The kitchen, unlike any other room has always had great importance in every house or apartment. We spend here a lot of time, even without noticing. Large, well equipped kitchen is not only a cherished dream of any hostess, but the place where I love to gather the whole family for Breakfast or dinner, and also to arrange friendly gatherings. Therefore, when the arrangement of this room is very important a correct and serious approach.
Quite a popular design technique lately is the use of partitions, which allow for efficient zoned space, large and spacious rooms, taking up very little space. Consider using partitions on the example of a kitchen combined with living room.
The partition between the kitchen and living room may fulfill multiple functions:
Priority is competent and efficient allocation of available space. The main thing is to adhere to the rules and regulations of ergonomics. Well-executed zoning is very important for living spaces and kitchen. This will make the stay and the cooking process more comfortable and enjoyable.
Functional partitions can include shelves, cupboards or bookshelves. In some cases, they can be simply placed additional decorative lighting.
It is important that the partition was not only functional, but also had quite aesthetic and pleasant look appearance. It should fit harmoniously into the interior and to be made of materials of appropriate design decision and General style.
It is worth considering that only the combination of all these criteria will help to achieve maximum effect and provide comfort in the room.
Since there are many different options and combinations of partitions, let us consider the most basic of them:
- false wall;
- steklobloki design.
With proper selection of shelving can perfectly fit into the interior of almost any cuisine. In addition to decorative purposes such a partition can be a wonderful place for books, the location of different vases and cherished details. Racks will allow you to create a very comfortable atmosphere for fans to while away the evening in the company of books and a Cup of hot aromatic coffee.
Among the advantages of this design are:
- effective zoning with preservation of sensation of lightness;
- additional functionality;
- great visivamente almost any decor;
- there is no visual clutter space;
- creating an atmosphere of coziness and comfort.
However, such partitioning has its drawbacks:
- the smooth passage of odors and noise;
- the creation of additional surfaces that require constant care.
Use as a partition of the furniture is very simple, convenient and fairly original solution. With proper arrangement of existing pieces of furniture you can create a variety of options for division of space between kitchen and living room.
In addition, you may at any time modify the partition until you find the optimal combination. You can even just periodically do a permutation refreshing thus the situation of the apartment.
The main advantages of this option:
- low cost because you can use existing elements of the furniture;
- variety. The Cabinet can act as a small wall and a cozy sofa on the contrary to preserve the unity of the space;
- mobility, so as to make changes very easy, even without assistance.
The disadvantages include the fact that:
- the division of space becomes quite conditional;
- the implementation will require a lot of space.
Perhaps the most common kind of partition between the kitchen and the living room is a false wall and its different variations. Basically it is created from gypsum Board, which greatly simplifies its installation. Such partition allows to achieve high functionality and creating all kinds of forms.
The advantages of the false walls include:
- simple enough and easy installation;
- combination with other types of partitions;
- partial muffling of sounds from household appliances;
- the possibility of creating different shapes and decorating the partitions at his discretion;
- Relatively low cost.
Well, where do without the disadvantages which should be considered:
- possible shading of some areas of the kitchen or living room;
- drywall is a material that is susceptible to the adverse effects of moisture produced in the cooking process;
- insufficient strength of the material;
- requires optional decorative trim.
For spacious kitchens combined with a dining room or living room, the best solution would be a sliding partition. Folding, hinged and sliding doors design is simple and can function as normal doors. If necessary, they can be closed and thus to divide living room and kitchen on two isolated spaces, that in some cases it is very convenient.
Positive characteristics sliding design is:
- quite a large selection of designs and materials;
- the lightness of the structure;
- optimal zoning of the premises;
- in the closed position, the partition retains well the noise and smells from the kitchen.
Disadvantages of the sliding doors is largely dependent on the materials used and the chosen design, but among the disadvantages include the following:
- wear sliding and folding mechanisms;
- the fragility of the structure;
- low security, especially when large areas of glazing.
This is a beautiful and fairly lightweight construction, allowing you to easily solve the problem of the separation space. Screens are very simple, concise and comfortable solution.
The benefits of using screens when separating the kitchen and living room are obvious. This:
- high mobility and the possibility of moving partitions in any place;
- the lightness of the structure;
- a variety of options and materials used in the construction screen.
You should also highlight the main drawbacks:
- the fragility of the structure and poor resistance to different damage that can be a problem in families where there are small children;
- wear of moving parts;
- the lack of protection from odors and noise.
The bar used for zoning areas are functional and comfortable for variety of partitions. In addition to the function of separating the kitchen and living room this wall can act as a small dining table. The bar is quite practical and functional solution, especially for small kitchens.
Among the advantages:
- additional workspace;
- there is no obstacle to the propagation of light.
- lack of comfort for the elderly and children;
- cannot be used as a dining table in large families;
- such a partition can not be used in narrow spaces.
Glass is not quite practical but quite interesting and beautiful material to create the partition between the kitchen and living room. The refraction of light gives an amazing effect and allows the use of non-standard solutions in the interior. This material is perfect for creating original and quite bright kitchens. Especially beneficial look steklobloki design with a well-designed lighting.
Such designs are the following positive features:
- good heat and sound insulation;
- excellent light transmission;
- elegant look design.
We should also mention the disadvantages such as:
- glass looks pretty cold and not associated with a homey feel;
- large fragments have a heavy appearance, and required dilution with other materials to eliminate visual pressure;
- the fragility of such material as glass makes it not quite safe;
- the high cost of the material.
To decorative room divider between the kitchen and the living room was quite versatile and durable must adhere to the following guidelines:
- profile better to connect with a special metal stud crimping tool does not allow the formation of various bumps, which can cause putty;
- creating a small design in the form of a rack or stand which serves as a mounting location mounted furniture mounting to do more than usual;
- rectilinear plane is best to do drywall with a thickness of 12.5 mm, and for curved plot is to use a material with fiberglass inside and a thickness of about 6 mm;
- to eliminate the joints between gypsum boards, they need to start to expand to increase the surface for coupling with putty.
Of course, for each concrete case it is possible to apply various designs and materials. Decorative room divider between the kitchen and the living room provides a wide field of activities and the opportunity to fully Express their imagination. Create, invent and in result create the kitchen of your dreams, where you will feel comfortable.