Garden paths are guiding thread,joining in a single ensemble of all the functionality of the site area and other elements of landscape design. Without garden paths impossible to achieve artistic perfection garden appearance. Selecting tracks configuration, laid on the territory of the site is carried out at the stage of landscape design. Depending on the destination tracks selected materials for their device and stowage. According to the classification adopted in gardening design track can be decorative and utilitarian, major and minor, hard and soft, straight and zigzag, broad and narrow. Design of the road transport network section shall be based on its topography, which may be flat, "saucer" or multistage (in the presence of significant height differences).
All garden paths can be divided into twolarge groups: the utilitarian and decorative. At each site there are always representatives of both groups. For utilitarian group includes road access to areas for motor vehicles, as well as the track, laid in commercial buildings, which are actively operated throughout the year. The width of the track entry to the site depends on the dimensions of road vehicles used by the owners of a country house. Typically, this value is 2.5-3 meters. base power is calculated taking into account the vehicle weight. As materials for the fabric previously used only concrete. Now preference is often given the tile of the road, which allows you to more accurately reach the style of landscape design.
Decorative garden paths are necessary forPlot decorations. They lay for making hiking, during which people can enjoy the beauty of the garden. Decorative paths lead to recreational areas, hidden in the recesses of the garden plot. The width of the tracks of this type is from half a meter to one and a half meters. As materials for the device tracks used decorative pebbles, gravel, tiles, natural stone and others.
Decorative garden paths, lined with some natural stones, bring flavor to the garden landscape design and facilitate admiring its beauty
Among the garden paths there is a kind of hierarchy. Tracks can be major, minor, connecting.
- The main track is the main connecting element of the garden. The width of the track should not exceed 1.2 meters in order to have enough space for the two of us walking.
- Secondary and connecting trackbranch off from the main track at different sides of the garden. The narrow lanes, the width of which is about 0.5-0.7 meters, convenient to move around alone. Configuration and secondary connection tracks should not be difficult. Otherwise, these items will be included in the competition with the main track, which can not be allowed.
With the help of the main, secondary andconnecting tracks combined into a single road transport network linking all important facilities are located in the suburban area: a house, garage, outbuildings, entrance area, open spaces, recreational facilities, artificial reservoirs.
A well-designed network of garden paths on the territory of the site allows you to freely get into any garden space
In the design of the road transport networkmust adhere to the "golden" rule, which consists in the fact that the axes of all the tracks should intersect at a single point. This place, which is a composite of the garden center, make out in the dominant style.
Construct garden paths are selected according to:
- type and soil structure on the site;
- seasonal movements of soil;
- the groundwater level;
- the expected load on the pavement;
- intensity of use (seasonal or year-round).
Because of its design features gardenTrack addition to the main destination can perform another important function - drainage. To this end, the surface attached to a small slope that provides run-off rain and melt water into the drainage layer base paths. Build a garden path, you can:
- Two-profile (the middle of the edges above) - water flows in two directions;
- a single line (one edge is raised above the other) - the water flows in the direction of the slope.
Garden paths are not only crossprofile, but also the longitudinal profile, which shows a drop height throughout its length (from start to finish). The difference in height between the edges of the track in the transverse and longitudinal profile measured in ppm. In this case the following values are allowed:
- 15-60 ppm for cross slope track (depending on its width):
- 70 ppm or less - for the longitudinal slope of the track.
If the longitudinal slope on any part of the garden path exceeds 70 ppm, it is recommended for safety reasons to arrange the stairs. Otherwise, the path is too steep.
With a significant drop heights on the territory of a garden site with a track suit stair steps, facilitate the rise and downhill
Any track is made up of the following design elements:
- subgrade (depressions in the ground, corresponding to the size of the track under construction or site);
- a base composed of sand underlaymentlayer and (or) buffer gravel-gravel cushion layer. Both layers are designed to reduce the load on the roadbed, and to drain water from the area (drainage).
