Electrical outlet installation device plug, the purpose of which is to create a reliable switching (contact) with the plug of a connected device. This switching needs to be safe for humans, which requires to eliminate the possibility of any contact with the energized wires and parts.Among household outlets 220 volt distinguish between bipolar and tripolar. The first, used to connect electrical appliances in cases where the frame ground is required. Have a grounding-pole knife for the purpose zazemlenie can only be used with forks that also has a grounding contact.
Sockets are available for concealed and open wiring, in a variety of configurations: one-, two-, three-position (or more). Them simultaneously you can connect several electrical appliances.
To work on the installation sockets, as any other works from wiring devices, may be performed only after disconnecting the machine to the electrical panel from which the device is connected. In areas where there is no slot, you must Unscrew the plug. After you turn off the machine by using a flat screwdriver, you need to check the absence of voltage.
There are two ways to connect the outlets from the junction box wiring in the house or apartment, or a train (in this case, the following ultrastabilized from the previous one). Direct connection from the junction box is the main and most reliable way.
When you connect a ribbon cable reduces the consumption of cable and number of cables in the junction box. However, there is a ban on connecting this way more than four sockets. In addition, if lost contact in one of them, will not work all the running for him. Serial connection (loop) of the voltage collected by the network will increase from the first electrical device to the next, which can lead to their excessive heat. For this reason, the connecting ribbon cable is advisable when the outlet you plan to connect low power appliances: nightlights, lamps, chargers for laptops or phones. Daisy-chain three-phase power outlets is prohibited.
In the preparation of installation plan for wiring of premises (apartment, cottage), it is desirable to connect all single devices and their components to the junction box directly. This is especially true of blocks. An exception can be made for the next single outlet at the far junction box.
Procedure to connect electrical devices:
- the wires should protrude from the wall when mounted embedded device approximately 50-70 mm and be placed lower;
- wire stripped with a knife from the insulation at a length of 10 mm;
- the product is Russian-made unscrewed the bolt on the contacts (not completely!). On imported products the wires are inserted in self-locking contact;
- in the side contactptrlist inserted a phase and a zero, a grounding wire is inserted into the Central contact;
- bolt on the contacts with a screwdriver to twist with force, but not to overtighten them and break;
- before installing the unit into the junction box it is necessary to check the reliability of the clamping of the wires in the contacts and insulating them;
- the device is installed in a mounting box, checking horizontal installation spacer clips are twisted, then installed the strap and front panel.
In a single junction box, you can easily install a double socket. In size it is suitable. The side contacts of the device are wire the phase and zero, and the ground wire is inserted into the Central contact. It has a bare metal earthing plates.
If necessary, connect a new electrical device mounting box in old (in old houses in the junction box is usually mounted metal Cup) experts advise to choose the socket Schneider with two plastic platforms, holes in which you can use to screw the dowel-screws. On the wall is the markup under the dowels, the holes shall be drilled at a slight angle so the dowels did not get into a soft cast. Platforms are mounted on dowels, screws and socket set is very reliable. This installation is not required to change the old metal Cup new in plastic.
Connect the outlet for 220 Volts is not much difficulty. It is only necessary for your safety to turn off the machine in the electrical panel or Unscrew the plug. Knowing the color-coded wires, then the work will come quickly.