Wooden old window that served theircentury and gave way to plastic, usually sent to recycling. However, summer residents of such material may be amiss to create temporary or stationary greenhouse. At the factory the construction of polycarbonate money is not always enough, and here - free, good quality and very profitable for the plant material. Glass well transmits light and has high strength. So that your greenhouse window frames stand out before any precipitation inside and miss most of the ultraviolet rays necessary for plant growth.
From the window frame can be created as a temporarycollapsible mini-version of a greenhouse for growing seedlings, and large stationary design. Everything depends on the crop, which is planned to grow there, and the local climate. If the weather is warm in the summer, and most of the plants survive well in the open field, it makes sense to limit ourselves to a few greenhouses that after transplanting the seedlings will go into the shed until next spring. But in colder climates will have to build the greenhouse "for centuries", that no wind, no snow in the winter it did not spoil the spring floods are not a substitution.
No matter what you are building greenhousesselect, window frames need to prepare for the new function. All Metal arsenal - latches, hooks, handles and under. in the greenhouse do not need, so they dismantled.
To make it easier to fix the frame to the chassis,glass is better to take out and put in a corner by the numeral marker (to then insert precisely in the same frame). So you will be easier to cope with the installation, and the glass does not crack during use. If necessary, replace the cracked and rusted rails glazing beads.
Once the windows have been used, the paint in them,naturally poluschilas. All layers of varnish and paints necessary to clean off, because the tree requires protection from moisture. Climate greenhouse unfavorable for wood, and that it would not rotted in the year of the frame to be processed antiseptic.
Not bad on the surface to paint over a layer of white paint. The sun will be less heated frame and reduce its service life. However, to do this hotbed optional.
While the frame dry, get itself design. For starters, you can practice in the creation of mini-greenhouses, and then decide on the most, not folding.
In greenhouses the window frames are usually roofwhich is mounted on a wooden base. On the day the roof slightly open, giving seedlings airing. Therefore prikinte size mini-greenhouse so that its width coincides with the width of the frame. The length is calculated from the number of windows, which will be laid out roof. Most often they are 2-3.
For framework needed boards and 4 bar. Bars digged in the corners of the future hotbed, and from boards knock shields. Since the greenhouse must have a sloping roof for the rolling of rainfall and the maximum passage of the sun's rays, the front shield knock of 3 boards, rear - of 4, and the side is also used 4, but the upper board is cut angle in length so as to create the right transition the height of the front panel to the rear. The prepared boards are fixed to the bars by means of screws.
For hotbed foundation usually do not, but if the ground is marshy, it is possible to put underneath a series of single bricks
As an easy to assemble a greenhouse, window frames of usually not removed. Therefore proceed directly to the installation.
- Frames are placed across the length of the greenhouse and is fixed to the back (very high) frame wall. For this purpose, the window loop.
- It is best to leave all windows mobile, not fixed to each other, but only stykuya tightly. Then for ventilation and maintenance of seedlings can be slightly open any part of the roof.
- To be safe, every frame is fixed to the short side of the frame using the hook of the door, and bolted on top of the handle to make it easier to lift the window.
- Fills the inside of the front panel bar, dropping it to 2-3 cm below the upper edge of the board. It will support the stick or bar, which lifted the roof for ventilation.
Handles fixed on the edge of each frame with screws to make it easier to slightly open one part of the roof to ventilate the seedlings
If a greenhouse is not enough any climateconditions do not allow to grow plants in the open field, you can create a more robust design that will not understand for the winter and will last 3-5 seasons. But stationary greenhouse from old window frames - the heaviest of all the variants of such structures. Therefore, it requires a well-fortified base.
The need for the foundation caused by the greenhouseby the fact that the height of the window frames is not more than 1.5 meters. This is inconvenient size for the normal movement inside. Ideally, if the height of the walls 1.7-1.8 m, for caring for the plants, most of them women. Therefore, the missing centimeters necessary to "build up" with the help of the foundation. Another plus - the tree to get rid of direct contact with the ground, and hence will be less rot.
Aboveground height of the foundation is calculated based on the total height of the structure to the frame together with the concrete wall formed, inside which the bending can not move
The most profitable considered strip foundation made of concrete. Make it as follows:
- Carry out a breakdown of the site so that the greenhouse was from north to south (with this arrangement, the plant will be a full day in the sun). Hammered pegs at the corners, pull the twine.