Depending on the functionalitygarden path chosen base type. So for garden paths used during the summer season, enough to make a sand base. For walkways, operated year-round, the base must already be gravel and sand. Entrance roads and platforms, intended for the parking of vehicles, built on a solid concrete foundation, reinforced by a reinforcement.
Roadbed is another essential structural component of any track. By covering all type of garden paths can be divided into two groups:
- hard (in-situ concrete, clinker bricks, paving slabs, natural stone);
- soft (pebbles, gravel, granite screenings (baby), rubble).
The landscape design is used as a combined track, which consists of areas with hard or soft cover.
Combined track made of solid bulk materials and coatings, represented here as a single square shaped flagstones
For stacking the special roadwayapply sophisticated technology. These include green track, arranged on the geogrid or flooded decorative concrete. The most popular in the country are building rigid track, allowing to implement a variety of stylistic solutions for the design of a garden plot. In addition, they are more practical, as durable, reliable, easy to clean. Soft tracks will have to be cleaned of debris and repaired often longer, leveling the bulk material.
In a separate group decided to allocate wood coatings performed as decks, walkways, board sidewalks, paths of cut down a tree.
Cut down a tree in the design of the garden paths used in conjunction with objects built of logs or timber
Borders used to reinforce the edges of the garden paths, you can:
- increase the resistance of the coating;
- protect the coating from the edge of the possible sliding and destruction;
- prevent overgrowing vegetation walkway;
- protect lawns and flower gardens, adjacent to the track, from trampling.
Setting borders is obligatory for garden paths with a mild type of cover. Hard track framed by borders of a country at the request of the site owner.
The choice of materials for paving garden pathsIt is of great aesthetic value to the landscape design. Figure pavement can set the direction for the movement of travelers, causing their interest to the individual parts. With the help of the drawing and paving types, you can create the illusion of a large space, which is important for small area plots. Deliberate restriction or expansion of the track, interspersed ornament, step by step sections, lined with decorative stone, as well as a number of other tricks used by landscape designers, allow to decorate the site and make it look unique.
Whimsical form of garden paths decorated with a garden plot, setting off the green lawns and flower beds separating small from the general background
Any track, laid on a site withpractical or decorative purpose, shall be required to be safe as well as convenient for exploitation of. This is only possible if the tracks are designed taking into account the features of the site topography:
- Flat terrain: the secondary path can be placed in any way (like a fan, in the form of branches from the main track, the other options).
- "Saucer" relief: garden paths depart solar rays from the lowest place in the area in which a decorative pond and gazebo.
- The terrain with a height difference: on gentle slopes arrange garden paths zigzag shape, neighboring areas which are joined together with smooth transitions. On steep slopes can not do without the device retaining walls and terraces, the transition to which is provided by ramps and stair steps.
Home garden path, immersed in the green of the trees and disappearing into the distance, allowing to climb to the terrace through a cascade of stairs
Garden paths, combined in shape and colorthe materials used to furnish the house, fences, gazebos, beds and flower beds, make it possible to give a composite perfection garden. When designing the tracks must adhere to the requirements of the selected style. For example, in the strict regular style it is assumed that all garden paths will necessarily be straight. The main track at the same time serves as a kind of axis of symmetry that divides the garden into two equal halves in registration. Venues, arranged at the intersections of the tracks, should also have a strict form of regular geometric shapes (circle, square).
Garden in the regular style decorated flat and straight tracks, conducted as if a ruler skilful hand of the designer-artist
Landscape style, on the contrary, does not accept the strict andstraight lines. This garden would be appropriate winding paths leading into the most secluded corners of the site. At each bend the winding garden path should open a beautiful view of the growing trees and flowers, artfully created ponds with waterfalls and streams, attractive destinations, enchanting sculptures and other decorative elements.
Get the unexpected result allowscombining styles. At the same time mixing the main track is performed in a straight line, and the secondary paths extending from it, give a free form. Emphasize the beauty of the Dutch style will help track, decorated with a floral border.