- The requirements to the ceiling in the kitchen
- Materials for processing
- The design of suspended structures made of plasterboard
- The advantages of suspended structures made of plasterboard
- Varieties of designs of plasterboard
- Colors and materials for finishing
- Organization of lighting on the suspended designs of plasterboard
- Design of stretch ceilings
- As a conclusion
Kitchen – traditionally the most visited place in the apartment, so any good hostess tries to maintain the premises clean and tidy. However, it is also the room in which the furniture and finish materials exposed to constant temperature changes and humidity. Undertaking the repairs in the kitchen, this factor must be taken into account.
In practice, when preparing for a renovation the owners are choosing new kitchen furniture Ethniki, curtains, lamps, floor coverings and material for decorating the walls.If I remember on the ceiling, then in the last turn. And the design of the ceiling in the kitchen, unlike the living room and bedrooms, are considered. Wrong position, because the ceiling is an important part of a kitchen.
It needs to meet the following requirements:
- To possess aesthetic properties (expressiveness, originality, integrity of composition, color, organically fit into the interior of the kitchen).
- To be practical and easy to care for.
- To be moisture resistant.
- To be wear-resistant and durable.
- To be environmentally friendly.
- Mask ventilation, wiring and other communications.
- ·To provide the possibility of organizing a combined ceiling light.
The requirements to the ceiling in the kitchen limit the choice of finishing materials. For decoration can be used:
- Latex paint.
- Decorative plaster.
- PVC panels.
- Wooden boards, wooden or plastic.
- Aluminum panels for suspended ceiling.
- Mirror tiles mirror ceiling.
- PVC film for stretch ceiling.
- Moisture-resistant drywall.
Using latex paint, decorative plaster, PVC panels repair and make smooth ceiling. It will be neat, clean, practical, however, to talk about design using these materials is problematic.
More opportunities provides the use of aluminum suspended ceilings or mirrored tiles. Aluminum reechnye ceilings can also have the mirror surface. Lighting should be combined: spot lighting, led illumination, a chandelier or a large Central lamp. However, slatted and mirrored ceilings are not suitable for all styles of kitchen design, and on opposite will agree, not every woman.
Drywall is best suited as a material for the device of ceilings in the kitchen. It is important to opt for water-resistant drywall (PLASTERBOARD, green leaves with blue marking). Moisture this drywall gets by impregnating sheets kartenspiele compositions. Gypsum PLASTERBOARD is resistant to temperature changes and changes in the moisture regime in the kitchen. Included in the impregnation of antibacterial means prevent the appearance of mold and emergence of the fungus.
With the help of suspended structures made of plasterboard can create ceilings of almost any configuration, including multi-curved areas. However, one should take into account that such structures are suitable for large rooms with a minimum height of 2.5 meters. If the height of the kitchen less, it is better to make a choice in favor of a smooth ceiling or choose a two-tier structure with a narrow second level around the perimeter to accommodate the led backlight.
The drywall in their properties and operating characteristics completely corresponds to the requirements of the ceiling in the kitchen:
- Allows you to create a design of any complexity and for any interior. The material has long been used successfully, well-known, manufacturers have developed the routing for the device of curved surfaces, produce the necessary components, prepared courses of visual images and print brochure-instructions. It is also important that manufacturers of drywall publish regulatory material consumption for each design.
- After finishing has excellent aesthetic properties.
- Is an environmentally friendly material.
- Has the necessary water resistance (PLASTERBOARD). Direct moisture when bathed in the kitchen ceiling, he can not resist, but increased the humidity in the room damage will not cause.
- Has the necessary wear resistance, has long life.
- Practical, reliable and easy to care for. Prior to installation, do not need to repair the floor slab. On drywall you can apply any finishing.
- Allows you to hide all existing utilities or secretly to conduct new.
- Allows you to install the combined system of ceiling lighting, including Central, spotlights around the perimeter and led lighting.
Alas, like any finishing material, «almost perfect» the systems have certain disadvantages: suspended structure is at a height of not less than 40 mm, which makes its use very problematic in kitchens with low ceilings, and its installation will take a lot of time. Dust and dirt will also be a lot.
Design of plasterboard are flat (one level), two-level and multilevel.
«Refresh» design-level ceiling will allow the stucco elements made of polyurethane, mirror inserts, original fixtures. Another method to decorate smooth polyurethane ceiling beams, imitating wood. Well suited for style «country».
Split level designs make it possible to use a combination of lighting systems and use different combinations of materials for finishing. Designers often combine such drywall construction with stretch ceilings.
Inexhaustible possibilities for the design of the ceiling give a layered structure of the drywall. In addition to the original and beautiful appearance, they allow you to zone the kitchen by using different lighting systems and to hide any communication.
The correct answer to the question, what should be the color of the ceiling in the kitchen – any. Any that you like, and which «fit» in the color scheme of the room. Let us not be like Geshe Kozodoeva out of the picture «The diamond arm» and to talk about the white color: «Senya, it’s not true!». However, he talked about the birds. Repeat for the ceiling in the actual kitchen any color, even black glossy, as you can see in these photos.
For finishing drywall using paint, decorative plaster, panels of mirrors, the mouldings, polyurethane beams and PVC film for the device of suspended ceilings.
The advantage of suspended structures made of plasterboard is the ability to accommodate various lighting systems and combine them: the Central lighting device (optional), the spotlights, led lighting, pendant lighting.
Such combinations of different lighting devices allow not only to organize a beautiful and contemporary kitchen lighting, but additionally illuminate the working area, to create a luminous accent for the interior or different in their functional areas, primarily on dining.
Very popular and interesting option for decorating the kitchen ceiling, which features:
- Excellent aesthetic properties.
- A perfectly smooth surface.
- The moisture resistance. Tension ceiling from PVC film after serious flooding on top of the easily regains its shape and appearance.
- Resistance to temperature drops and influence of steam.
- Antistatic properties – the dust does not accumulate.
- Ease of care – they sometimes need to wipe with a damp cloth.
- A huge variety of colors, texture of material and drawings.
They are made from PVC (polyvinyl chloride) or polyester canvas. Canvas, to give it greater elasticity and moisture resistance, in the manufacturing process is impregnated with polyurethane. PVC film has excellent moisture resistance, capable of dealing with serious leaks and more affordable. When installing in rooms with a large area is required to do the welds (they are almost not visible), because the film has a width of 2 meters.
Varieties of surface:
On the surface method of printing a drawing or painting is painted in one color. Method photo printing today allows us to provide the highest quality of printing on canvas.
Stretch ceiling can be selected for any color solution of the kitchen design – so great selection of patterns and colors.
The choice of materials and designs for decoration of the ceiling in the kitchen allows you to choose the optimal for your premises option in any style. However, be sure to follow the rule which says that the style of the kitchen and the ceiling should be the same. Because the ceiling is the most important part of the interior. Following this rule will allow you to achieve the harmony of all elements of the interior, visually expanding the kitchen space, fill it with light, coziness and comfort.