The method of laying electrical wires in plastic boxes requires less effort, providing free access to the transaction when necessary. Without any problems you can change the configuration of the breeding of wires and troubleshoot.
Boxes designed for the open method of laying wires. The variety of types, shapes and colors channels allow you to perform the work aesthetically pleasing and quickly, without breaking the overall look of the room.
First we need to determine the size of the channel, to ensure that the wires are loose housed inside it. It is better to choose a box from stock, so you provide yourself with the opportunity to add wires if necessary.
- On the ceiling look wide and flat cable, and the wall is more suitable for narrow profiles.
- Counting the required number of boxes. There are only standard sizes (2 m), which is not cut during the sale. When buying keep in mind that while it is possible to damage the plastic of the channel or errors in the calculation of its length, so no harm will reserve 20% of the total length.
- The color scheme is selected depending on preference and space design.
- Some manufacturers give importance to the production of the related accessories (end caps, corners, tees, etc.). To work with such a box is easier and the result looks more aesthetically pleasing and neatly.
- When you select inspect the edges of the cable channel. They should be flat and smooth, locks a good snap and fit snugly to the profile. Hard to keep the whole construction and not open when you first click on the cover, otherwise you get a flimsy design that will be able to withstand the weight load from running wires.
- Pick a color terminal boxes external to the cable simultaneously with the purchase of boxes. It is easier «to get» the color scheme.
Before attaching the boxes will assess the condition of the ceiling and walls where you plan to place future design. From how straight and flat the surface will depend on the result.
You need a tool for cutting boxes. There is no consensus, everyone uses what he is more comfortable: cloth metal construction with a knife grinder.
The versatility of this type of the cable channel lies in the very material that allows it to be installed outdoors. It is not affected by low temperatures, durable. In addition, ensure fire safety.
Kinds of metal boxes:
- A simple no holes (deaf).
- Tee. Used when mounting branches.
- Corner (to change the direction of the cable).
- Row. The distance between the cables at least 5 mm.
- A bundle or package. Must be complied with 20 mm clearance. Moreover, the number of cables in a bundle should not be more than 12 pieces, and its diameter can exceed 10 cm.
Horizontal laying of cables in the box requires you to link them every 4.5 m On straight sections you can do without it. If using vertical mounting, link cables, 1 m.
Work carried out at a temperature below 40° C is forbidden! -40° C to -15° C the cables before packing in boxes it is necessary to preheat the.
When laying the wires necessary to leave a small margin length, to compensate for temperature changes and possible shift of soil.
For mounting use screws and dowels. The choice will depend on the substrate material for boxes.
For the manufacture of profiles self-extinguishing PVC, which increases the level of fire safety. Plastic reduces the cost of the finished product and facilitates the work during installation.
Types of plastic boxes:
Mostly made cable boxes with one or two troughs. Multiple units will allow you to conveniently and compactly lay out the wires for various purposes.
Apply PVC boxes only for internal works. They are exposed to strong temperature influence.
Features of installation:
- Do the minimum number of wiring connections.
- Attach the wires inside the box, additionally capture the field changes direction.
- The box can be filled with cable to more than 50%.
- Don’t forget to do a stock to compensate for temperature effects.
The installation work should be to prevent the deformation of boxes, so consider:
- The weight of the cable.
- Mechanical stress resulting from temperature changes.
- Magnetic effects.
The installation of the cable ducts must prevent the accumulation of moisture inside the structure.
The correct and consistent installation will provide comfort and convenience indoors and outside.