Not everyone can boast a huge number of square meters in his own apartment, which often reminds «set» from a few isolated areas. Bad layout and the large number of bearing walls do not allow you to create a comfortable space filled with light and air. Therefore, many owners of small apartments resort to a simple and effective solution to this difficulty – the demolition of the wall separating the kitchen and living room, turning it into a Studio.
Such a step will significantly expand the limited living space, but a simple demolition of the wall will not be enough to create the beautiful interior you will need to give the room a unified style. For studios is not suitable for each style – for example, having a living room in classic style will be difficult to select the appropriate finish for the kitchen. So here is more preferable modern trends in design, for example, high-tech or minimalism. In addition to the correct choice of stylistic direction the updated space, it is reasonable to use a sliding door between the kitchen and living room.
The dismantling of the wall between the living room and kitchen, and the transformation standard, boring space in a Studio apartment – a great option for most apartments, especially Khrushchev. But not always such combination is appropriate. For example, in the process of cooking, the Studio can be filled with not very pleasant smells from spreading which will not save even a powerful extractor hood. In addition, in some cases, a large amount of open space may have a dampening effect on human.
The way out of this situation can be a sliding design between the kitchen and living room. Its presence will almost instantly zoning in its sole discretion. Depending on the specific preferences of the owner of the premises, the partition may be made of various materials:
- Chipboard or MDF;
- an array of valuable breeds of wood;
- plastic steel/aluminum profile;
- glass, including frosted or printing.
In addition, relevant and lattice sliding partitions, which, even in «closed» condition to avoid burdening the premises, keeping a feeling of spaciousness. Deciding to install sliding partition between the kitchen and living room, in addition to the material, it is important to choose the shape of the structure. Thus, the septum semicircular shape will not only fulfill its main purpose, but will become a stylish element in the design of the entire room. Besides, the semicircular sliding partition, made of glass prevents the penetration of light.
Of course, to demolish the main wall in order to erect a partition with a door not quite rational if the door is not sliding. So in most studios you can see the sliding partitions separating kitchen and living room. Their setting is invariably accompanied by the receipt of benefits such as:
- simple installation that is performed very quickly and with a minimum amount of construction waste;
- effective protection of the living against the penetration of odors from the kitchen;
- despite some «cumbersome», sliding partitions completely to avoid burdening the existing space;
- partition, depending on the type and material of manufacture is interior decoration of any stylistic direction.
It should be noted and sufficient exclusivity of the room in which a sliding partition. For example, if it is made of glass, coated with a method of printing a pattern, which you can use self-made photos – this interior is guaranteed to be unique and inimitable.
Design of sliding doors, a photo of which usually are viewing people before you make or order this design, of course important. But the same attention should be paid to the material from which made sliding door or partition. There are certain criteria that will allow us to make a sliding partition convenient and easy in everyday use.
- Ease. This will depend on the total mass of all the installed design. Before installing you will need to find out whether the total weight of plan to install partition an excessive load for load-bearing structures in the house. As a rule, partitions are not mass, but still better to clarify this point in the management company that supports the house.
- Strength. Despite the fact that the sliding partition between the kitchen and living room, as a rule, it is not loaded, i.e. there are no shelves, pictures, etc, the strength of the material must be sufficient to withstand serious load, especially if you have children.
- Ease of care and a high degree of resistance to household chemicals. This point is especially important for sliding doors between the kitchen and living room, as «kitchen» side inevitable the regular appearance of grease, the removal of which is not enough to simply water and napkins.
- Environmental friendliness and safety. This condition is true for all materials used in the living room.
As practice shows, the most acceptable material for sliding partitions becoming glass, enclosed in a strong frame of aluminum or steel. Thanks to modern technology, such a partition can become a real decoration of the interior, because in addition to simple printing, there is a possibility of drawing by a method of sandblasting that allows you to create patterns of all types and a high degree of exclusivity.
Good decorate the interior and partitions, which combine areas with printed pattern and fully transparent/frosted. Sliding partition between the kitchen and the living room can be in the form of a concertina, as a rule, made of lightweight plastic – they are inexpensive, quick to set up, but do not have a long life, especially under heavy use.
Before you choose a particular kind of sliding partitions, which will be located between the kitchen and living room, you should pay attention to the method of attachment and the presence of a lower guide rail. If it is structurally inevitable in the process of exploitation there may be some inconvenience associated with the presence of a threshold, which cannot be called interior decoration. Therefore, if the lower rail is inevitable, it is desirable «hide» in half to achieve this will require a fairly complex work that it is desirable to professionals.
When reluctance to seek external help makes sense to look for or order a sliding partition without the lower rail, or doorsteps. Such designs are not inferior in strength and reliability, easy to install, which is easily done with your hands in just a day. All the load will be to assume the top rail, so when her mount to ceiling, use adequate size and diameter of fasteners are usually recommended by the manufacturer. such sliding partitions, while in closed condition, to allow maximum free space in the apartment. How to install sliding design can be seen in the video
Self-Assembly of sliding doors between the kitchen and living room, of course, will save a decent amount. But the savings will not be reasonable in the case if you install the partition belongs to the category of the radius, or occupies a large area. In this case, it makes sense to entrust all the work to professionals, since any inaccuracies or «deficiencies» during installation can cause a variety of problems, from simple misalignment of the sliding panels, to collapse of the whole structure. It should be remembered that the sliding wall between the kitchen and living room, made of any material is quite heavy and could cause serious injury.