How do you treat mosquito buzz in the evenings and their desire to drink your blood? If OK then you can commit to creating your own pond. But remember that warm water will lure different insects, so in the evening gatherings will have to move to another location on the site where the mosquitoes less. Consider how you can make a pond with their hands in the country in different ways.
The first thing the owners must decide for what purpose they are creating a body of water. Now all the existing options can be roughly put together in four groups:
- Small modemsite that are created as part of landscape composition and not assume rest near them.
- Decorative water reservoirs of small depth with streams, fountains or waterfalls included in the area of family.
- «Personal» the lake, which trigger fish.
- Ponds for water treatment (domestic pools).
If you intend to use a artificial pond at the cottage at the same time bathing and contemplation of the lush vegetation and floating fish, I hasten to warn: the construction of such a facility is expensive and, in the end, swimming you are in it will cease.
Water treatments and plant life requires a totally different water. Swimming pond it is necessary to cover with a roof, fell to less garbage to put the water filters constantly remove silt, mosquito larvae and foliage. Otherwise, the pool will become a hotbed of disease for your family. Plants also need a different climate, and the construction of the pond will be cheaper.
The quickest way to make a small decorative pond in the country – is to make it from some old containers, discarded by you or neighbors. It is best to find a product with a capacity of over hundred litres, because smaller containers during the heat, dry quickly and need to constantly add water. But if vacationers come just for the weekend, then planted the pond plants can not wait and die from «thirst».
The best option — the pond in the country out of the bath. Many residents today are replacing old steel or cast iron model acrylic for a more practical, if not replaced with showers. Just have to find someone who makes repairs, and take it «debris» to his dacha.
The pond of the bath will freeze solid in the winter, so the plants need in the winter to save to another location
When the tub «got» to the site, find the place where will be located your pond. It is desirable that it was in partial shade and not in the valley.
- Dig a pit, the height of which is 30 cm longer than the height of the bath. The land immediately pour it in a wheelbarrow or bucket and take it because you are not useful. If you create a pond already on the lawn – cover on the tape to a broken land is not ruined landscape.
- Drop the tub into the hole, previously having compacted and level the bottom. Check the level of the horizontal location of the edges.
- Fall asleep in the void between the bathroom and the soil is sand and sealing it with a stick.
- Dug around the perimeter of the bath, we remove the sod and procative in the knee-deep trench (up to top edge of bath).
- As the bath wall is too smooth and look unnatural, will give them roughness and change the color to beige. To do this, buy the glue that adhered ceramic tile, dilute it according to instructions, added beige dye and this viscous mass is applied with a gloved hand on the inner walls. The layer should be thin and uneven. Cover tub with foil and leave for a day to dry.
- On the edges of the tub and dug the trench laid around the perimeter of the metal mesh and pour a thick concrete mortar, adding the stones. This bezel will not flake off and will ensure that the edges of the pond strength. The same solution coat the drain holes in the bottom and the wall of the bath. Leave until fully cured.
«The settlement residents»
- To the roots of the plants kept at the bottom, asleep in a bath of dry clay with a layer of 6 cm.
- Cooking with clay viscous mixture, diluted with water, and the whole cement mortar located around the perimeter, coat. Can be directly fixed in clay the roots of perennials will decorate the edge of the pond, and the top to add a layer of the earth. It spread decorative stones and planted vegetation.
- Inside the bath in the spring, put the bulb of the water Lily in the summer it delighted flower. But in the winter it will have to be put in a bucket of water and hide in the basement.
The choice of material for bowls
The easiest way the device reservoir in the country to do with ready-made purchase of a bowl of PVC. They have different shapes and can be matched to your landscape. Important – when mounting clearly align the edges and make it look artificial bowls.
The form can be common — as in the photo, and you can purchase more complex — multi-stage. It will look prettier, but to mount it a little harder
Gardeners often create a so-called «film» the reservoirs in which water is held by lined across the bowl of the pond the film. The choice of films is great, but the most durable is made of butyl rubber with a thickness of 1 see Her brought to order different sizes, so you can find any bowl of the reservoir. Cheaper considered to be films of polyvinyl chloride. They are a little thinner butyl rubber, but have different colors, so you can make the bottom blue, green and even brown. If such a film to gently lay to avoid damage during installation, then at least 10 years, it will last. If you use ordinary film, it is necessary to lay several layers and cover a 15-centimeter layer of sand to protect it from UV and frost.
Making preliminary calculations
If you have decided on the width and length of the future reservoir, calculate its depth. This lower number should be divided by 6. For example, depth of bowl 3 X 5 meters is equal to 3:6=0.5 m. the Length/width calculated by the following formula: length/width of pond + depth: double + meter stock.
Such a calculation will allow us to avoid the shedding of the soil at too great a depth and make the bottom smaller.
Example: for a pond 3 X 5 (depth calculated above) should be:
- 5 + 0.5 X 2 + 1 = 7 meters length.
- 3 + 0.5 X 2 + 1 = 5 meters width.
Pour in the Cup into the ground
Now perform the installation of the bowl:
- Dig a bowl at a markup, making a bottom below the desired depth by 5 cm From the bottom remove all large stones, level the ground and fall asleep on top of a layer of sifted sand (5 cm). It is best to make the pit speed.
- All top edges align, checking the horizontal level of construction.
- Vystelim bottom non-woven fabric (batting, polyester batting or felt), and over – wrap. The canvas will protect the film from contact with sharp sand. Film vystelim carefully, so that the substrate is not moved out. The edges of the film must go beyond the bowl somewhere in the 40-50 cm They we do not fix.
- Fill the reservoir with water, pre-pressed with stones. This is done to be lined with foil tightly down to the bottom and walls of the pool, preferably without tension.
- The edges of the film on the surface covered with earth and strengthen decorative stones.
When you create a multistage reservoir, the film will need a little more than usual
The substrate material can be put pieces, not bonding
Left to pour the fertile soil and to plant her plants and shrubs. Fill the pond with plants that can coexist on the depth of your bowl and won’t freeze in the winter.
We must remember that the arrangement of the reservoir in the country it is better to postpone for a couple of years, if the home lives of the children. According to statistics, children under 3 years can choke in a puddle, the depth of which does not exceed seven inches. If the pond is already there, then do everything you can to protect him.