According to the International Classification of Flowering these perennial bulbous plants are divided into 9 groups:
- Asian - Include the 5 th grades.. Differ ruggedness and hardiness, flowers do not smell.
- Curly - There are 200 varieties. The name received thanks inflorescences, resembling a candlestick with drooping heads.
- Snow-white - Include 30 varieties. They differ marvelous aroma may have a pale yellow color. Very moody.
- American - There are 140 varieties. The flowers are very original bright exotic colors, often decorated with a two-tone black specks. Pretty choosy.
- Longiflorum - Have an elongated shape with the direction of the bud to the side or down, unusually fragrant. The garden conditions often suffer from viral infections, longer grown as greenhouse crops.
- Tubular - Have a characteristic shape resembling an elongated gramophone flower harvested from dense waxy petals. Capricious, require shelter for the winter.
- Orientali (eastern) - A large group has 1300 varieties. Capricious, demanding to heat, commonly affected disease.
- interspecific hybrids - Combine the best qualities of the individualgroups. Extremely beautiful and exotic. Among the varieties derived from crosses most popular LA-hybrids, hybrids and OT-LO-gibrity with large flowers up to 25 cm in diameter for distillation.
- Natural views - Play a key role in the creation of new varieties.
Under natural conditions, these herbaceous plantswidely distributed in the temperate latitudes of the Northern Hemisphere: the Mediterranean, the south-eastern part of Central America, Japan and China. Most common in middle latitudes got Asian lily hybrids.
Lilies are one of the most beautiful species of the genus of bulbous. They belong to the family and daylilies are the family of onion, grouse, tulips
Asians are descended from native species of Siberianlily, such as Tiger and Dahurian, but because most winter-hardy and adapted to the less favorable climatic conditions. Other groups lily, such as Oriental, tubular or curly, require more careful care.
Among the Asian hybrids most decorative different varieties:
- "Marlene" - the petals gently pink color. Famous for abundant flowering.
- "Landini" - showy maroon beauty more than a meter in height.
- "Aphrodite" - terry flower with pink petals.
Of the old and time-tested varieties worthalso highlight: "Inchantment" with flowers rich red-orange color, "Destin" with delicate petals lemon yellow, "Peprike" with bright red flowers.
A worthy representative of the group can be Orientaliconsidered: «Mona Liza» with delicate pale pink flowers, «Tiber» with flowers of lilac shade, edged white border, snow-white beauty «Siberia»
When choosing planting material, it is important to take into account the climatic features of the terrain, because not all lilies can safely tolerate fluctuations in temperature.
By purchasing planting material, carefullycheck onion: there are no spots on it and traces of rot. These symptoms indicate diseased plants. The bulbs should be evenly colored, scales tightly adhere to each other.
Determine the plants belonging varietal labeling will help:
- The first Roman numeral denotes a group of lilies;
- The second digit indicates the position of the flower ( "a" - pointing up, "b" - the side, "c" - down);
- The letter denotes the fraction by flower form ( "a" - tube "b" - cupped, "c" - flat, "d" - Chalmovidnaya).
Prior to planting the bulbs are best kept in a cool place, sprinkling sand, sawdust or wet moss. Several of these purposes are adapted to the bottom shelf of the refrigerator.
For spring planting, choose bulbs that are already hatch shoots and embarked on a growth stubby white roots
In the event that the bulb begins to sprout prematurely in full, it is desirable to plant in a flower pot, leaving a warm room. In an open ground transplant is after frost.
When planning where to place an exotic beautyon the site, it should focus on group membership. Tube, Asian and eastern most line decorative exhibit only in well-lit areas.
They feel comfortable in the penumbra lily inwhich in the underground part of the stem located adventitious roots. These include varieties of groups of curly lilies. They should preferably be such that the basal part was shaded, and inflorescence covered by sunlight.
Lily - heat-loving plant prefers well-lit areas, firmly closed "screen" of green foliage in the wind
Lilies with large flowers look spectacular insolo performance. When landing melkotsvetkovyh lilies for expressive aesthetic effect is better to form small groups, placing them at a distance of 10-15 cm from each other. Against the backdrop of the lush foliage of other perennials bright delicate flowers will be beneficial to stand out, creating a magnificent picture.
For the colors are ideal landing siteslocated on a small hill. This helps to prevent stagnation of rain water, which often is the cause of destruction of plant pathogens. Waterlogged soil harmful to discerning beauties. To improve conditions on clay and heavy soils is possible by arrangement drainage. To do this, lay a ditch, placing them at a slight incline. The bottom of the ditches lining layer of crushed brick or fine gravel, river sand sprinkled on top and hiding underground.
To the soil in the root of a flower fieldwas in the shade and not overheated in the sun, in the immediate vicinity is better to plant daylilies, bells and hosts. Their sprawling foliage will cover the surface of the earth, creating optimal conditions for the development of discerning beauties.
Proper soil - a 80% success rate in growing lilies. Regardless of group membership bulbs they prefer to grow on rich soils.
In the peat-rich and well-drained soils are developing great American group varieties and hybrids of eastern
The best fertilizer for lilies considered humus. But it should make with caution: the excess of power plants begin to "fatten". This provokes a slowing of their development, reduced resistance to disease and a decrease in frost. The optimum ratio of insertion of humus is 7-8 kg per 1 sq.m.
Adversely affect the plants can making poorly decomposed manure containing pathogens pathogenic plants.
The soil under the Flowering herbaceousplants must contain a sufficient amount of nutrients, because at one point the plant can live from 3 to 5 years. When digging the soil it is charged with mineral fertilizers, which include nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus. They contribute at the rate of 100 grams per square meter.
