When not enough, and you want to plotown vegetables and herbs, hostess involve the third dimension - height. Its parameters are not limited, and you can create at least five-story structure for the cultivation of vegetable crops. It is because of land scarcity smart man once invented the vertical bed. But first they have been calculated solely on the flowers used and the citizens on balconies and loggias. But the idea quickly picked up by savvy gardeners, having understood that in such structures can grow vegetables. In addition, an unusual type of beds lends piquancy landscape, attracts the attention of neighbors and passers-by. Try to understand how we can quickly and easily create a vertical flower bed, and what crops co-exist in such conditions.
Create vertical beds with their own hands is not difficult, but you need to understand what conditions await the plants in such constructions.
- For housewives vertical design - a great way to relieve the arms and back, because in containers will not grow weeds (they simply there is not enough space).
- Due to the lack of contact with the ground the plant will be less likely to get sick of fungal infections, and therefore treatments need less chemicals.
- During the period of frost or hurricane many vertical beds can be transferred at a time in a farm building, thus preserving the future harvest.
- With containers you can decorate an ugly fence or the wall of the shed, thereby improving the aesthetics of the site.
- Space saving: if the transfer of the vertical garden on the beds, it will be a place for arrangement of recreation areas and flower beds.
Disadvantages of the vertical garden:
- The containers root system of plants is limited in the diet, since it contains a small amount of soil. Therefore, feeding with this method of cultivation is carried out more frequently.
- The earth dries quickly, so wateredPlants often, and if in the country there are only a weekend, then create a system of drip irrigation. Recommended soil diluted hydrogel that retains moisture longer than the ground.
- Perennial crops with this method of cultivation can vymerznut in severe winters. Therefore, to create a mobile design to hide a bed for the winter in the farm building.
Grooming vertical the beds, the hosts do not have to pull up the weeds and combat pests, because due to lack of contact with the ground they become much less
The darker the material containers for vertical ridges, the faster it dries in the sun, and therefore require frequent watering
During the existence of the idea of vertical beds gardeners invented many interesting designs, many of which require the most basic supplies.
The most accessible method for truckers - fixingcontainers on the support. They are ready to buy in stores or made from planks. And you can gather up at all to create a vertical beds empty plastic bottles and containers to make of them. If a bottle, then close the neck cap and top cut an oval hole about 5 cm in length, nailed container in an artistic manner to a wall or a fence, filled with soil and planted seedlings.
All variants with capacities do not include drip irrigation, so the addition of the hydrogel into the ground - a prerequisite for a comfortable life of plants.
Old chest of drawers can be a great container if to pull his drawers at different levels, and the white color of the wood will reduce heating
When you create a vertical beds for growingstrawberries often erect structure of the drums or plastic pipes that will last several seasons. Consider how to create such a "dormitory" for strawberries.
When you create a vertical beds for strawberries is important to think through drip irrigation, because in the period of ripening berries require a lot of moisture
Progress of the work:
- To create a single vertical structureIt needs two plastic pipes of the same length and different diameters. One - thin, to create a drip irrigation, and the second - the thickest, which will only find.
- In a thin tube with a drill nasverlivaem many holes through which water will flow into the ground. The lower part (about 10 cm), the entire reserve.
- The thick pipe mark up staggeredFuture openings for seedlings. They are usually arranged in three rows: the central and two side (the rear wall is attached to the support). Bottom (10 cm) of the holes do not have to.
- Nasverlivaem holes using a drill with paddle and chisel. The diameter of each - about 5 cm (considering pipe thickness).
- Below we put on a grand pipe stub and attach to the workpiece support (fence, wall, grid, and so on.).
- A thin tube to protect against ingress of soil wrap burlap or non-woven fabric and rewind string.
- The lower end of the pipe zamatyvaem tape or rubber, so that the water would not go away from the construction.
- We put a thin tube into a thick, stick to the inner stood exactly in the center, and fall asleep to the interior of the first hole with gravel or expanded clay.
- Ready or made with their own hands the soil is mixed with a hydrogel foam and fragmented. Styrofoam balls will not compacted in the soil and will provide free access of air.
- Prepared planted seedlings, the roots of which it is desirable to dip into a clay-mash dung to keep moisture better.
- Fill the water inside the pipe.
In the context of the northern regions can make sucha bed in the form of free-standing struts, connecting three or four tubes in one frame. Then, in the winter you can clean up a bed in the barn, so as not to freeze the roots.
By assembling a vertical flower bed of plastic pipes, fixed house, you can always transfer the design to another location or hide for the winter
Very reasonable idea is to create aPocket garden, ie vertical ridges, reminiscent of a piece of fabric with multiple pockets. This technology was invented agronomists and showed it to one of the exhibitions. The material for the creation of pockets of a thin folgizirovanny insulation. Due to the shiny surface it reflects the sun's rays and the soil does not overheat, and on cold days polystyrene layer will further trap heat, warming the roots. These vertical beds suitable for cucumbers, beans, herbs and strawberries of the same.
Technology for creating "pocket garden":
- Buy insulation double-length. That is, if you want to create a bed of 2 meters in height, it is necessary to take 4 meters of material.
- Fold in half and stitched by a heater horizontal line at a distance of 5-7 cm from the top. This kuliske need to hang a flower bed.
- Next zastrachivaem all the edges and bottom of the heater, creating something like a bag. The top 5-7 cm on the edges zastrachivat not necessary.
- Rascherchivaem surface into rectangles of which will create pockets. It is desirable to make the insulation meter to 3 pockets to more soil placed therein.
- All stitched by counting.
- In each received a box to eruptat the top of the hole, leaving a seam of 3-4 cm. It is advisable not to grave in a straight line, and in a semicircle, to get on top of a kind of valve. According to it, when watering the water will drain into the pocket.
- When all pockets are cut, hung on the bed of support. To do this, insert the top Drawstring plastic tube with a string inside.
- Outside twine tout the node making a loop. Hung for it to support the entire structure.
- Each pocket fills nutrient soil, mixed with a hydrogel.
- Sheds water, soil or seeds of the seedlings.
Mobility tissue beds allows you to position it on any support, even at the entrance to his own cottage, fixing to the door with a few hooks
Pockets on a bed of insulation should not be too small, otherwise the plants will lack of food and fast dry
In folgizirovannyh pockets perfectly grow not only cucumbers and strawberries, and indoor plants, which in summer can be taken to the street
If the time to irrigate vertical beds, it is possible to achieve not only a good harvest, but also lush vegetation, which will decorate your site.