- Dig a trench width of 15-20 cm, depth -up to half a meter. If the level of frost in your area deeper, then dig up to 70 cm. This will make the greenhouse frost-free and will allow the plant to plant very early, at the beginning of spring.
- To strengthen the foundations poured a layer of gravel and 10 cm of sand.
- Sand shed a layer of concrete, throw stones and fill the remaining space to the ground with concrete.
- The next day, put the formwork to lift the foundation off the ground. The height of the formwork depends because what the final height of the greenhouse the size you want. Usually poured 15-25 cm.
- Filled with concrete, reinforcing it with stones or fittings, and leave until completely ustyvaniya.
Some owners do without formworklaying the aboveground part of the foundation timbers 15x15 cm. To get 30 cm high, the bars are placed in pairs at each other. Thus you will need 8 wooden beams, which are pre-lubricated with an antiseptic or waste oil. Tied to each other staples, and the edges are strengthened with metal corners. Between bars and concrete part of the foundation should be laid waterproofing of roofing material.
For a small greenhouse is enough to dig a trench up to 30 cm, fill it with gravel, then sand and on it lay a bar once. However, such a design may freeze.
In the pouring of the foundation and installation framemust be at least 2 weeks to finally concrete ustyl and settled into the ground. Therefore, to calculate the timing of the construction of a greenhouse window frames in advance to have time to mount it to the transplanting.
The frame is a bar, as well as the top and bottom piping. They can be done in two ways: either from boards and beams, any of the metal parts.
If you use metal corners, the bottompiping pose on the stage of filling the above-ground part of the foundation, to merge with the base metal. Side plates of the same connecting parts are welded or bolted to the lower part. Cantrail necessary to accurately calculate the adjustment to the window frames were not above or below the frame line.
If you use wood, you will need a timber10x10 cm, which is placed on the foundation, 8 boards for strapping (thickness - 4 cm), 4 side plates from the beam (5x5 cm) and intermediate, the number of which is calculated based on the number of frames that will be installed. For example, if it is determined by the length of the frame 4, and the width of 2, the required rack 3 on one side and three on the other, and on one side. From the second end of the door will be placed, which say later.
When mounting the frame using metal brackets and screws.
The boards are connected to each other with metal corners in advance nasverlivaya bolt holes, and all metal parts are treated with a rust inhibitor
- Bruce ten attach to the foundation with anchor bolts.
- Put the side racks by controlling the vertical level.
- Nailed boards sill using notching vpoldereva and nails. You can also attach seating area, taken on the screws.
- Set in the intermediate frame rack with a pitch equal to the width of the window.
- Nailed boards cantrail.
Side stand of timber, it is desirable to mount using a spirit level and for better preservation of the tree cover antiseptic composition
The frame for a gable roof is better to knock onground and then mounted on the structure. It also knocked out of the timber. For central risers take thicker wood and rafters, horse and intermediate rafters can be manufactured from a bar 5x5 cm.
The frame of the roof to collect on the ground is more convenient, as there is support and screw the screws in the rafters and horse much easier
During the construction of greenhouses of the window frames the roof is usually covered with a filmpolycarbonate. Window frames are used less frequently, because the weight of the structure is too large, and to fix the window in an inclined position difficult. In addition, plastic film or can be removed in winter. Windows is no dismounts, and in the winter they will collect on itself of snow caps, reducing the service life of the greenhouse.
The intermediate rafters can not be made from a bar, and a narrow thick planks. Their step is usually equal to the width of the window frames
Tensioned film better together, from different angles. So it is easier to control the level of tension. Fix the polyethylene to the roof frame with wooden slats and small studs.
If gable roof upholster not film and breathable material, like building a grid, you can use the windows without panes
Once the roof frame and made, proceed to the installation of window frames.
- Their fixed with screws to the outer side of the frame.
- Gaps between windows zapenivayut with foam, and the top is closed with thin straps for a complete seal.
- Insert glass, fixing not only the glazing beads, and lubricating the edge sealant to prevent air movement.
- Check whether the vents lopsided.
- Nail hooks that will keep the vents closed, and think through the locking elements, so they are not dangling in the clear.
Each ventilator is necessary to provide not only a hook, which will hold it closed, but think that it is not hanging in the clear
The last step is to install the door inend of the greenhouse. If a narrow design, this end is not generally recommended to sew up the frames, because they will not fit. The easiest way to the space between the door frame and the frame to upholster film.
Done door frame beams. You can use the hardware, take out of the windows for hanging the door leaf. It remains to fill half the greenhouse fertile land, split beds - and you can start planting the plants.