The abundance of advanced technology does not prevent to use the experience of their ancestors and to organize heating in the room with the furnace. Its presence does not require the installation of water circuit, and in the absence of Central gas pipeline, is the best option for heating. Among the variety of types for a small house appropriate to choose a Dutch oven that is compact and capable of quickly warming up.
The name of the stove testifies to its historic homeland. Most appropriate to apply Dutch for heating in small rooms and number of floors don’t really matter. There are examples of such ovens successfully coped with the heating of buildings 2, 3 and 4 floors. In the initial designs of the Dutch grate and ash pit was missing, and open the furnace door served as the source of combustion air. Over time the design of the stove Dutch has been improved and the standard for us:
- the ash chamber;
Traditionally, the internal structure of the furnace Dutch consists of very long strokes for the flue gases. This provides unusual height and compact footprint. The minimum dimensions of Dutch women are 52х52 cm, this stove is able to heat the room up to 20 mTwo. Moving down the long exhaust channels, the products of combustion transfer heat energy to the walls and leave the structure through the side opening. A distinctive feature of Dutch ovens is the ability to change the design, subject to the key proportions and the preservation of the principle of. Among the variety of options for interior and exterior decorating, for clarity, the photo below shows a classic masonry stoves Dutch.
The principle of operation of such a furnace design is the organization of intensive decay. Raging flames is not provided, otherwise flue gases to rapidly pass the channel system and comes out, not having to transfer the thermal energy side of the stove. Therefore, to load the furnace Dutch small wood or other types of fast burning fuel is not advisable. When properly organized process of preheating, the girl quickly warms up and for a long time to save heat energy. The temperature of the outer walls of the stove in this case is 60onWith.
There are many options for arrangement of the Dutch oven. Based on the design features, they are divided into three main types:
The classical model. Such ovens Dutch may have a rectangular or round shape. The appearance is easy, finishing is brick walls. The internal arrangement of the furnace consists of a large firebox and smoke channels for the amount of six pieces. Thanks to them heating stoves Dutch is gradual, preventing cracking of the surface or the formation of cracks.
Dutch oven with stove. Masters complement the classic design of the Dutch oven stove. Thanks to this improvement it is possible to arrange the cooking process. To implement the idea above the furnace Dutch will need to install the cast iron plate and place it brickwork.
Design with fireplace. The key difference of this model stove Dutch is a wide base. The construction of the flue and compartment for ash stove Dutch is in the second row. Here, there is a hole for arranging the cleaning of the furnace. Experts recommend to build in a stove with a thin layer of basalt cardboard, prevents the formation of cracks and functioning as the isolation of gas flows.
In addition to design, the Dutch differ in external registration:
- The most common classic brick veneer, the more modern, the materials look quite attractive.
- In hindsight, you can find amazing models of stoves decorated with tiles. In this case, the means of heating the house was turned into a true masterpiece of the art furnace.
- There are options for the design of the Dutch oven with natural stone.
Of course, widespread classical model of the stove is rectangular in shape with brick veneer. Round design of Dutch have a number of shortcomings in the operation, therefore, are extremely rare.
The principle of operation of the furnace Dutch is as follows: passing on the first channel, the smoke transfers heat to the walls, and after cooling is lowered into the combustion chamber. After reheating the products of combustion rise up again, and then out through the chimney.
When planning home improvement heating furnace of brick «Dutch», consider the following points:
- Having substantial weight, the design of the stove requires pre-arrangement Foundation, located at floor level. Its thickness should be 10-15 cm, is the Dutch Foundation of concrete on the basis of the reinforcement cage. To replace the Foundation may be solid reinforced concrete slab located at the base of the sexes. Its dimensions exceed the dimensions of the masonry oven for 5-10 cm in each direction.
- A characteristic feature of Dutch ovens are the low requirements to quality of building materials. Often the masonry is of hollow stones with cracks and used previously for other purposes. Not having an attractive appearance, nonetheless, this Dutch oven does a good job of heating. ?The Council! Adherents of q-factor for high quality of a laying is better to stock up on full-bodied ceramic bricks, pass the proper procedure of firing.
- The simplicity of the design allows you to work on the arrangement of the stove even for inexperienced Builder, it is enough to have the skills of masonry with ligation.
- For the formation of the furnace Dutch is desirable to use a high-quality fire brick. The coupling mixture is sandy-clay solution, brought to the consistency of sour cream. Kneading the binder composition of sand and clay for masonry stoves is done in the ratio of 2:1. For this purpose you can buy ready-made mortar.
For heating cottages fit a simple model of the Dutch oven are represented in the diagram below:
If necessary, increase the height, alternating rows 17 to 21 and from 18 to 22 repeat desired number of times. This design is intended for heating a small room up to 20 mTwo. Spacious house it is better to equip a more powerful design of the stove providing heating to 50 mTwo. Her example is placed below:
Considering the various options for heating a small room, you should thoroughly examine each model of stove. Among the many advantages of Dutch ovens, we can note the following points:
- The compact dimensions help to save space, this is especially important in small homes.
- Economical consumption of materials, compared with the standard Russian stove is reduced by almost half.
- Reduced consumption of material ensures a lightweight design of the Dutch oven compared to the classical models of stoves. In turn eliminates the need for powerful equipment Foundation, small building foundations under the stove will be enough.
- If you need to save expenditure on purchase of materials can be reduced through the use of masonry stove used bricks.
- Dutch ovens have fast warm-up and slow cooling.
- There is a possibility to upgrade the design by adding the desired items at their discretion.
Multiple advantages of stoves accompany some disadvantages, namely:
- Low efficiency of less than 50%.
- As fuel do not use straw, reeds, small wood and other types of light fuel.
- After ignition of the fuel valve in the furnace must be kept closed, otherwise, rapid burning will cause accelerated heat loss.
As you can see, slight problems can’t overshadow all the advantages of the unusual design of the Dutch oven, which can be the saving straw in the solution of the problem of heating small spaces.