If the cottage or smallholding situated incomplex terrain, when it is necessary arrangement to solve the problem with the strengthening of slopes and slopes. Using the retaining wall in the landscape, you can not only fix the problem, but also to decorate the territory of another section of the architectural and planning element. The materials suitable for the construction of retaining walls, using concrete blocks, natural stone, timber, bricks and gabion structures. Artificial structures are sometimes set on a completely flat areas to add "flavor" to the site design. In bulk fertile ground arrange gorgeous flower beds that are on higher ground look particularly unusual and beautiful. Enhance the effect of the height difference in the garden you can use the drop-off specially selected varieties of plants. In addition to planting flowers-bearing walls can serve as a basis for integration of additional elements of the decor that enhances the functionality of their use.
This video shows how you can build on the site retaining walls with his own hands, using bricks or concrete blocks.
There are several ways of laying stones. However, in any case, the first row are placed in recesses in a specially prepared ground. Stones subsequent rows spread in a staggered manner, thereby ensuring a reliable two-point support for each of them. To give special strength retaining walls of stone bonded with cement mortar. The walls, playing mostly decorative role, erecting a "dry" method:
- Laying stones having the same height,neat horizontal rows is used in gardens, decorated in a regular style. As the material is gneiss or sandstone. These stones rock do not create problems in processing, enabling to form desired number of equal-sized blocks.
- Stacking rectangular stones having differentheight, horizontal rows. Such a retaining wall is less strict. It is considered universal, and therefore is suitable for decoration of any garden, regardless of the style of landscape design. In the selection of material pay attention to the color of stone.
- The estates, country-style,perform retaining walls of rubble. Typically, these stones are of different size, which complicates their stacking process. But the designer opens a wide field for the imagination when working with such material.
- It is popular among experts andcyclopean masonry natural stone, with a rounded shape. It is ideal for this as sea and river pebbles. In the space formed between adjacent stones, poured soil and planted special undemanding varieties of flowering plants.
The shape and size of the stones also determines the form of the future retaining wall.
Retaining wall, lined with dry method of matched in size and color stones of natural origin, is a jewel of the site
Kind of dry stone walls in the section:
Longitudinal section of a stone retaining wall, on which the main structural elements of buildings are clearly visible. Deviation from the vertical wall is 15 degrees
- The trench, which lays the foundation serving solid foundation to support wall. The width of the trench is 40 cm, if the height of the wall being built will be equal to one meter.
- Drain pipe that provides water drainage. If you do not provide for the presence of drainage at the base of the wall, the water accumulating behind it podmoet the ground and destroy the structure.
- The binder stone, put the long sidedeep foundation construction provides added stability. For this purpose when laying stones specifically give the wall a small slope of not more than 10-15 degrees.
- A layer of stone and rubble that fills the trench. When filling stone and crushed stone mixture is thoroughly compacted. Due to this, the wall becomes wider and much more stable.
- Niches are formed between the individual stones,fill the earth. Sometimes, especially between the stones leave the "nest", then to land in them ampelnye (curly) plants. After their proliferation wall turns into a beautiful decorative element of landscape design.
Note! To support walls being built on sunny open areas suitable bell, thrift, alyssum, saponaria. Also grow well in these conditions, stonecrop, Aubrieta, saxifrage, St. John's wort, phlox undersized. You can plant a cross in the sun, young, vesnyanka, speedwell, baby's breath, carnations, travyanku. For retaining walls, in the shade, you should choose Corydalis, saxifrage, tsimballyariyu, lobulyariyu, valshteyniyu, ferns.
In some regions, easier and cheaper forsupporting walls use of construction beams having the same diameter. The wooden retaining wall in landscape design looks no less beautiful than stone construction.
One possible way to the construction of a retaining wall made of round logs of equal diameter, firmly holding the slope of destruction
The logs are impregnated with special solutions,Constraining the process of decay, and mounted vertically in a pre-dug trench. To wall held fast in the ground, bury her by half a meter. Nearby a timber close to each other. The construction will be flat for a long time, if at the bottom of the trench fill layer of gravel and tamp it well. Free space in the trench around the timber is filled with gravel, then pour concrete solution.
Here is another example of the arrangement:
For pouring concrete retaining wall anddug a shallow trench into which the formwork required height. To effectively curb mass of concrete formwork outside reinforce props. Before pouring the solution is adjusted to a reinforcing frame made of metal rods and wires. Also at the base of the wall of the pipe is laid, which is discharged through the water accumulating behind the retaining wall.
Small secret - to provide flatness and smoothness of the front surface of the retaining wall, the inner wall is necessary to attach roofing formwork
With concrete, you can build quite an impressive construction:
Easily erected retaining walls with his own handsfrom gabions - mesh baskets filled with natural stone. Gabion called volumetric mesh containers, manufactured in the factory of metal wire with a protective anti-corrosion coating.
Gabion structures are widely used device for retaining walls with terracing area. Mesh containers filled with large stones, may stand for decades
Mesh containers vary in size and shape, which can be:
For retaining walls, box more suitablegabions. Nets are brought to the site folded. Then straighten out and manually filled with stones. This large stones that exceed in diameter the size of the grid cells, are stacked on the edges of the container. The middle is filled with fine gravel.
Between a mesh box fastened directly tosite installation of a retaining wall galvanized binding wire. With the help of sharp pins, easy to stick into the ground, mesh boxes are securely fixed in place. To mesh wall does not buckle when laying filler spend their tie with the help of braces. Loaded with stone and rubble container covered with a lid, which is drawn specifically designed for this device. Gabion structures have a long service life. With loads of gabion structures is deformed, but not destroyed.
Important! When applying for a garden plot of gabion retaining wall can not take care of drainage taps, as through the stone fill water flows freely.
Initially, retaining walls were built in the mountainsareas to strengthen the dangerous slopes, as well as the detention of the soil in the vineyards. Gradually, this type of construction was used in landscape design. In the garden plots can be seen retaining walls of bricks. This affordable building material is easy to install using a binder solution in flat wall.
Retaining wall, neatly built of bricks with different ways of styling, beautifully framed by the elevated portion of the territory
All of the methods of retaining devicewalls can on your site to test anyone. The difficulty of the work is only in the transport of loads, because the stones have a rather big weight. Therefore it is better to carry out these works with a few assistants. Of course, to attract professionals to the construction of a retaining wall frees man from the search and delivery of necessary materials, as well as from the heavy manual labor, consuming not only time, but also power.