The spherical, pyramidal, conical,weeping or creeping - a form of juniper crown can be any that expands the possibilities of landscape design in the formation of compositions, expressive in their geometry. Combining only the conifers, it is possible to compose the original garden, bright on the identity and style: the landscape or regular, avant-garde or classical, ethnic and contemporary.
Rock garden, created by the combination of juniper with other types of conifers, will be advantageous to look in any season
Conifers beneficial to decorate the garden, creating aquiet and elegant landscape. Large conical or columnar junipers are good at single or group planting, serving as the center of landscape composition. It is noteworthy single juniper looks as topiary. Single dimensional plant - it is always dominant in garden design, which it is desirable to surround the smaller plants.
Group planting juniper scaly variety Loder its conical crown beneficial supplement composition rockeries
Junipers crown with geometric shapesIt looks good in the gardens with a regular layout, making specific points and stressing the correct outlines beds. The landscaped gardens of the cone-shaped and spherical junipers perfectly coexist with less "officious" plants, perennials and spreading shape varieties give the curb, the rock garden or pond expressivity.
They are often used in planting hedges (molded freely growing) and mixborders, the design of the foreground and alpine rabatok, delineate the boundaries lawns or flowerbeds.
Combining shaped and unshaped junipers with exotic foliage can create a spectacular rockeries
Dwarf juniper bonsai in a compactand topiary are indispensable in the garden in the oriental style tab - they will decorate profitable stony composition and branching paths, advantageously combined with the Ground-covering and low-growing plants: saxifrage, loosestrife, stonecrop, pinks, phlox and cereals.
Junipers with a beautiful color of the crown:
- bluish-silver rock varieties of juniper Blue Arrow,
- glaucous blue Meyeri and Blue Carpet,
- bluish-gray rock grade Skyrocket,
- horizontal juniper some species (Andorra Compact, Blue Chip) winter becomes purple,
- spreading juniper golden tones Pfitzeriana Aurea advantageous to look at the background of the lawn.
Effective krone juniper does not require frequentpruning, but the variety, growing in a hedge shear regularly: in the middle of the summer and spring, removing the dry and some lateral branches, beaten out beyond the formed crown. If the juniper grows in the garden of bonsai, the cut is carried out in April-May and October-November.
When choosing a juniper species for planting in the gardenyou must have full information about its characteristics: hardiness, the size of the plants in the adult form, shape and color of the crown, growing conditions and care. Junipers, which brought us out of the Western kennels can be as quite resistant to typical for central Russia harsh winters, and nezimostoykimi successfully growing without shelter only in the southern regions.
Following the acquisition of new coniferous plants (evenfrost) experienced gardeners recommend to hide it at first winter fir spruce branches, or sacking, tied up branches, needles to avoid sun burns and damage to the crown of snow.
Juniper average grade Gold Coast with a golden needles, expressive contrasts with a emerald green
Employees of Russian botanical gardens identified suitable and unsuitable for cultivation in domestic latitudes juniper varieties.
Winter-hardy species of juniper (Juniperus):
- ordinary (J. Communis),
- Cossack (J. Sabina),
- Flake (J. Squmata),
- Horizontal (J. Horizontalis),
- Siberian (J. Sibirica),
- Chinese (J. Chinensis),
- solid (J. Rigida),
- Virginia (J. Virginiana).
Nezimostoykie kinds of juniper:
- Turkestan (J. Turkestanica),
- leaning (J. Procumbens),
- Zeravshan (J. Seravshanica),
- Red (J. Oxycedrus).
Successful establishment and juniper growth largely depends on the quality of seedlings purchased. When purchasing planting material should pay attention to the following points:
- Plants with open root system is better not to buy.
- It is advisable to purchase a juniper in a container or with a clod of earth, wrapped burlap.
- At the root system and branches should be visible this year growth.
- On the trunk of the plants must be free of cracks.
- Fresh sprouts should be flexible and non-friable.
- The color of the crown must be uniform, no inclusions of brown and white flakes in the base of the needles.
- It is recommended to select those plants that were grown in a container, rather than in the open field, and then transplanted into a container.
Junipers bare-rootare planted in early spring or in the fall, and seedlings with a clod of earth - throughout the period from spring to autumn. For the northern regions of optimal planting in the spring - so the seedling will have time to settle down to a more successful move winter.
Combining juniper needles with different color can be formed by an unusual form and colors of the hedge
Due to its decorative juniper -good choice for a young garden, when a group of several conifers capable of immediately after planting to fill the void in the landscape and form an attractive composition. For landing light-loving junipers pick an open, well-lit garden area with a loamy or sandy soil easy - nutritious and quite moist.
Live molded hedge of silver-blue juniper becomes a catchy element of landscape garden design
If the soil clay and heavy, theplanting hole a mixture of garden soil, peat, sand and conifers land (loose soil with needles collected under spruce or pine trees in the forest). In this pre-drained soil and covered the bottom of the landing pit broken bricks or sand. Junipers grow nice and thin soils, can easily tolerate drought, but water stagnation in the soil for them fatal.