Since the plant roots are pretty deep, dug up the soil before planting, buried 30-40 cm. For drainage of heavy clay soil in its composition making sand
Most members of the family of dayliliesdo not tolerate acidic soils, preferring slightly acidic and slightly alkaline soil compositions. On well-drained acidic soil feel comfortable only oriental varieties. Asians and LA hybrids greater love and gumussirovannye neutral soil and tubular lily greatest decorative exhibit a poor weakly alkaline earth alloy ash and sand.
To reduce the acidity of the soil help to:
- Wood ash - it is made at the rate of 150-200 g per 1 square meter;
- Chalk - make when digging a meter square for 300-500 gr.
The bulbs before planting visiting discarding diseased specimens: remove damaged tissue, cut rotten flakes and dead roots.
Examined the material is washed under pressure infor 20-30 minutes. Then, to prevent the development of fungal diseases in their first incubated potassium permanganate solution prepared in the ratio 5g per 10 liters of water, and after a fundazol drug solution. If necessary, they can be etched in a solution of insecticide based chlorophos and one percent phosphamide.
The root system of these plants dries fairly quickly. Therefore, after soaking their dry there is no need
The optimum planting time - after floweringplants. This is the period from late summer to mid-autumn. In case of purchase of bulbs in early spring, the landing can be made as soon as the ground thaws and dries. Late spring planting is risky because you can damage the young shoots.
Spring planting is more suitable forlate-varieties, bulbs which formed slowly. These include LO hybrids and varieties of the eastern group: Rio Negro, White Haven, Rialto, Marco Polo.
When planting the plants should be guided by the rule that large bulbs with a diameter of 8-12 cm are planted at a depth of 25 cm and smaller - a depth three times the size of the bulbs
The only exceptions are Halntsedonskaya, Snow White and Testatseum. These form-ground rosette of leaves, and because the layer of soil over them should not exceed 2-3 cm.
Planting bulbs in heavy soil types, bottom of the landing pit littered 5 cm layer of sand. To protect them from voles, on the inner walls of the landing pit spread wire mesh.
Onion spread on the bottom of the pit, placing on theimpromptu sand "cushion", and spread their roots. They can not wring and bend upwards. landing place mark peg and sprinkle the ground, lightly tamping. Abundantly watered wells supernatant water and cover with mulch of bark.
Lilies are very sensitive to drying out the roots. To bulbs are not weather-beaten as prepared hole, it is better to wrap a wet cloth or hide in a box with damp peat. The tender young shoots are afraid of changes in temperature
To protect the young shoots, planted bulb cover plastic bottles with cut bottoms. For this purpose, a better use of the broad walls of the bottle volume is 2-3 liters.
How to care for roses? To minimize the care of these flowering plants, it is necessary to observe a number of recommendations:
- During the season, feed the plantscomplex fertilizers and ash at the rate of 50 grams per square meter. Fertilizing is carried out in three stages: early spring, at the stage of formation of buds and after flowering. For root feeding spring suitable: ammonium nitrate (40 g per 10 liters), nitroammofosfat (50 g per 10 liters), a solution of fermented mullein 1:10.
- Provide timely watering. Although Lily does not like excessive moisture, but especially dry days require frequent watering. Watering at the roots is necessary, taking care not to moisten the leaves. Accidentally hit a drop of water can serve as a sort of lens, causing sunburn.
- Mulching. Very bad for bulbous plants and overheating of the soil, which breaks the flow of biological processes. Prevent it is possible, mulching the soil with natural light shades of the materials (cut grass, straw, sawdust).
- Pest control. Dangerous to the aboveground parts of the plant lily beetle and lily fly. Get rid of the pests can manually collecting larvae and spraying the stems of the "Thunder" drugs, "Grizzlies", "Mukhoed".
- Garter stems. Tall varieties with thin stems need to be tied up to supports, thereby preventing their breaking of, and lodging.
- To withered inflorescence after flowering did not spoil the picture, they should be promptly removed. Flower stalks are removed at the end of the season.
- After the end of the growing plants the stems should be cut and burn, so in the winter time, they do not serve as a guide to the cold bulb.
- In the winter garden lily desirable ground cover sheet, or sawdust softwood spruce branches. They do not need a shelter only Asian and LA hybrids.
Seated lily, separating the daughter bulbs, once in three years and a half months after the end of flowering. In this period they increased their weight and gaining the greatest effect.
Seated lily, separating the daughter bulbs, once in three years and a half months after the end of flowering. In this period they increased their weight and gaining the greatest force
Slowly sprawling varieties CaucasianOrigin better seat only after 5-6 years. Asian varieties can be transplanted even in summer. The main thing - to dig up plants garden fork with a lump of land, keeping the root system.
When transplanting bulbs, carefully separate the kidsfrom the stem and seedlings are planted in beds for growing. Immediately after planting, sprinkle them with compost or dung humus, forming a layer of 3-4 cm. Among them will form full-bulbs in the second or third year.
No wonder these breeders and unpretentiousdisease-resistant perennials called "lilies for the lazy." And the claim that, more beautiful flower, so it is capricious, this plant is not applicable. Hemerocallis grows well on any garden soil, feeling comfortable with himself as the bright sun or in partial shade.
Not inferior to the beauty of garden lilies and their closest "relatives" - daylilies, but unlike discerning beauties are very easy to care for
Planting and care of daylilies takes at leasttime and effort. And please flowering plant begins already in the first year of planting. These perennial plants prefer neutral or slightly acid soil. The ability to grow on depleted soils, but most decorative exhibit on the rich organic loam loose. They are tolerant of infrequent watering, but like the lily, do not tolerate water stagnation.
Excellent combined with ornamental grasses and flowering annuals, they are great camouflage slow withdrawal spring, the bulbs
Daylilies can be a bright decoration for any flower bed. With the right mix of species with different flowering period, flowering daylily is not difficult stretch for the entire season.