If you have decided to expand theirliving space, but are not able to attach a room to your home, but the foundation is not strong enough for the second floor, while the ideal output will be the construction of the attic space.
Attic - is a room in the attic, which can be designed as a living, if enough space. To increase space, a special mansard roof truss system.
For the correct determination of the structure andthe amount of material required, using special software. Calculation of the mansard roof truss system - is the key to proper and accurate selection of materials and to determine the size of the roof.
The types of attic floors:
- triangular or regular. The most familiar to us top of a private house. Rafter system gable mansard roof is the simplest to implement and requires the least amount of material. However, this option gives the least amount of space;
- corner. Rafter system sloping mansard roof implies the presence of a corner at the top of the roof. The species is very much, and you can choose the most suitable to your taste. These designs include hip and poluvalmovaya model space. Gambrel attic will consist of two trapezoids in length, and two triangles in width. Rafter system poluvalmovaya mansard roof will have two additional break in the upper part of the front walls. The advantage of these variants is the large area of the room, but they are the most expensive and heavy in execution;
- Dome. Very rare scheme mansard roof truss system, as is used to cover the circular space.
The next step in the calculation - the definition of the areayour roof, the size and width of the proposed premises overlapping layers of material. you need to know the following data to determine the size of the attic:
- width and length of the basics - the size of your home;
- precipitation (snow and rain). It is necessary to know in order to clearly define the angle of the ramp;
- width of the junction overlap parts.
Example of calculating the height of the gable roof. By assumption, the house has a length of 12 meters and a width of 3. The precipitation allows you to choose an angle of 40 degrees. The calculation is carried out according to the formula - Hk = L * tgA
As seen in Figure Hk - the required height, L - semi-detached house width. TGA - tangent of the angle selected.
Thus we get the following:
Hk = 3/2 * 0.84 = 1.26
The height of the proposed roof would 1,26metra. Be careful during all measurements, it will serve as a starting point for your calculations.
Once payment is made mansard roof truss system and purchased all the materials, the next stage - the preparation.
If you decide to implement this phase of the work yourself, it is worth remembering that the right start - is the key to the quality of future construction. It is necessary to consider several factors during the dismantling:
- The duration of the work is the most important factor. All preparatory work should take no more than two or three days, because your home is not protected from rain or other precipitation.
- Weather forecast. Repair is best to do in the dry summer months when rainfall is not so terrible, and impregnating materials will dry faster.
- Preparation of the floor. Before you put the support necessary to take into account the type of fixing roof system mansard roof. Any type requires special places to the rafters.
- Replacing the floor of the attic. Not a mandatory step, but desirable, as the attic floor - is the ceiling of your room. An extra layer of insulation will not interfere in any room.
After completion of all preparatory work,comes the most important and crucial stage. Building a mansard roof truss system should be carried out with strict observance of all technological stages. The surface will carry a serious load after snowfall or strong wind, so do not let even the slightest deviation in design.
Various designs mansard roof and truss systems involve the use of different materials. Carefully read the manufacturer's recommendations before use.
Installation of mansard roof truss systemIt begins with the installation of poles, which will subsequently carry the entire load. If your home does not allow to install heavy structures, do not try to make the walls of the attic of the brick, it is better to apply the "sandwich" system. The use of lightweight materials allow the use of lighter and support that will enable you to choose the more profitable your room design.
All nodes mansard roof truss system made of wood, which significantly diversifies the options for the walls:
- brick. Reliable and popular material, the only drawback being overweight construction;
- foam concrete blocks. Many types allows you to choose the perfect option for any customer. The disadvantage is the appearance. The walls will require finishing, both inside and outside. Plus, the material itself is fairly wide and take a lot of space.
- OSB panels. The most optimal option. Stove is very strong and light. No problem to process and allows for additional insulation of walls between the two plates. The device mansard roof truss system allows to apply two layers of plates and hide all communications in the wall. The disadvantage would be enough high cost and the need for additional finishing and impregnation. Do not be afraid that the material is lightweight, and made of wood shavings. In the fortress, and the mechanical strength is not inferior to the others.
The choice of material for the walls depends on the technical requirements of your project and your financial capabilities.
If you decide to perform the work themselves,then you should soberly assess their strength. Rafter system mansard roof with his hands must be done on a professional level, otherwise it may be difficult during the operation. Completely independently perform such work, you can not. Call several assistants, it is desirable that at least someone had experience in such matters.
Advantages of Building your own hands:
- cost. professional builders Services are expensive, so the performance of work on their own, will significantly reduce their cost;
- Purchase quality materials. Purchase materials will allow you to independently control their quality and compliance with estimates.
Disadvantages of self-assembly:
- delaying the process. Lack of experience in the work of such a plan can lead to delays in the repair for a long period, which greatly complicate your stay in the house;
- the wrong choice of material. In case of wrong selection of the material, you may have to pay more for the elimination of consequences;
- lack of professional tools. Buy expensive tools once - it makes no sense, but their absence can considerably hamper the construction;
- rejection of complex structures. If you do the room with his hands, in most cases, your choice is the traditional no-frills option. Rafter system attic gable roof with his hands almost your only option.
Stages repair their own hands:
- familiarization with the design. Rafter system mansard roof, drawings that you can easily find on the Internet, requires a thorough study before work;
- selection of a simple option. Driving truss system gable mansard roof is ideal to carry on their own;