The most successful mixture of dirt for plantingjuniper: 2 pieces of turf land, 2 parts humus, 2 parts peat, 1 part sand. It is also desirable to add a mixture of 150 g Kemira-wagon, and 300 g nitrophosphate and Appin after planting (for optimal survival) for each seedling.
Horizontal junipers with flattened crown perfectly fit into the design area by the pond
Dimensions landing holes depend on the sizejuniper root system, for example, for large species dig a hole about 60? 80 cm. Planted plant quickly, so that the root system has not had time to dry, but gently to avoid damaging the earth com, or young roots. After landing in the open ground juniper abundantly watered and cover out of direct sunlight.
Density of accommodation in the area of juniperIt depends on the composition of the landscape - whether it be a hedge, soliternaya or group planting. For junipers distance between seedlings when planting is chosen in the range from 0.5 to 2 m. The small garden is better to stay on compact forms of juniper.
When collecting juniper seeds for sowing is importantcomply with the time intervals - it is better to prepare not quite ripened seeds in late summer, you finally ripened - in the fall. So the probability of germination will be more. The collected plant material must be sown immediately, but you need to be prepared for the fact that because of the hard shell juniper seeds germinate only 2-3 years after planting.
Group planting Chinese juniper enliven the garden in the off season and winter
You can put on the site juniper,dug in the forest, pre-marked on its trunk orientation parts of the world, to simulate as much as possible especially when transplanting its growth in the natural environment. Com "native" land should be large, with preserved upper layer of humus.
Given the choice of varieties of juniper,resistant to domestic climatic conditions, care of the young plants is minimal - junipers almost do not get sick and are not affected by pests, do not require intensive fertilization and spraying. In the future, it is sufficient to provide irrigation in dry years, juniper and 2-3 times per season to maintain its nitrogen and complex fertilizers.
Different varieties have different colored juniper needles, but especially beautiful needles bluish-blue hue
In no case can not fertilize conifersbird or cow humus - from the roots of the juniper burn, and the plant dies. You also can not loosen the soil around the juniper - due to the fact that the root system of conifers belong to the superficial type of trunk power deteriorates, and the plant begins to wither. For Juniper enough to mulch the ground softwood land, harvested in the forest.
In winter junipers shaped crownunder the weight of snow may fall apart, some branches - break. To avoid such trouble, the crown shaped juniper autumn pre-tied. Certain types of junipers are sensitive to extremes of day and night temperatures in early spring of winter and spring sun and require shelter in February and March. needles Burns lead to a change of green conifers crown on brown-yellow hue, and therefore to the loss of decorative juniper.
Horizontal juniper varieties Plyumoza acts as ground cover plants for rock garden
If ephedra kidney sunburn remainalive, the young shoots gradually cover the burnt places, but, if the kidneys are dead, affected by frost branches must be cut to healthy wood and process the garden pitch.
To juniper needles retained the brightness of the winter, the plant must be regularly watered, fertilized in the spring and in late summer granular bait and spray needles microfertilizers.
Gardeners practice these types of juniper cover in winter:
- Snow. An excellent choice for miniaturized and creeping forms - just throw the snow on the branches of ephedra. But it is recommended to make a protective frame with heavy snowfall.
- Spruce branches. Fasten the branches in tiers, moving from the bottom to the top of juniper.
- Non-woven and woven materials. Ephedra wrap spunbond burlap, craftpaper (in two layers), light cotton cloth and tie up with a rope, leaving the lower part of the crown open. The film can not be used - the plant will rot.
- Screen. It sets a maximum illuminated side of the plant.
To cover juniper not fit lutrasil -he misses the sun's rays, not quite as good shelter from cardboard boxes. The experience of gardeners, as a shelter for conifers perfect metallic insulation, used for laying laminate. To this end, in October (until the ground has not frozen) around juniper drive in pegs, and wrapped itself substrate plant in November.
Horizontal Bar Harbor juniper with rounded crown effectively supplemented soliternuyu planting broad-leaved
Frost-resistant species of juniper, do not burnthe sun: Cossack, medium grade (Hettsi, Old Gold, Mint Julep), Chinese Gold Star, and varieties Pendula Pfittseriana. Strong burn in the winter and spring sunshine subspecies Juniperus.
