Plastic panels currently are the universal material for finishing of different purpose premises. They are often used for interior decoration. Installed vertically or horizontally, at any angle. This finish can be found in many areas: ceilings, walls, window slopes. Products are essential for finishing of balconies and loggias.
Manufacturers offer different sizes of product. Standards are considered to be indicators of length of 2700 mm and a width of 250 mm, thickness – 10 mm. But in the market you can see other dimensions:
- Length – 2600, 3000 and 6000 mm.
- Width from 100 to 300 mm, next, 335, 375 and 500 mm.
- The thickness is from 5 to 10 mm, except for parameter 6 and 7 mm.
PVC panel for bathroom and other areas can be a matte or glossy finish. The gloss on the products is achieved by coating them with a special composition. This nail Polish. In addition, the following types of products:
- printed pattern is applied by using the coloring composition;
- film – on the front coated film is patterned;
- seamless products are tightly adjacent to each other;
- suture: between the products you can see the gap.
Feedback about PVC panels of consumers indicate a definite useful consumer properties of this material. Its advantages include:
- easy installation;
- light weight and low load on the supporting structure;
- moisture resistance;
- fire safety;
- the moldings for the material allows to give the structure a modern and finished appearance, that increases the speed of erection works;
- durable in use (service life high quality products is 40 years);
- easy to care for – just wipe the material with a damp cloth and detergent;
- the optimal level of insulation;
- excellent sound insulation;
- a wide choice of finishes for the consumers.
- A relatively small strength – to gouges and defects that restrict the scope of their use. It is worth noting one thing: currently there are a variety of panels used in the facade work. But that’s a different kind of construction materials, different from ordinary panels some features. This material is called siding.
- According to the rules of fire prevention in emergency exits and corridors, in areas leading to it, prohibited the use of this finish.
- Layers of PVC exposed to deformation processes at a temperature difference of more than 20 degrees.
Selection of quality material: main recommendations
PVC wall panels for bathroom should be of high quality. To choose such a material, it is necessary to follow certain recommendations:
- Pay attention to the number of ribs in the product. The more you have, the more reliable is the selected material. Ribs must not be deformed or damaged. Damage can result from improper transportation of finished product to the place of its implementation.
- Pay attention to the facial surface of the product: its color should be uniform.
- PVC panels in the bathroom with a pattern must be purchased with one lot number. This eliminates the difference between them in the drawings and saturation in color.
Finish bathroom PVC panels in the process of purchase of products requires the execution of certain tests:
- For the bathroom are bought exclusively water-resistant material: this is due to the functional purpose of this space like a bathroom. The panels are joined together. You need to look at the interface: it should not be visible, and the connection should be reliable.
- On the front cover of the finished product you should not see ribs. To be sure this, you need to look at the finished product at a sharp angle. Then the user will see a smooth surface, without defects and irregularities. In this case it is possible without fears to buy material.
- The reverse side of the finished product must not contain foreign inclusions. This suggests that it is produced from raw materials.
- Pay attention to the dimensions of the product for compliance with their stated dimensions from the manufacturer.
- The price is also need to pay attention. The high price is not a guarantee of absolute quality material, but the cheapness is not worth it to hope.
the installation of panels on the wall
the installation of the panels on the crate
PVC panel for bathroom – modern material, characterized by its practicality and ease of installation. But there are several nuances that must be considered in the process of finishing:
- You cannot use the material at room temperature less than 10 degrees Celsius.
- If in the process of product storage, it was in an unheated room, that she needs to lie down at room temperature for at least 24 hours.
- If the finish bathroom PVC panels takes place near the towel warmer, then the appliance is installed a heat reflective screen. In the process of temperature changes the dimensions of the layers are changed to the tenth of a percent. Therefore, it is necessary to leave gaps of a compensation destination from the ceiling and the floor size of 3 to 5 mm.
- The preparation stage. Solved question about where will be attached the panel: on wall or crate. Both options have their advantages and disadvantages. If you glue the material on the wall, you will need glue. But the walls must be aligned. The crate consists of bars of wood or metal profile. In the process of using sheathing panels not adhere tightly to the wall. So there is no need to straighten it. If the decision on the use of wooden crates, it is necessary to pre-process bars with a special solution that protects wood from mold.
- In the event that installation of the materials takes place by means of the batten, the second stage is characterized by its construction.
Experts recommend to build the crate. This is due to the high humidity of this area as a bathroom. It is advisable not to take the tree, and the profile of metal or plastic. The distance between adjacent elements of the sheathing is not less than 40 centimeters. The slats of the crates must be perpendicular to the panels. If slats are mounted vertically, the crate parallel to the floor. If the required mounting horizontally, the sheathing is positioned along the wall and ceiling. Diagonal installation of the material – a rarity in this space. This is due to the fact that many bathrooms are not very square. And in premises of small dimensions diagonal installation of PVC panels looks inappropriate.
- The installation of products. The work is divided into several stages:
- the starter profile is fixed with staples or screws in the corner to start the installation of the panels;
- in the corner starting profile (bottom) mounting set shelf panels, it is narrow and oriented in the direction of works;
- after fixing the first panel in the groove of the starting area, it must be mounted on the sheathing using a method that will be selected (screws, nails, staples);
- following the installation occurs in a similar way: a narrow shelf is inserted into the groove of the previous product, after which it is secured in the crate.
Repair bathroom PVC panels is a process that requires effort, but it can be mastered by even not a professional. The considered material has a lot of useful consumer properties that determines its demand and wide application. Panels in the bathroom need to choose carefully, the main condition of purchase, you can consider purchasing water-resistant models, design and colors which are diverse. Each owner will be able to purchase these products in specialized shops. The cost of PVC panels for bathroom low compared to materials for interior decoration.