Well in suburban areas remains the main source of water supply because the city rarely pass the Central water supply network. But even if there is water, many owners prefer to drink water, considering it more clean and healthy. However, over time, well mine can become the receptacle of all sorts of bacteria and microorganisms, from the past, water clarity will remain only memories. To avoid this, should be carried out periodically disinfect the well and cleaning.
The water is unfit to drink gradually, and is affected by many factors. Let’s look at what.
Leakage of manhole rings
If the ground rings are shifted relative to each other or the water washed seams, expansion joints in the shaft begin to penetrate the dissolved soil. Abundant debris will go during the spring floods, heavy rains and snowmelt. The water in the well becomes turbid, and drink it will be unpleasant and dangerous.
Depressurize through the joints between well rings along with perched in the mine will penetrate the dirt, chemicals and waste water
Pollution of the aquifer
It happens that the aquifer can get any industrial effluent from nearby businesses or water from natural reservoirs. From this the water in the well becomes different shades of color. It can parizet to palareti, green and even black depending on the type of contamination. In this case, the cleaning water from the well give a little, because the aquifer will bring the same problems. The only way out is the filtration system the water in the house.
An increased amount of iron in aquifer gilet
Water with a yellowish tinge will indicate high iron content in your well. To remove it via the disinfection of water in the well impossible. This problem requires the installation of special cleaning filters.
Stagnant water and blockage from the outside
If the cottage is used periodically, in the well there is a problem of water stagnation. When water is not used for a long time, it accumulated organic matter that falls into the mine with the wind through the seams of the rings and so Characteristic a symptom of the decomposition of organic matter will become black shade, water and an unpleasant taste caused by the reaction of hydrogen sulfide release. In this case, cleaning and disinfection can help, if carried out periodically and not just once.
Any debris blown by the wind into the pit, will begin in the water to decompose and trigger the development of putrefactive bacteria and the occurrence of hydrogen sulfide odor
The lack of a canopy over mine
If the well is completed with no house or even shed over the mine, water quality will decrease under the influence of sunlight. They open in the water contributes to the rapid growth and reproduction of microbes. About the violent activities of bacteria prompt the greenish tint of the water. To cope with an unpleasant problem, it is enough to make the mine closed.
Covered with green moss walls of the pit of the mine say that it’s time to hide the water from direct sunlight through the canopy
Muddy water: rules cleaning well
First, find out why in a pit of muddy water. If it becomes opaque due to particles of clay or sand, then be sure to put the mechanical filter. If turbidity is to blame bleak, which seeps through the joints of the rings and brings with it dirt, it is necessary to block her entrance. It is easy to check: the well water will be cloudy after the rain.
After ascertaining the reasons for the appearance of turbidity in the well, conduct a full pumping of water to clean the bottom and install the bottom filter
To restore the quality of water is carried out the following complex of works:
- With a pump pumped all the fluid out of the mine.
- Descend the rope and smooth out all the internal walls of the rings from the layers of mud, silt, etc., using a stiff brush or scraper.
- Disinfect the entire concrete surface (as for example at a later date).
- From the bottom of the buckets dredged mud and all the debris trapped in the column.
- The joints of the rings and all the cracks carefully coat with sealant.
- Create a barrier to precipitation from the outside with a clay castle.
I would like to tell you a bit about clay castle. Sometimes, in the digging of the well forget to create a barrier to the ingress of rain into the joints of manhole rings through the soil. This device is called clay castle. If this moment was lost – do it now: dig out the top ring of the well so as to obtain a trench about 2 feet deep and 50 cm wide. Score it all with clay as tightly as possible, making on the surface of the slope from the well. Such a block would not miss the moisture inside and lead her from the outer walls.
Clay castle specially created under the slope between manhole rings to diverted rainfall away from the walls of the mine
Hydrogen sulfide and bacteria: sanitize well
Hydrogen sulfide is a waste product of the bacteria, therefore, to deal with both problems better than complex. First, you must disinfect the water in the well, choosing a way to do it. It is possible to carry out the treatment with chlorine and ultraviolet light. Ultraviolet light costly, but requires less preparatory work and does not change the taste of water. There are special settings that must be mounted in areas as close as possible to the place of consumption of water. But UV disinfection is better to use as a preventative measure, because it in no way improves the condition of the well. If mine is already infected with bacteria, it is best to clean with chlorine, and after all the work to put the UV installation.
Active chlorine is currently the most effective «lifeguard» water. However, it is unsafe for human health, so the disinfection process is carried out strictly according to SanPiN. First, people have to work in gloves and respirators. Second, it must be observed the dosage of the substance.
Consider how to properly clean the well and water the active chlorine.
- Calculate the exact amount of water in the column and fall asleep there active chlorine (per liter of water – 10 gr. substances).
- Agitate the water, submerging several times the bucket, raising it and pouring the water back.
- Cover mine and give 2 hours «brew».
Bleach disinfects water is not worse than pure chlorine, but she had to stand and remove the lime precipitate out of solution
- Two hours later begin full pumping water.
- The bottom and sides completely cleaned from sludge layers, mucus, debris, etc. (all of this should be buried away from the well).
- Conduct repair of joints and cracks.
- Disinfect the internal surface of the mine. To do this, diluted in a liter of water 3 grams of pure chlorine or 15 grams of chloride of lime and coat the walls with brush, roller or spray with hidraulica.
- Close well and expected to fully fill the column with water.
Silt deposits on the bottom of the well must be clean, otherwise the aquifer will be constantly diluted with decaying organic matter and have an unpleasant smell
- When the well is once again full – fill it again chlorine solution. Prepare the composition as follows: dilute a liter of water 200 grams of chloride of lime, giving in one hour to infuse. The upper part (to the sediment) is poured out and the bottom is poured into a well stirred bucket and leave for a day.
- A day later the procedure is repeated.
- Completely drain the water and rinse the ring with clean water, wiping them with a MOP, brush or other device.
- Wait for the filling of the column with clean water and pump out again. Repeat as many times until the smell of chlorine will evaporate and water will cease to feel its taste.
- Within 2 weeks, water for drinking is boiled.
If you cleaned the bottom of the well to fill the silicon gravel, it is filtered and the organics and the heavy metals falling from groundwater
To finally see the restoration of water quality, brought it for analysis in a special laboratory and only after the conclusion of the start to use for drinking.