Juniperus Sabina - one of the most frost-resistant varieties, ideal for landing in central Russia
Columnar juniper Hiberika acts as a focal point in the flowerbed
On a bed you can combine several types of juniper: rocky, horizontal, Chinese - any combination will be successful
1 Thuja occidentalis «Holmstrup». 2. Berberis thunbergii «Red Chief». 3. Pine Mountain «Mops». 4. Juniper Intermediate «Old Gold». 5. Juniperus Sabina «Tamariscifolia». 6. Ground cover perennials (pearlwort, stonecrop)
1. Juniper rock «Blue Arrow». 2. Juniper rock shaped «Skyrocket». 3. Juniper scaly shaped «Meyeri». 4. Pine Mountain «Mops». 5. Juniper Horizontal «Blue Chip». 6. Juniper leaning «Nana»
1. Juniperus chinensis «Blaauw» or «Blue Alps». 2. Thuja occidentalis «Stolwijk» or «Rheingold». 3. Tui East «Aurea Nana». 4. Canadian Spruce «Conica». Thuja occidentalis 5. «Tiny Tim» or «Little Champion». 6. Pine Mountain «Gnom». 7. Spruce barbed «Glauca Globosa» or European «Nidiformis». 8. Juniper Horizontal «Blue Chip» or «Prince of Wales». 9. Juniper Horizontal «Wiltonii». 10. Cotoneaster Dammer. 11. Ground cover roses. 12. Flowers: petunia, phlox styloid, Aubrieta, thyme, verbena. 13. Spirea «Snowmound»
Juniper with original crown acts as an accent on the alpine hill
1. Juniperus Sabina molded. 2. Stonecrop Siebold. 3. Sedum. 4. Iris dwarf. 5. Iris Garden (bearded, medium). 6. Primrose Ushkova. 7. Iberis evergreen. 8. Deschampsia cespitosa. 9. Molodilo hybrid. 10. Saxifraga cespitosa. 11. Muscari Hoholkova. 12. Bell lozhechnitselistny
Decorative planting of juniperessentially depends on a properly sized varieties - its size, taking into account sprawl, crown shape, color and texture of pine needles. Varieties belonging to the same type of junipers, can vary considerably in their external characteristics - it is also worth considering.
- Meier method. Height 1 m, the growth rate of 10 cm per year. The needles are silvery-blue. Mixborders and bonsai.
- Blue Carpet. Height 0.6 m, diameter of 2-2.5 m. Creeping branching crown. The needles are silvery-blue. Unpretentious, grows rapidly. The lower tier of landscape compositions.
- Old Gold. Height 0.4 m, diameter 1 m. Wide rounded crown of yellow-gold color. A single landing on the lawn, in the rock garden.
- Mint Julep. Height 1.5 m, diameter of 2-3 m. Spreading crown with curved branches and scaly green needles. Group planting, rock gardens, rapping tall shrubs.
- Gold Star. Height 1 m, diameter 2.5 m. The short shrub with spreading crown and needles golden-green tone. Low cropped or unshaped hedges, decorating gutters and drainage wells.
- Pfittseriana compact. Height 0.8 m, diameter 1.5-2 m. Spreading crown, acicular green needles. Rapidly growing, tolerates shearing. Curbs, clumps of evergreens with needles of various colors, shaped and unshaped hedges, the organization of the lower tier in large-scale landscape compositions.
- Hetts. The height of 1 m, diameter of 2-2.5 m. The increase of 30 cm per year. Spreading rounded crown with flaky silvery-blue needles. It tolerates shearing. Single and group planting.
- Kanaerti. The height of 5-7 m, diameter of 2-3 m. The annual growth rate of 30 cm. Columnar crown with dark green needles. Solitaire, the group hedges.
- Grey Owl. 1m height, diameter of 2.5 m. The increase of 20 cm per year. Spreading crown with flaky silvery-blue needles and purple stems. The molded composition.
- Blue Chip. Height 0.4 m, diameter of 2 m. The short dwarf shrubs with acicular needles blue-blue tones. Rock gardens, heather gardens, retaining walls.
- Blue Forest. Height 0.3 m, diameter 1.5. Groundcover Creeping crown with blue needles. Strengthening of slopes, the lower tiers of rock gardens, container planting.
- Andorra CD. Height 0.4 m, diameter 1.5 m. Ploskookrugloy cushion crown with blue-gray scaly needles. Low curbs, slopes and garden decoration tiers.
- Andorra Veriegata CD. The height of 0.4 m, a diameter of 1.5 m. The cushion crown with the radiant stems and bright green needles with whitish patches on the tips of branches. Mixed group, stony gardens.
- Wilton. Height 0.1 m, diameter of 2 m. The branched Groundcover crown with silver-emerald needles. Large groups, rock gardens, lawns juniper.
- Stricta. The height of 2.5 m, a diameter of 1.5 m. The conical crown with a greenish-blue needles. Single and group planting, growing in pots.
- Obelisk. The height of 3 m, a diameter of 1.2-1.5 m. Columnar crown with bluish-green needles.
- Monarch. The height of 2 m, a diameter of 1.5 m. Asymmetric columnar krona. Single and group planting.
- Kurivao Gold. The height of 2 m, a diameter of 2 m. Spreading delicate Krone round shape with green needles and young shoots golden hue. Individual planting, mixed and coniferous groups, rock gardens.
Juniper rock Skyrocket. Height 3 m, diameter 0.7 m. The annual growth rate of 10-20 cm. The pyramidal crown with short bluish-green needles. The vertical emphasis in the rock garden, avenue plantings, lawns, in contrast compositions and hedges.
Juniperus Hibernika. The height of 3-5 m, diameter of 1-1.2 m. Columnar crown with a blue-steel barbed needles. Solitaire on lawns, group plantings and composition with hardwood.
Juniperus Sabina. The height of 1 m, diameter of 2 m. Spreading crown with grass-green needles. Hedges, single and group planting.
Variety of colors and forms of junipersto create a spectacular landscape compositions by combining them with other coniferous and deciduous species of shrubs or trees as well as flowers and other garden plants.