Beautiful and neat fence is one of the main decorations of the site. In our country you can often find fences made of concrete. At first glance it seems that concrete is one of the most durable materials. However, it is not so. Concrete is an artificial stone, which has a porous structure. Due to the presence of pores, the concrete easily flows into a moisture, which leads to its destruction. To a concrete fence lasts longer, you can produce his painting. The paint coating protects the concrete wall from penetrating into the pores of moisture, thereby ensuring the integrity of the structure.
Deciding to paint concrete wall, you first need to determine the color. The shade of the fence shall match the color of the house and other buildings on the site, then the whole composition will look harmonious.
If the house is painted an inconspicuous modest in color, and the fence is painting paints pastel shades: beige, peach, sand, brick, etc..
Designers are advised to choose a paint color for the fence to match the house roof. Often the texture of the fence itself dictates the rules of choice of colors. So, if a concrete fence made in brick masonry, and paint it in the colour of the bricks if the texture mimics the stone, you should purchase a paint color and natural stone etc.
It is not necessary when painting the fence use more than three colors. The lower part of the fence is better to paint in dark tones, and the upper in a lighter.
Details of the fence, painted white, give the concrete fence of elegance and freshness.
The variant of colouring of parts of the fence and transparent paints, which form a protective layer and give an attractive appearance to the fence. Today there is a huge choice of colours with a textured effect. Such coatings make the surface smooth concrete fence more original.
If you have children, then an interesting option of painting will be the image on the fence of coloured prints of children’s palms, and colorful splashes and stains of abandoned children balls with paint.
Staining of fence is a creative process which can become very exciting if you use your imagination.
The paintwork of this company have high quality, so Caparol is the market leader for exterior paints in Austria and Germany. The most popular paints of this company are:
- AmphiSilan Plus – this paint has excellent water-repellent properties, but does not form on the substrate film;
- Disbocret 518 Flex-Finish, Disbocret 515 BetonFarbe – mask surface damage and protect from exposure to harmful substances;
- Alpina MegaMax Universal is a universal type of paint that is very resistant to harmful external factors and has a matte effect;
- Amphibolin — paint with matting effect and high adhesion;
- Amphibolin is a coating which prevents the formation of moss and fungus, and is characterized by low water vapor permeability, good water-repellent properties and high wear resistance.
Paints of this company are easy to apply, have high quality and affordable price. Most popular:
- Achpolimetall is epoxy primer-enamel with water-dispersion base. It can be applied to the surface without pre-impregnation;
- Butyl – enamel, has high wear resistance. For breeding betilla use: white spirit, butyl acetate or solvent;
- Aquanatal is an environmentally friendly acrylic paint that can be diluted to the desired consistency of ordinary water;
- Polimerdekor enamel polyurethane, resistant to abrasion and chemical compounds;
- Beilat – acrylic paint, for dilution which you can use butyl acetate or white spirit.
Amongst other manufacturers it is possible to allocate the following popular colors:
- Siloxane facade (Teknos, Finland) – this silicone enamel with mineral Foundation. It protects the surface from moisture, but at the same time gives her «breathe»;
- Novasil – latex enamel with acrylic based;
- Kivitex (Tikkurila, Finland) – paint with a base of liquid potassium glass and has a frosted effect;
- Teknos SAKU – acrylic paint with water-dispersion basis.
For staining of a fence of concrete you will need the following tools and materials:
- paint roller;
- a sprayer (atomizer);
- gloves, mask, glasses;
- fluid, intended for dilution of paint chosen.
- Usually painting concrete fence is recommended to make after, it will last one winter to fence through a period of shrinkage. After wintering on the fence often appear efflorescence, damage, the surface is polluted. Therefore, the first step to applying paint is surface preparation of the concrete fence. You must remove all contaminants and remove previous coating. Surface clearing is made when using mixture of water and sand, which under the pressure of poured concrete fence. Also the cleaning can be made cardedeu. If on the surface there is destruction, they are usually applying cement plaster.
Here is a video on how to wash a concrete fence:
- Then produce the primer. To Prime the can with a roller, brush or brush. The entire fence is to process at one time. After drying of the first layer can be applied the following. The absorbency of concrete barriers are quite high, so in order to reduce it, the primer should be applied in several layers. To reduce absorbency use a primer, because it is more profitable in economic terms. Because the cost of the primer is several times lower than the cost of coatings.
- After full drying of the primer, apply base coat. Do it better with a roller or with a spray gun, then the surface is painted evenly, will not form smudges and stains. Moreover, this staining will save your time.
- After complete drying of the basic colors you need to apply a second layer. Drying of one layer of paint lasts for at least 12 hours. Usually two layers of primary colors is enough but you can apply as many layers as you need.
- Painting fencing concrete is carried out at a temperature from +5 to +40C and relative air humidity not more than 80%;
- The coating used before application thoroughly mix and dilute with appropriate liquid;
- Before you start painting, you need to calculate materials needed in order to buy paint from the same batch. As even paint from the same manufacturer but from different batches may have a minor, but the difference of shades. If you are not able to acquire the necessary amount of enamel from one party, then the joints in different shades of dye mixture (1:1) from different batches. The joints should be placed in the most inconspicuous places;
- Fences embossed texture better to paint with a spray gun, painting the surface with a roller to carry out is highly undesirable, because it can not remain places.
If when painting concrete fence to follow the above instructions to use the recommendations and also view the below video about painting concrete fence, the result of the work done, you will always appreciate!
In the videos below, you can see the painting: