To a city dweller could at least occasionally 20floor, breathe fresh air, people have come up with a balcony. The owners of private houses or cottages air rife, but still pulls inhale it with every modern comfort sprawled in a rocking chair or sipping tea at an elegant table. On the ground put the furniture - uncomfortable, let us make holes in the lawn, and legs want any hard surface. Similar problems takes a terrace to the dacha house. Build it easy, and you can enjoy all year round. Let us see what is the terrace and how it can be mounted on their own.
Some gardeners mixed concept of "veranda" and"terrace". Let us for a start, what difference between them, because then we will consider only the particular installation terraces. These buildings have different goals and structure:
- Terrace is built purely for rest and is an open platform on the foundation, which can be covered by a roof.
- Veranda is created as a cold room,preventing the direct penetration of outside air into the house. It is always adjacent to the front door, serving her protection and terrace may not attached to a house.
- Terrace has no walls. Veranda - almost always closed!
- Dimensions veranda may be minimal (only to protect the entrance). Terrace built large to could rest a few people.
Another building - garden furniture - also looks liketerrace, only built separately from the main building. But gazebo mandatory element are the perimeter fence. It can be wood or brick wall, built half gazebos, railings, woven mesh and so on. In the terrace no fences originally did not exist, and then there were the pillars that serve as a support for the roof. Between them, sometimes stuffed with strips, creating the semblance of a handrail, but this element is not required.
Terrace is solely for recreation, porch and another for protection from the wind. In principle, and can serve as an excellent veranda seating area, but it is a secondary function
Determined to get to the cottage summer terrace, first determine where you put it. Here are a couple of options:
- You can attach directly to the building, as it were, making its continuation.
- A great option - a terrace that goes around the house on all sides.
- Less common terrace, placed outside the main buildings, ie standing alone.
The choice of location depends on the locationgarden Orientation. If the south side there is an exit to the street, the best option would be an attached terrace. In it you will be able to relax even in winter, the sun was warm. If the entrance to the house - from the north, on an attached porch on this side will be quite cool, although the summer heat - it's very useful. In this case, it makes the whole building envelope extension so that you can move to relax after the sun.
Made outside of the building terrace buildingusually near the pools, waterfalls and other beautiful elements of the landscape, to be able to admire them. And if your cottage is located on the waterfront, there is no doubt, there should be a terrace at the water's edge.
The cheapest terrace will cost, when it is constructedwith his own hands - this time, and building materials, left over from the main building - two. Boards, bricks, blocks, etc. -. All this can be combined to create a base. If the material will have to completely buy it, pay attention to the most reliable, because your extension must withstand scorching rays and frost effects of ultraviolet radiation and precipitation.
In our conditions, the tree is used more often becausethat it does not is heated in the heat and keep warm. Stone or brick terraces are more durable, but they are in the cold ledeneyut, so in winter they are not too comfortable.
When you create a variety of geometric shapes terracesis not limited. The easiest way to make square or rectangular structure. But if you strive for originality, you should take the form of a polygon, and the different levels. By the way, multi-level buildings are advantageous in that they provide a good flow of water during rainstorms. You just cant when installing each "step" of the building, and as a result your terrace will not be in the puddles.
Irregular shapes always win in front of the originality standard rectangular
To help you understand how to build a terrace in the country, first define its basic elements. Any outdoor terrace will consist of:
- base (aka - the foundation);
- support designs.
Because these items are mandatory only the first two. Third varies depending on the creator of fantasy. So there you go, all the steps.
The procedure works:
- Mark up the place for the future construction. To do this, trying to drive into the ground around the perimeter of reinforcing pins or pegs and strings twine for them.
- Put the corners temporary support (you can add up to 2 paving tiles), which laid the side joists. Roughly terrace must be placed above the ground 30-40 cm.
- With the help align horizontal level,enclosing a tile construction waste (stone, brick pieces, etc.). At the same time remember that the logs must have a slope of about 2? from home, so that when the rains were good runoff.
- Aligns the twine strung along the top edge of the logs tightly fix to a peg.
- Laghi remove and proceed to the creation of the foundation. To do this, put in the corners of the cement pillars, the height of which must coincide with the temporary support, which previously laid joists.
- Between the columns dig a trench, fillmortar and put it in sidewalk curbs, so that there was approximately half the height of the land. Aligns the level of the plane, wait until the concrete hardens.
- Just create a basis for the opposite side.
- The remaining cavities filled with sand near the border.
Instead, you can pour the curb conventional tape or pier foundation. Also, some owners of the interior space is filled terraces and gravel make water drainage system.
In this sequence are as individual as well as terraces Attached
When installing the curb always check the horizontal level
The procedure works:
- In columns and curbs put logs and fix screws.
- We mark up, which will strengthen the boards.
- We spread the rails connecting them with lags corners.
- Flooring planks. If you use an ordinary tree, it is better to buy larch, because it is ideally suited for outdoor conditions. More often take 10-15 cm wide planks and thick 2-3.5 cm. Stela boards are not back to back, and maintaining clearance for ventilation. This will help to avoid rotting the terrace.
- Trimming the edges of flooring jigsaw.
- Paint or varnish coating.
Please note that if, instead of the boards will be laid decking, they begin to put on the wall, retreating 1 cm away from the building.
The process of mounting frame. It is best to buy a screwdriver for such work - it will significantly reduce the time
The edge is smooth and even, if it is correct jigsaw
The auxiliary structures include anything that allows you to make arrangement of terraces in the country more comfortable. This could be a roof, railings or fences, pergolas for flowers and even a swing. That additional elements make the country beautiful terrace, different from similar buildings neighbors.
The most popular of the additional elementsIt is the roof. It provides protection against environmental factors and people, and flooring. If the terrace is attached to the cottage, the more frequently mounted the same roof covering, as in the main building.
Covered with the same material as that of the main building, terrace becomes a harmonious continuation of the house
No less popular roof made of polycarbonate. They do not require a solid foundation. Suffice it to cement in the corners of the structure supporting pillars of the timber or asbestos.
More complicated is the "green" roof. It erected to create an additional effect of landscape, planting plants, and thinking through their composition. But consider that for normal growth plants need to fill the high level of the ground, make a layer of drainage, waterproofing, and this requires strong support. Otherwise, in a moment heavy roof to collapse on the heads of their same owners. The terraces of the four pillars are indispensable. You have to put the support on the perimeter of the structure and enhance the crate.
If the structure is used mainly in the summer, theIt can be made removable roof. It is a fabric canopy (Marquis), which is sold as a finished product. Marquis extends and retracts under the roof of the house manually or automatically. And if the terrace is separate, then fixed with metal studs. Fabric awnings - acrylic reinforced Teflon coating. She is not afraid of no rain, no scorching rays.
Fabric awnings (marquees) can be pulled out and shoot either manually or automatically
Some owners use in the design of the terracefolding umbrellas, not bothering to roof installation. In principle, to provide shade in the summer day such options are more than enough, especially if the rest there only occasionally.
If the terrace is located between the buildings, it is possible to do a folding umbrella, because the shade and so lacking
To give the design some spice garden,the easiest way to decorate the area with flower arrangements. It can be ampelnye, potted plants, planted around the perimeter of evergreen shrubs. If the land with the most windy side of a number of tui, then, in addition to decorative effect, they provide protection from the wind.
To make the area a closed net curtains hung, dismissing them or by collecting into bundles, depending on the mood.
Making tyulyami often used in Mediterranean-style terraces
From furniture often use wicker or rattan, because their structure is not afraid of the weather, and the appearance of the light and does not clutter the space.
Each owner comes up with its own interesting ways to arrange a terrace in the country. Therefore, in the world there are no two identical buildings.