Landscape design is not static and is constantly evolving. People tend to make your site more creative, but tasteful. For such purpose, excellent pergola.
Pergola in landscape design – in the form of an arch, which is used for supporting the winding plants. Of braided plants pergola makes a wonderful gazebo.
In the construction of the pergola supports are used, grids and beams. As a material for construction, you can use all. A pergola can be built out of stone, metal and wood. If desired, the construct design, using all these materials, or of one particular. When choosing the material necessary to proceed from the preferences and ideas of the designer and cash investments.
Pergola in landscape design is essential not only for correction of growth of climbing plants. Thanks to her dare and other tasks of landscape design:
- Can act as a decorative element of the plot. With her help hiding technical buildings, which are distracting from the overall design of the landscape: barns, chicken coops, garages.
- Pergola creates the space zoning of the site.
- Thanks to the pergola in the garden area you can create a green corridor.
- Pergola excellent protector from the scorching sun on a hot day and a source of cool shade.
- Great place for rest and solitude.
Many owners of garden plots can’t decide where to place a pergola. It can be used anywhere on the site. It can be built in front of the house, performing the function of a canopy. A pergola can be placed on the land, over the tracks, creating green corridors or behind the house in a cozy corner.
There are a variety of pergolas in landscape design. Distinguish them on a design and used for construction material:
- Awnings. This form is used as a shed. Depending on the wishes can be placed on the site, near the garage or use as a gazebo near the house. This type of design has the disadvantage. It only protects from the sun, but from rain it will not save.
- Screens. The main objective of this design is the privacy of its owner from unwanted views. Perfect pergola set near the fence, the fence or hedge. This pergola in landscape design is great for zoning.
- Visor. With this structure, shade Windows on the Sunny side. This trend has come from the southern countries.
- Green corridor. Difficult technical construction. Made from several arches, which are connected to the rail. In most cases such buildings do on the garden paths. They may be just part of the decor, and wearing protective function.
Designs can be dynamic and static. Static structures are built on the site of a separate design. And dynamic perform the role of corridors connecting distant from other objects.
Pergola in landscape design of the garden can be used in different ways. It is often used to create zones. So with the help of pergolas it is possible to separate flower beds from the working part of the garden or garden. With the help of the pergola to hide from the scorching sun and walking paths. With it you can designate the children’s Playground at their summer cottage and hide from the heat. The pergola can be placed in the courtyard. If it has plants, it will serve as protection. If no plants you can use as a great cool gazebo.
With the help of the arch or multiple arches, creates a beautiful transition from one garden area to another. But if these arches are twined different plants in appearance, these buildings will be even more beautiful. Thanks to the arches it is possible to zone the whole property, that will make something new and unique.
However, with the help of the pergola is easy to demonstrate the whole beauty of the plant on the dacha. The design should look easy, but to be strong enough. After all, branches of climbing plants can reach a weight of several dozen kilograms. During the construction of the important role played by the size. Too small pergola will create a feeling of oppression, and vines visually make her even less. Very high design looks weird, and too much in a small area will not leave space. Therefore, we must proceed from the size of a suburban area and your own preferences.
Pergola in landscape design should blend with the surrounding buildings and fit harmoniously into the overall landscape.
To style design combined with others need to follow basic rules when building:
- The design should be easy. Regardless of the materials used, the light needs to penetrate freely inside. Should be a little shadow, but not completely dark space;
- Compare the size and structure of the site. Design should not like to get lost in the landscape and occupy a huge part of the territory with a small plot of land;
- Quality made decorative elements – a guarantee of good mood all year round. In the warm season bugs of the design will hide the plants. However, in the winter time the building will be fully visible. So you need to do everything properly;
- The construction must have sufficient strength, since plants have considerable weight;
- You need to choose the right place for construction;
- If the material selected for the construction of wood or metal, it is necessary to remember about the periodic processing. The metal is treated against corrosion, and wood of various antiseptics.
If you follow all these tips, you design will delight their owners for many years.
Arch or design, it is difficult to imagine without living plants. There are several types that will be applied in the improvement of the pergolas. There are 4 main types:
- Curly. The most popular among them are: Wisteria, clematis, Magnolia;
- The creepers which need support. Most often used climbing rose, hops, kreinik, honeysuckle, BlackBerry, decorative beans and morning glory;
- Vines useconomy. They include grapes, passion fruit, bigney;
- Vines cornelisse. This ficus, ivy, vanilla, cactus selenicereus.
All these plants require regular irrigation and a special dressing. Much depends on the plants which cover design. You need to do preference to those that will not be much heavier construction. So it is necessary to proceed from the size of the structure and its strength. The plants should create a light curtain on the building, and not totally cover it..
Pergola can serve as a decorative element on the site, and may also be of practical use. Thanks to her easy to protect yourself from the sun in the midst of a hot day. This is a great place to relax in solitude or tea in good company. Due to this construction on a country site it is possible to protect against the sun’s rays not only themselves, but also many garden plants.
Playground this design is not interchangeable. Children can carefree play without the fear of getting sun stroke. Therefore, parents have nothing to worry about. With the help of this type of constructions can easily hide the not very attractive places on the site. Thanks pergola easy to create different zones in suburban areas. With such constructions, it is possible to harmoniously distribute the space on the site.
From all this we can conclude – the pergola has a wealth of features and aesthetic appearance. It is easy to give zest to any country site. A major plus is that simple and nice looking design simple enough to build with your own hands. It does not have to be a professional.