Many in the childhood dream to have a dog. But in a city apartment for her little space, but a country house gives the opportunity to realize, finally, a childhood dream. There will be spacious enough for even large dog size. A dog that will live here will be not only a watchman and reliable protection of the area. It will be a true friend. The main advantage of a dog is that it loves its owner as he is not demanding rewards for their affection. But friendship involves mutual care and attention. A good boss will not leave his loyal dog without a comfortable home. Kennel for the dog with your hands — the surest way to show you care about your friend.
Same as for guard post, a place for the booth has carefully chosen:
- The kennel should not be blown by the wind, therefore, the most frequent wind direction must be taken into consideration.
- The place for such a dwelling should be bright, but within reach of the dog should be the shaded area where an animal could hide in the heat.
- The booth is better positioned in a dry place on high ground that it could not accumulate water.
- A kennel placed near the entrance to the apartment building on the South side.
- From his observation post, the dog needs to see the main part of the plot and the entrance gate (gate).
The last principle of the choice of location requires special explanation. Dog owners whose Pets live with them in urban apartments, you know that the dog always tries to find a position where it has maximum visibility. Even though it is sometimes prevents the owner believing that the dog is just confused at his feet. Centuries-old instinct of a guard forces her to choose a better location for defense of the host.
The booth is better positioned in dry place and on a hill
From his observation post, the dog needs to see the main part of the plot
Winter warm kennel for a dog is not always needed, even if it will be on the site in the winter. Better make a versatile kennel that can be operated in warm and cold season. This box should consist of two parts – a vestibule for the entrance and sleeping places where the dog is not afraid of no cold.
Deciding how to make the box for the dog, do not complicate yourself and your loyal pooch life. To proceed follows from his understanding of comfort, and not your boundless physical capabilities. Stone palaces, artificial lighting and vinyl siding dogs are not needed.
Especially loving owners build for their Pets entire castle
The animal will experience discomfort in these homes
The wood surface should be no protruding knots, no sticking chips
Ordinary softwood is the best material for dog house. That is breathable wood will provide the necessary for the dog air circulation and, hence, the desired microclimate. The tree, which is the basis of the booth, you need to prepare: to clean, so that the animal was not hurt and did not splinter in their paws for their.
Note that the lifetime of coniferous wood is 7-8 years. After this period, it is necessary to check the design for strength and time to replace failed elements.
For construction may be required:
- the bars in the following sizes (in mm): 100×100, 40×40, 100×50;
- decorative strips;
- the roofing material;
- mineral wool or foam;
- the tarpaulin;
- galvanized nails;
- antiseptic impregnation type «Senezh»;
The box inside does not need to be processed with antiseptics and other odorous substances. Remember that dogs have a more sensitive nose than humans. For us, a strange smell may not be noticeable, and the dog he will torment and annoy.
Great importance have the size of the dog. In too large a kennel in the winter will be cold, and in close – nor lie down nor turn around. So the kennel will be build based on the individual parameters of our dogs.
For each dog it is better to do individual box «casual» — it is necessary to calculate the optimal dimensions
Take measurements and immediately do the calculation:
- The height of the booth is determined based on the growth of the animal at the withers with the addition of the thickness of the intended litter and 10-15 cm Dog should move in a booth with his head bowed and to sit in it without touching the ceiling.
- The depth of the kennel should allow the animal to lie on his side, stretching his paws. To determine this parameter, you need a dog to put and measure the distance from the withers to the tips of the front legs, and add 10-15 cm.
- Dwelling width is the total width of the vestibule and the sleeping place of the dog. The bed can have a width, which is 10-15 cm longer than the distance from the dog’s nose to the base of her tail. The width of the vestibule is determined depending on the size of the dog. She wants to be comfortable and to enter the booth, and get out of it. Sometimes the platform makes more of the bed because the dog in the summer can lie on your side, and in the winter she would rest on a bunk, curled up.
- The height of the hole entrance (manhole) is less than the growth at the withers 5-9 cm.
- The width of the hole should be 5-8 cm wide the dog’s chest.
The schema of dog is needed after the host has determined the final parameters of future construction. With this drawing, it will be easier to calculate the need for materials, not to buy anything extra
So, how to put together a booth for the dog? It is not so difficult if all the necessary tools and material at hand. Here is a sample list of works:
- The bottom of the frame. The frame for the bottom collected from bars 40×40, then nailed the floor boards, trying not to leave gaps, to make it warmer. If the dog is heavy, you can further strengthen gender bars 40×40, so it does not SAG. At the corners of the finished bottom vertically fixed bars 100×100. They will form the basis for the walls. Now the structure resembles an inverted table. Between the main bars perpendicular to the bottom of the installed bars 40×40. They will support the roof, will strengthen the wall and mark the entrance.
- Wall. For covering the outer part of the booth is better to use a lining, which, unlike the plywood will not delaminate over time. Fasten the sheathing with galvanized nails with small heads.
- The ceiling. If the booth will be located in an enclosure or shed, then you can do the ceiling, which is also the roof. If no additional protection from the weather, the kennel is not, you need to do the ceiling and the roof separately, leaving between them a space «attic». For the ceiling will need plywood in size and bars of 40 × 40. Than to insulate the kennel for the dog? Insulate it with mineral wool or foam, lay the vellum. Top reinforce the second sheet of plywood. This ceiling is better to make removable, to be able of cleaning the booth and provide veterinary care to an animal. If additional roof will not close ceiling roofing and shingles.
- Waterproofing and insulation. Overturn design the bottom up. Treated it with antiseptic impregnation, closed with tar paper and nailed on top of it additional bars 100×50, who also engineered «The Senezh». Again switch design, vystelim the bottom of the glassine, then put the insulation and the asphalt again. Put the finishing floor. Similarly, insulate the walls and sheathed them from the inside lining. Make a frame for manhole and the threshold.
- Roof. Initially, doing the gable roof. Need for perimeter bars 40×40, inside attach the vellum, and the top design sheathe clapboard.
- LAZ. Inlet it is recommended to close the curtain of tarpaulin. Not open from the wind, you can sew it down from the inside small pockets are made of polyethylene, into which to pour the sand.
Outside the box can be covered with Pinotex. It will extend its lifespan and will lend a pleasant aesthetic appearance.
Antiseptic and waterproofing impregnation to use a must, otherwise your booth will have to rebuild in a year
You can use glassine paper as insulation, and any other material which you prefer
Sheathing siding is covered with roofing felt and shingles is the easiest and cheapest option
Now that we know how to build a doghouse for the dog, you just figure out how to care for this housing.
The ceiling can be removable, to be able of cleaning the booth and provide veterinary care to an animal
A cleaning of the kennel should be done regularly: at least once per month. Disinfection of kennels should be carried out in summer, monthly in spring and in winter – time this season. It is necessary to remove the scraps, bones and other similar items, to undertake the processing booth of parasites Lysol, formalin, or a three-percentage craolina. To dry the solutions the dog should not go in the booth.