Clematis is a favorite of all flower growers and designers. «Clem»- lush vine with colorful flowers in ancient Greece. In fact, it is a shrub with a single stem that creeps along the ground loops or support up. With the help of her the Greeks created a fabulous arches and gardens. In our country, the clematis is often called «the clematis» because of the strong smell of its roots and the curved shape of seeds.
This plant has about 300 diverse species. Landscape designers like to combine different varieties, making up the colorful composition. Clematis in landscape design is usually used:
- To create a living fence, to outsiders less and looked at the yard, but enjoyed the colorful flowers.
- For decorative walls, pergolas, arches or fences. In the hot summer days, a fence made of clematis save you from the scorching rays of the sun, in bad weather, will protect from rain and wind.
- For decorating rock gardens, dropping the plant to trail over the rocks, as wild. It will make an original twist to the rocky build.
- To decorate the trunks of trees, with stems of vines in a circle, eventually it will completely encircle him and give amazing song. Paint the garden will give the planting of mixed species, different trees color.
- Background when you create flower beds and flower beds, soft plain rug will emphasize the individuality of other colors
- For single planting, one or more types, landed several different species and with crossed next to them, get multi-colored palette of colors.
- For growth in decorative vases and boxes, it will help not only to decorate the gazebo outside but inside.
Clematis is most often used for vertical flowering, but no less impressive it will look a multicolored carpet on the ground without any supports.
To obtain a greater effect of flowering clematis, select varieties with different flowering periods, so paint it happy all summer and fall.
If you are going to plant clematis on the site, you need to know and cons associated with its growth:
- The plant over time, greatly expands the land area is much smaller.
- The vertical wall provides plenty of shade and it can be a new fauna.
- Also in the shadow of accumulated damp, which it is not necessary to plant clematis on the walls, looking North.
- The sprawling vine can cause clogging of the gutter. I had to follow it and time to cut.
- The plant that grew around the Windows, can be a barrier to sunlight penetration inside the house.
Clematis combines perfectly with the Queen of garden – rose. The British this combination is considered to be traditional gardening. Rarely seen English yard, where there are different combinations of roses and clematis.
Climbing roses perfect as a support for vines. The conditions for their growth and maintenance are similar, and they will not interfere with each other.
Can just let the clematis rug on the ground between the thorn bushes, eventually he will be able to wrap the stems of roses. Will look good as varieties of clematis that bloom at the same time with rose, and varieties blooming late, decorating the green bushes.
Putting these two flowers side by side you need to consider:
- Need to make sure roses are well adapted to the place.
- The root of clematis needs to be strengthened before planting him to the rose.
- Planting plants at the same time, between their roots should put a partition.
- The height and volume of plants should be about the same.
- The flowers should not interfere with each other, to enjoy the sun.
- When landing is to tilt a little clematis to the Central part of the rose Bush.
- Look spectacular with roses are varieties of vines with small flowers.
Combinations of colors of clematis and roses is diverse and everyone can choose his combination. So, white roses are well suited varieties with pink or light blue flowers. For more vivid pictures you can put rich raspberry.
To the pink roses that will suit the varieties with blue hues or more vibrant pink and blue color.
With yellow roses combine well as blue and purple, and purple clematis.
With tea bushes, all varieties of the bright color flowers.
Favorite red roses can be offset with blue or white flowers.
When growing clematis roots need to be protected from direct sunlight, this will help plants and flowers with shallow roots. For example, marigolds or calendula. Well next will look Phlox, astilbe, irises and geranium.
Matching vines and flowers are blooming as they are, for example, a hydrangea or Bodley. Vinogradnaite or burning clematis make friends with sweet-scented acacia and barberry. Mock orange and viburnum, Jasmine and lilies, coniferous shrubs and vines, ivy and peonies can also become a neighbor of lush vines.
Almost undemanding clematis, perennials, pleasing, with its decorative until late autumn. Easily adapts to any soil except very wet from the excess water the plant will die. Shoots grow quite quickly, likes sun, but quietly takes polozhennye place. Does not require special care, quite unpretentious. Winter shoots are cut off and insulated.
The shape and structure of flowers of his share:
- Simple – one round sepals.
- Semi-double, 2-3 round sepals.
- Terry – more than 3 laps sepals.
The fruits of his silky mnohohrishny long pericolosissima columns by which the wind carries seeds.
Plants are divided into:
The main criterion for the division into species is the closest relative of mother’s side:
View «Jackman»- this creeper long 3-4 meters, with a strong and developed root. The flowers have a blue, purple or Magenta, odorless, up to 20 inches in diameter. On the branches they can sit in small groups of 3-4 things or to grow one.
View «FL»– the length of the vines can reach 3 meters. Blooms in late spring and early summer, bright flowers about 12 inches in diameter.
View «Viticella»– a length of about 3 meters, with flowers of red shades like pink, crimson and purple. In diameter they are around 12 inches. This species is characterized by intense splendor flowering.
View «Lanuginosa»– not too long, up to 2.5 meters, with large blue or white flowers. In late spring, the bushes, hundreds of blossoms by mid-summer, may again bloom, but more rare.
View «Patens»– blooms twice, first in the spring. Its flowers are quite unusual, in the form of stars, up to 15 centimeters in diameter. The colors are dazzling, from light to dark purple.
View «Integrifoliya»– more like a shrub up to 1.5 meters. Blooms in mid-summer a variety of shades.
View «Melkotsvetkovye»– name because of their small flowers, reaching only 4 inches in diameter. Begins to bloom before all other species.
Of course, species and varieties of clematis a lot more and all of them know that only narrow specialists floriculture.
In Europe this flower appeared more than 450 years ago, but love conquered much later. Fell in love with and began raising his first British, making clematis as their national plant. They began to withdraw his first types and a variety of.
In Russia, this colorful vine found in the early 19th century. It was believed that the Russian climate is very severe for the growth of clematis, but it quickly became popular and now there is almost any yard.
Clematis is a wonderful climbing plant, affecting a diversity of colors and shapes. The texture and flavor of its unusual flowers, will impress any gardener. Clematis in the landscape design of the suburban area, be it single view or several different varieties, with roses or other flowers and plants will turn it into a fairyland.