With improved living standards, the owners of garden sites change the direction of their use. Today, the country is less source of income. People come here to relax from the urban bustle and worries, to feel their unity with nature. Part is needed solely for aesthetic pleasure or as a place of realization of their creative potential. Artistic forging with his own hands – one of the variants of realization of their own skills and abilities.
Such elements of landscape architecture as wrought iron arbors, bridges, pergolas and arches became very popular not only as investments but also as a means of authorial expression.
Wrought iron shapes used in the design of the garden, in any case should not fall out from the General style which characterizes the main building and the entire plot. Otherwise, even a beautiful product can feel alien. Therefore, making an order or choosing the ornament for independent work, should carefully study the samples of artistic forging.
The appearance of wrought iron items shall conform to the General style of the garden
In General forged items fit perfectly into any landscape style. They are appropriate in accurate definition of the French parks that combine wonderfully with the emerald green of English lawns, cleverly fit into the usual Russian country estate comfort, and for fountains and marble Italian gardens are just an integral part of.
It is important the number of items in the forge and the ornaments. A wealth of fine detail, splendor and volume of the product is not suitable for every garden. Heavy Baroque style appropriate to the plot the big area, where are bound to be echoing the decorative details and the house is made in the same spirit. But for light and thin forged products of the special conditions is not necessary – perfectly fit into any landscape.
Most often for the decoration of the garden and home are used:
Option #1 — gates and fences
A very decorative look and attract everyone’s attention wrought iron gates. This element should sufficiently combine elegance and reliability. Not so easy to be a part of securing a suburban area and its decoration. The gate inserted in the fence or gate. If Europeans prefer to use a fully forged openwork fences and gates, in Russia is more common the combination of materials. But the fence often forged only in the middle or upper part.
Wrought iron gate framed by stone or brickwork looks like lace insert, while forging combined with wood or metal creates the impression of a gate in a medieval castle – a monumental and strong
Option #2 — outdoor furniture
Durable and strong – these words come to mind first at the sight of a fully forged garden furniture. Usually, wrought-iron benches and tables placed in the area. Fully-forged furniture – not so often used option. Classic is a combination of metal and wood, and garden style high-tech uses forging, decorated glass.
Wrought iron furniture can become a real decoration of the garden, if you do not forget about the sense of proportion
Option #3 — garden bridges
Gracefully curved and embellished with a delicate pointelle details in the bridges – that’s what you should think, if the area is a stream. In any season of the year forged a bridge will give the garden a aristocracy.
Especially poetic this bridge will look in the autumn amid falling leaves or snow in the winter
Option #4 — the stairs and supports
Inside the house the stairs will provide a delicate support when climbing to the second floor of the cottage, but upon entering the home look very organic wrought-iron staircase, forming a porch.
Stairs to the garden — one more decoration of the site
Option #5 — pergolas and arches
These small architectural forms of garden landscaping is extremely popular and widely used for zoning of the site, forming corridors, overgrown plants. Feature of forged products is that they are not just a support for climbing plants – they are aesthetically beautiful in and of themselves. Their goal is to create a volumetric space. Forged perlage, decorated with grapes or roses, creates a shaded transition, filled with the honey scent of green, warmed by the sun.
Arches can fold entrance from the patio to the garden. These garden elements – long lasting decoration, which does not require special care.
Option #6 — summer barbecues
Field trips many goes well with barbecue. In this case, often use the grill. Conventional grill does not fit well with country landscape, but about the forged product will not say so. It was during the incarnation garden barbecue appears all the art of the forging process.
The combination of beauty and functionality – the basic idea used in creating forged country grill
Option #7 — garden lights
Tasteful wrought lanterns on the walls of the house and paths of the area gives it a special charm and create a romantic mood.
An element such as a wrought-iron lantern looks good both separately and in conjunction with other wrought iron products
Option #8 — gazebos and canopies
Wrought iron arbors are often placed away from the main building or in the pond. Serve it and to separate the rest area from the main plot. Gazebo or pavilion gives you the opportunity to fully realize the imagination of the designer. Here it is possible to use the ornament wrought in all its diversity. Elegant, airy structure should create a feeling of soaring and festivity.
Light, delicate, airy — that is what should be forged gazebo
Forged canopies and awnings not only protect from rain, snow and icicles, but also successfully perform a decorative function.
Combined with wall lamps and framed porch awnings can create a single composition, forming a unique look at home
Option #9 — accessories
Not always the owners of a garden site it is possible to buy expensive forged products in the right amount. In this case, you can try to do them with your hands or confined to a wrought-iron accessories. Small but nice forged door knockers, lamps, holders for umbrellas, garden figurines, or flower stands will adorn any area.
Wrought iron accessories can transform not only garden, but the house itself
Many believe that to create his own high-quality forged products cannot, while others say: nothing particularly difficult in blacksmithing not, since they successfully practiced by our ancestors in ancient times. And those and others are wrong. In order to forge even a small element, we need not only tools and skills, but also knowledge of the properties of metals. Hot forging – heavy work in conditions which are far away from the office. What to do?
If you do not want to build the forge and master technology of blacksmithing, you can restrict the analog of the artistic forging. Create a welded construction made of metal profile in which you can decorate ready-made items of artistic forging. For this we will need: a power supply; a level surface for Assembly of the product; an angle grinder with a metal brush, Stripping and cut-off wheels; prestigiadas rope, a marker, a hammer, two studs; welder with mask, gloves and electrodes.
Even without a forge you can eventually learn to make real masterpieces
As material we use metal profiles and metal products. The last is better to take a smaller section, because then we will be able to bend without resorting to special heating conditions.
- Select the picture. Do not complicate the sketch, which will have to draw, because it’s Your first product and metal – not particularly a plastic material.
- Buy metal. It should be assumed that the length of a standard rod — six meters. We need to calculate their need for metal and take it with a small margin.
- Treatment. The delivered material is better to clean from rust. Then it will be harder to do. To do this, use put on the grinder brush, metal.
- Assembling the frame. On a flat surface (a bench, a workbench, a table) make frame products. Its dimensions are carried at the outer surfaces. Each of the 4 corners of the frame will be a welded seam. Below the frame is not twisted, we catch the first one of the sides. What will be the first – still. Several drops of weld dripping is not the top and bottom corners, then align the screen, tapping nepremennym the corners. Then weld the two remaining corner.
- Measurement. Is applied to the surface (Desk, particle Board, asphalt) the next picture in 1:1 scale. To measure its elements take the rope. Apply a rope to the elements of the picture as a stencil. So we find out the length of the segments cut into bars.
- Deformation. To deform the workpiece, you need to create the fixture: on a flat surface welded to 2-3 cm from each other two studs. Using the hammer, gradually vygeboom rods, constantly comparing the result with the stencil.
- Assembly and welding. Decompose the elements of the stencil, assembling pattern and cutting the excess. Carefully weld the product with one, and then with the other hand.
- Cleaning. We clean all unnecessary.
- The finished part. Buy the finished forging elements that will serve as decoration of the basics. Weld them to their designated area, clean the place of welding.
- Priming and painting. The soil is white to see paint defects. Paint properties should be combined with soil.
- Chic and Shine. The attractiveness of the product will give a special aging or gilding.
The resulting product appearance is a little different from the forged, and with certain skills, which are developed with experience, you can learn to create true masterpieces.
Forged products is also in need of the care
Forged products also needs care. Being in the garden, they are exposed to changeable weather. They should be painted at least once every two or three years. Rubbing parts of wrought iron gates, or swing gates need to be lubricated. Then they will last a very long time, consistently delighting their owners.