The ultimate goal of any kitchen renovation is to create a harmonious interior, providing a comfortable stay in the room. To achieve objectives will enable the competent design considering all peculiarities of situation. The chandelier in the kitchen is designed to perform several functions, is not only a means of illumination but also an important element of the interior. So get acquainted with the intricacies of choosing a fixture in the kitchen will help to navigate when buying.
The few lucky ones, with a spacious kitchen, contrasted with the impressive army of owners of small spaces that seek to increase the space at least visually. To help in solving problems capable of properly chosen in the interior of the chandelier in conjunction with other lighting sources. What to look for when choosing a chandelier, given the layout:
- Visually increase the height of the kitchen with a simultaneous decrease in the area will help the bright lights of the ceiling against the dark side surfaces.
- The opposite decision – the dark ceiling with light walls visually reduce the height, but expand the space.
- The maximum will increase the size of the kitchen the combination of bright surfaces and plenty of lighting including a chandelier.
What rules guided the designers when forming the interior? Let us consider in detail the various options:
- For small kitchens with low ceilings is preferable to opt for a compact configuration of the chandelier. Look good lamps with petite shades or chandelier-plates, which «pressed» to the ceiling. Similar designs are referred to ceiling models.
- If the room is small and the chandelier functions as a key fixture, optimally positioning it in the center. Spacious rooms, generally have a separate dining area, in this case, the Central location of the main lamp looks unreasonable. More rationally hang the chandelier in the eating area, providing local illumination of working surfaces and other darkened places of the interior.
- Positioning the lamp in the center of the dining table, take care of comfort. The light should provide sufficient illumination to the dining area and not to be too bright and irritate the eyes.
?The Council! To achieve the conditions of organic interior lighting is possible when the distance from chandeliers to table surface in the range of 1.2-1.4 m.
- Large dining table in the living room or Studio space are encouraged to draw two small chandeliers. Along with the uniform lighting you achieve the originality of the interior.
- Interesting solution for the kitchen is fashionable chandelier elongated shape. This design has several lamps arranged in a row, and illuminates a wide area.
- Give personality to the spacious dining room, two lamps, located over the bar and dining area.
Convenience and comfort ensure a chandelier, with Autonomous inclusion of 2 groups of lamps. Part of the horns are directed downwards and forms a local illumination, the second group by aiming up or to the sides creates a shared background.
Visiting the point, which is selecting a wide range of lighting, briefly confused by the abundance of lamps of various designs. Conditionally all products involving attachment on the ceiling, can be divided into 4 models of chandeliers:
Classic chandeliers will include to the extended family of products, covering the interiors of the Palace apartments. They have become more compact, for their production using modern materials. Some models have a lamp in the shape of a candle. Romantic and festive atmosphere in the kitchen interior with classic chandelier is guaranteed. But do not forget about practicality. This is not a suitable option for rooms with a high level of contamination. And kitchen area for such a model will require extensive including high ceilings.
Pendant chandeliers – the most popular model of lighting fixtures for the kitchen interior. Has two types of fastenings using hook or by screwing the base to the ceiling. Nice feature is the ability to adjust the length of the cord or chain depending on the height of the kitchen ceiling and task lighting interior. They do not require time-consuming when cleaning. The highlight of the interior of the kitchen can be a Tiffany chandelier. About true studios Tiffany can not speak, but the method of manufacture based on the combination of stained glass with a very thin copper strips, borrowed from there.
The owners of a modest area of the kitchen with low ceilings for interior design recommended chandeliers, providing accommodation in close proximity to the ceiling, for which they received the name ceiling. Thanks to the small dimensions and light shades in the design they contribute to expanding the limited area of the kitchen visually.
A type of ceiling lights are chandeliers, spot. In these models, a metal base placed lamps with adjustable light fluxes in different directions. This design is able every time to imagine the details of kitchen interior.
The primary task in choosing a chandelier for the kitchen – the right to calculate the required capacity in accordance with the area of the room. Possessing this information, you can decide how many lights should be in design and power. Modern chandeliers for kitchen equipped with 4 types of lamps:
- known since ancient times incandescent bulbs;
- improved instances in the form of energy-saving fluorescent lamps;
- halogen bulb small size;
The most beneficial in the kitchen interior look of a chandelier with lamps that emit a warm light. The food when it looks appetizing, and in the interior brighter sound cozy touch. In addition to traditional incandescent bulbs, emit a warm light can and other kinds of lamps (except halogen), while saving power and having a significantly longer service life.
Mandatory condition for the smooth operation of the lamps with halogen and led lights – installation of transformers, performing the function of reducing stress. In order not to disturb the harmonious interior of the kitchen, mounted them, as a rule, suspended or stretch ceiling.
The interior with suspended ceiling, care should be taken to operate the filament lamp or «galogenki». Due to the risk of the appearance on the canvas, stains and even fire. To prevent problems able models of chandeliers, where the horns facing down and the wattage does not exceed 60 watts.
In the decision to switch to lamps – instance, is equipped with a function control light intensity. It allows you to set the required brightness depending on the availability of natural lighting in the kitchen and the right situation. Modern led chandeliers are often included remote control. It is the optimal variant for big kitchen – living room, engaged in a process of on-off or dimming, not getting up.
In addition to the size of the kitchen, an important role in the selection of chandeliers is played by the style in which decorated the interior. It is impossible to achieve a harmonious environment if a furniture set and chandelier there is a clear imbalance. So, what advice to give the designers for the integrated perception of the interior:
- For modern styles, modern and hi-tech acceptable chandelier creative design using innovative materials. Lamps with different functionality and brevity, made in the form of various geometric shapes or even elaborate modification is the most viable option for the interior of modern kitchen.
- Classic interior welcomes traditional chandeliers with crystal or glass pendants and chandeliers. Possible versions with shades of fabric. However, it is preferable to use them in the kitchen – living room to dining area, away from cooking areas. Otherwise, rapid contamination will spoil the interior of the kitchen.
- Kitchen in the style of Provence and country preferable to decorate wrought iron chandeliers, equipped with lamps in the form of candles. Special chic and unique interior give artificially aged surfaces imitating silver or bronze.
- Ethnic interiors, depending on the region, provide stylized chandelier, where wooden base complemented by a shade made of rice paper (for the Japanese direction), a design of colored glass or Moroccan lanterns. List all the options is almost impossible.
Purchasing your favorite model, don’t forget about the future care of the product and its safe use in your kitchen. A beautiful chandelier can become the highlight of the interior, completing the final distinctive touch on the formation of style in the kitchen.