ground will crack. Furthermore, the foam of the land pulls moisture during installation so create additional waterproofing layer (from the soil). Extruded polystyrene foam due to heavy moisture structure imbues not, is not afraid to soil movements, has a high resistance to frost and is more than half a century. But it is worth it dearly.
Before gluing Styrofoam is necessary to cover the entire foundation waterproofing mastic
Both polystyrene are placed on the outsideof the foundation, digging up it to its very foundations. In this first series put on gravel podsypku. Before laying the foundation BITUM coat with mastic (for waterproofing), and when dry - glued Styrofoam plates. The glue should be polyurethane. It is applied lubricating points or the entire sheet. The joints between the boards, too, take the glue to avoid thermal bridges and gaps for moisture.
The newest method of external insulation - polyurethane foam spraying. He brought to the construction site in the form of liquidcomponents and special equipment had been sprayed onto the foundation. Once cured, the coating becomes dense, monolithic, and very durable. The characteristics of this material is not inferior to extruded "brother", but the cost of the work is more expensive.
When sprayed insulation is the best quality insulation, because there is no joints
Furthermore foundation closest to the ground floor. Its insulation is a must if you do not want to see in the corners of the black spots of dampness.
Most often on the verandas poured concrete floors. If you plan on heating the veranda with the "warm floor" system, should take care of it at the stage of filling rough floors. It is better to choose the electrical system, you will need to include at least. Water floor can at very low temperatures to freeze, and have to wait for the spring, so that it thawed, or remove cover to warm pipes.
If lying on the veranda of the old tile, it is possible to put the heater directly at her
Consider how you can insulate the floor to an unheated porch:
- The whole cellar is filled with gravel, and the top - sand and firmly tamped.
- Expanding reinforcing bars or mesh (to concrete do not burst) and make a concrete screed thickness of 5 cm.
- When filling ustyla, creating waterproofing. The easiest way to fluff screed waterproof mastic. But cheaper - lay sheets of roofing material and fasten them together using a bituminous mastics (or warm burner and prikatat).
- On top of the waterproofing assembled impregnatedantiseptic logs, and between them lay out the insulation. Best option - mineral wool folgizirovannoy side. Foil does not release from the veranda infrared radiation, with which most of the heat escapes. Rolls of insulation is placed after all the joists are installed.
- You can insulate and polystyrene. Then the joints between slabs should be blown out with foam, and when it dries - cut off excess.
Then lay planks or decking becauseBoth the material - warm. The board should be in every way to handle it from rotting and paint preservative. In addition, natural wood is very afraid of poor ventilation. To avoid moisture, it is necessary to do in the basement ventilation vents, which should be located below the floor level.
Insulation put up foil to reflect heat back into the veranda
Decking requires no ventilation in the underground, because he is not afraid of moisture and temperature changes
Decking - is also a board, but treatedcompounds in the plant. It is made of larch, which fears neither cold nor wet. This material is lined with outdoor terraces, so the veranda it all the more suitable. However, the cost of such a floor will be costly.
The walls of a large area of contact with the street,therefore look at how warm the porch with his hands inside and out. Outside insulation is carried out in the event that the material of the walls looks unpresentable. Those. it may be the blocks, old tree and so on.
a) For wood walls:
- Close up all the cracks in the building.
- On the tree fills the vertical bars of the crate with a step up to half a meter. It is better to measure the width of the insulation and stuff right on its size. Then all the boards tightly prilyagut to the crate.
- Between the beams inserted into the mineral wool, fastening dowel-umbrellas.
- Over fix a stapler waterproof film.
- Clapboard siding or trim.
After laying mineral wool stapler should be attached to the sheathing waterproof film
b) For block walls:
- Glue the walls polystyrene plates special adhesive composition, further reinforcing the plug-umbrellas.
- Coat with the same glue on top of the plate and fasten them reinforcing mesh.
- After drying, cover the walls with decorative plaster.
Pick the adhesive composition especially for laying polystyrene plates
All layers of insulation cake hidden under the decorative plaster
If the outside porch looks aesthetically pleasing, and you do notwant to change its appearance, it is possible to conduct an internal insulation. But before you insulate the veranda inside, it is necessary to thoroughly caulk all cracks (in the wooden building).
- Stuffed lath.
- Fix stapler waterproof film that will not let moisture in the insulation from the street.
- Mount the metal frame of the profiles, which are then consolidate drywall.
- Fill the frame with mineral wool.
- Cover the insulation vapor barrier film.
- Mount plasterboard.
- Apply a topcoat (shpatljujut, color).
The distance between the metal sheets must match the width of the sheets of insulation
Large heat loss can come from windows and doors. If your porch are the old wooden windows, but you do not want to replace them with double-glazed windows, it is necessary to thoroughly check them for leaks:
- First of all, pay attention to the quality of the glass veranda: this pull each bead.
- If they are cracked or stagger, it is best to take out all the windows, clean the grooves and lubricate them with silicone sealant.
- Then insert the glass back and apply the sealant along the edge.
- Shtapikami presses (new!).
Walk in the normal metal rulerground joints of the frame and the window opening. If in some places, it flows freely, then these gaps must be sealed with foam. Likewise, check the front door. If you buy non-insulated version, you will have to insulate the fabric on the inside and upholster with leatherette.
Fixing glass on both sides of the sealant, you make them impervious to wind
All places where the line moves freely, it is necessary to zapenit
It remains to understand how to insulate the ceiling, becausethrough it from the wooden veranda evaporates much of the heat. Especially if you open the front door. The aspirant into the cold air pushes up instantly warm.
The best option - to put between the beams folgizirovanny foamed polymer, which simultaneously will keep heat and moisture will not miss.
You can select and mineral wool, but then put the first layer of roofing material to a vapor barrier, and on it - a heater plate.
Under mineral wool trail roofing waterproofing
After such a thorough warming your patio withstand any cold weather, even if it is not heated.