Starting building a home, many owners immediately get a dog, especially if the building is far from temporary housing. But, thus solving the problem of protection of the site, it should take care of a comfortable home for the faithful «campaigners». Of course, you can make a box and put the dog on a chain next to it, but this option is only suitable as temporary housing. The animal was not sick and felt well, you need to build an enclosure for the dog with your hands or buy ready-made design, you can also collect yourself.
Before you build an aviary for dogs, it is necessary to examine the existing regulations applicable to similar structures. If you build the cage without taking them into account, the housing can be a hotbed of disease for the dog and dangerous for everyone coming to you on the territory of the person (for example, when a dog can easily knock out breast the door and jumps out).
Let us examine each element in the design of the enclosure and the requirements for it read more.
The design of the enclosures a key parameter is based on the length. It is selected taking into account what will be the growth from your dog, when she grows up. If the dog is yet a puppy, his adult size you can define width of the legs, chest, etc. of it is full on the websites of the breeders.
The easy option is attached to the farm building enclosures because the back wall is a reliable protection from the wind
For small dogs, height at withers less than two feet, creating a six-meter enclosures. For animals with a growth from 50 to 65 cm – the eight-meter. Large Pets will need a ten-meter design. Such rules are designed for dogs that will be in a cage all day. If the owner intends the night to release the animal, and sometimes in the day to arrange a walk, the building open-air cages for dogs can be a bit shorter (1-2 meters). If the plan is to keep two dogs or bitches puppies expected, the aviary doing half as long.
The floor of the aviary, make the concrete or asphalt. Most owners choose the first option because it is easier to pour yourself. But remember: concrete is strongly nastupaet in the cold season, and the dog can «earn» rheumatism of the legs. Therefore, a concrete floor plank on top of the boardwalk (rather square 2*2 m).
With the gravel concrete base of the dog will be much warmer than on the cold ground
Instead of a solid Foundation can be poured only point, leaving the range for a normal pot
When casting, you must make the slope to the front to prevent moisture and precipitation remained in the aviary puddles and trickled down. In addition, and clean design is easier because the water from the hose will easily wash out the dirt to the edge. Will just have to collect it on the scoop.
Since the construction of enclosures for dogs, remember that one wall, preferably the facade should be similar to the grate, so that the animal could watch entrusted to him by the plot. It is best to weld from the pipe (excluding galvanized, because they are harmful), after appropriate treatment: get rid of the rust, primed, painted.
When you’re welding the frame, see that elements are not just jumping, and is securely welded, otherwise with a strong impetus to large dog can easily knock out a fragment of the wall. In field welding, check for any remaining burrs. Never replace the tube grid, because the animal will do its utmost to try to chew. Metal mesh will destroy the dog’s teeth, and plastic or wicker in the end not withstand the onslaught and burst.
Walls can be made of profiled sheet, but the grid would have cost to replace the pipe
The other three walls made from any material at hand: planks, slate, metal sheets, etc., although the health of the animal it is best to build from wood. Buying boards (thickness 20 mm), check the quality of the processing: there are no cracks, knots. The Board should be smooth. Tree house pre-RUB antiseptic composition.
Truss system must be reliable and well sanded. Roof covering can be laid any that is available, although a dog’s ears is preferable to soft materials, for example, shingles. It hides too strong sounds during rain or hail, annoying dog. Important point: the roof is mounted without nails!
The lack of a roof will cause the dog to sit all day in the booth, if there is cloudy weather
Make the door in the wall-a lattice which overlooks the front. The most important rule: doors should open into the enclosure and have 2 constipation (outside and inside). Be sure to add in the design of the lugs that will come in handy if the main lock fails. Then a couple of days you can use a padlock.
External beauty is forgotten an important detail: the door should open inward, for if you forget to lock up the dog to easily jump out of the cage
In the device enclosures for dogs must include a box. She is the dog protected in frosty or windy weather. If you build the booth with your hands, you should consider some nuances:
- The area of the booth must conform to size of the dog. Inside should be enough space only to turn and rest in extended position. Too spacious design in areas with severe winters don’t hold heat, so the animal will constantly freeze. The mild climate of the internal volume space is not critical.
- For wall boxes are ideal conifers, which have disinfectant properties and keeps an optimum microclimate. Wood must be properly dried.
- In places with a harsh climate wall is better to make a double, paving between them a layer of insulation. And if your location is frequently strong winds blow, then hammer the wall from the wind by some windproof water resistant material.
- Before the installation of the roof, you need to build a so-called ceiling – based boards that will keep the heat inside the box.
- Make the roof removable. This will facilitate the cleaning inside the booth, and if the dog is sick, you can get it through the roof to assist the.
- Do not mount the gable roof, and flat slope. Dogs love to sit in private booths, as at the observation point.
Box in the cage should be removable with a flat roof
The article in the subject: Box for the dog with your hands: building a insulated design
Those who have carefully read the above instructions and decided to create their own enclosure, you will need a welder and the ability to work with wood. A few recommendations listed below that will help you not to miss anything. About the design and colour of the buildings we will not speak, because it is not essential.
Consider some of the aspects of an installation the example of the construction of 2*4 metres, designed for a small dog, which periodically will be releasing walking:
- Before you start, sketch a plan of the building, where apply all structural elements of the cage and their parameters. From 4 meters length one and a half should take the winter road (or box), a half – platform. Meter move to an open area.
- To arrange the enclosure it is best in the South-East. Do not expand to the North, otherwise the box will be constantly clogged with snow, and to the South, because the dog will suffer in the summer from the heat.
- The whole Foundation poured concrete, and the part where the platform and the winter road over the top Staley boardwalk. If you are building an aviary for a dog with a booth instead of a winter road, then the Board plank is only part of the platform. The flooring should not fit tightly to the concrete base. Place between them at least 5 cm, to properly circulate the air, and the tree does not rot. It is best to fill the bottom of the leg.
- Booth also needs to be ventilated. To do this, put it on bricks.
- The exterior wall of pipe welded in increments of 10 cm to large animals, and 5 cm for small.
The layout of all parts of the enclosure depends on the size of dogs
Tamp on the boardwalk planks that between it and the concrete base were able to walk the air
If you make dog housing on our recommendations, your pet will get real «comfortable apartment» and thank you good service.