The modern market is filled with materials intended for interior and exterior walls. A worthy place among the presented range is a plaster for decorative design under the intriguing title the beetle. The basis for unusual names was a pattern simulating the tracks of a beetle on a tree. Before you start working, it is better to get acquainted with the characteristics of the decorative material and application rules. This will allow you to properly apply plaster woodworm during the finishing operations without the involvement of specialists.
Production of decorative plaster woodworm established in two ways. When producing material based on acrylic product fully ready for use. The “bark beetle” plaster gypsum basis of the powder of the dry components of the mixture is required to properly mix before applying to the surface.
Each manufacturer has its own technology of manufacturing of composite plaster contained in the composition of the granules is marble or mineral grit. The size of the patches varies from 0.1 to 3.5 mm, which is the main parameter for determining the graining decorative finishes woodworm.
What are the advantages of plaster woodworm for a wide range of consumers:
- Absence of harmful substances ensures environmental safety of the product.
- Mineral fillers and polymer components provide the composition ease, so part of the design where you want to apply decorative plaster, will not be subjected to excessive load.
- Decorative bark can be safely applied to the outer wall, she successfully withstand temperature fluctuations from -55onC to +60onC. the plaster does not burn and does not emit toxic substances under the influence of the sun’s rays.
- Finishing material resistant to mechanical stress, it will withstand the attacks of moderate severity. If at the final stage to properly handle «Woodworm», internal walls can be washed with a sponge.
- The durability of the plaster plays an important role. She is not afraid of mold and does not deform when interacting with atmospheric precipitation.
- Finishing material is available in white color. If you wish to vary the color range of decorative plaster tintable in the ground or is first applied to the surface and then painted.
- Affordable pricing is another argument in favor of the acquisition of plaster woodworm.
As mentioned above, use a “bark beetle” plaster for interior and exterior use. Apply a decorative finish on the surface with excellent ink adhesion, this includes:
- brick and concrete foundations;
Depending on the nature of the movements, the picture on the wall is different. In addition to the usual horizontal and vertical directions to create an interesting decorative finish can be wavy, circular or chaotic motions.
To expand options for the design of surfaces will help the following techniques:
- First wall decorate painted plaster woodworm. After it dries from the top traversed a semi-dry with short NAP roller and applied a contrasting color of paint, wherein all the cavities retain the original shade.
- In the same way for the top layer select the enamel with metallic effect.
- Original decorative plaster beetle looks at the picture, marked with a stencil. Internal pattern in this case is made out by the method of plugging.
The images below you can clearly see the variety of decorative finishes plaster woodworm:
Correctly chosen material will provide the desired result decorative finish. Each manufacturer produces products on your recipe with the original lineup. But in any case, when you purchase the determining factor becomes the type of the mix and grit.
When purchasing a compound based on acrylic, you will save yourself from additional procedure of mixing the components. The usability of the finished product containing in its composition synthetic fillers, is reflected in its high cost. If you wish to save money better to buy a plaster mix the plaster. In this case, the main thing is to breed «Woodworm» mineral based.
Another important aspect when choosing a decorative finish – grit composition, which determines the width and depth of grooves. Their value depends on the appearance of the generated pattern.
When using the products of smaller grain size, the flow of the decorative trim is shrinking.
One of elements of quality decorative finish is correctly prepared surface. This requires the following steps:
- Old finish removed, the surface is cleaned of dust and dirt, all oil and grease stains are removed.
- Significant irregularities are aligned with the application of classic plaster according to the established beacons.
- When cracks problem areas deepen grinder, then sealed with a filler based on gypsum.
- To prevent the appearance of the decorative finish of the mold will help a preliminary surface treatment with antiseptics.
- Apply the primer deep penetration, which will increase the adhesion of the plaster woodworm to the base. With continued use, painted finishing mass, the primer also needs to be tinting, in order to eliminate the gaps in the field of applying thin layers.
After finishing the preparatory works it is necessary to give time for 5-6 hours for drying the surface. With the option to apply a decorative “bark beetle” plaster on the exterior walls, you can see in the following video:
To properly prepare a dry mixture, you need to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations indicated on the packaging with decorative plaster woodworm. Will focus on the key points of the procedure:
- Dry mixture pour in a container of water, and not Vice versa.
- The fluid temperature needs to fluctuate in the range of 15-20onWith.
- For thorough mixing of the components of plaster woodworm used construction mixer or a drill equipped with a special attachment.
- The optimal consistency of the mixture for decoration – a thick sour cream. Reaching the desired result, the composition is allowed to stand for a few minutes then re-stirred.
In suspended plaster woodworm retains the properties for a certain period of time specified in the manufacturer’s instructions. At the end of the allotted period decoration becomes unsuitable for the application, and the addition of water will not affect the recovery. Therefore, to restore must be a volume of the solution «Bark», who has time to apply for a specified period of time.
The process of applying the plaster «Woodworm» while the internal finish is simple and involves the following steps:
- On a primed wall is a thin layer of conventional mortar plaster, which is quickly erased and compacted.
- Decorative trim «Woodworm» applied with a trowel, angled 60on to the wall, with subsequent distribution on the surface of the thin layer. Its thickness depends on the grain size of the selected composition.
- The direction of the movements depends on the desired final pattern, decorative layers can be applied in parallel to each other or have a chaotic character.
- Excess solution was removed with a spatula or trowel.
- After a slight drying of the decorative finishing (the mixture should not stick to the tool), using a float made of wood or plastic starting to form a picture. Motion can have different degrees of depression.
If when applying the decorative trim there is a need to interrupt the procedure, the working surface needs processing. For this stop position is closed with masking tape and avoid premature drying, apply a thin layer of plaster woodworm. When resuming the process, the plaster is cut, and the protective tape is removed.
Complete dry surfaces treated with decorative plaster woodworm, lasts 1 to 3 days. The optimum temperature is 5-30onC. When conducting an exterior decorative surface for this period to protect the film from exposure to atmospheric precipitation or sunlight.
The period of time that the white walls with decorative trim can be subjected to staining, depends on the material. Silicate paint can be applied to «Woodworm» 3 days later, for the acrylic is extended to 2 weeks. If the decorative plaster was applied inside to handle an additional layer of finish paint, the walls can be washed with a sponge with detergents compositions in a gel base.
The technological process of applying the plaster «Woodworm» ensure a smooth surface with an original design. The details of working with plaster woodworm can be studied in the following video: