A couple of decades ago, observed a poor choice of materials, allowing aesthetically pleasing to decorate a bathroom. Incorporation of cement mortar with subsequent application of enamel paint is the preferred method of the majority population in the recent past. An indispensable condition for long-term operation of the joint without failure was the lack of the slightest fluctuations of the bath. Intensive development of chemical industry and improvement of technological processes filled the market with a wide range of products, efficient and elegant to seal between the tiles and bath junction.
In the process of refitting the bathroom regularly raises the question of the sequence of work performed, warning of further water leakage at the junction of the tiles and the bath. Experienced specialists offer a lot of solutions to the problem, providing the opportunity to choose the most appropriate method for your situation.
Planning for long-term operation of the bath allows the installation of its sides to the wall. After quality fixing plumbing tile is placed, the connecting seam is treated misonnei grout. Such a solution has certain nuances. Complete elimination of the risk of water leaks – significant advantage of the proposed method. Among the shortcomings noted the risk of violations of laying tiles at the intersection due to insufficient stability of the bath. Emergency replacement of the subject of plumbing would entail additional investments of financial and human resources to remove the tiles and re-laying. Chance to choose the finishing material from the same collection is small, so replacement of the bath can provoke a complete renovation a restroom.
Much more effective not to wall the tub in the wall, and use modern materials to seal the joint. Steady popularity the following options:
- the use of grout for the tile;
- the use of the solution;
- finish with foam;
- work with silicone sealant;
- the installation of curbs.
Each method has certain advantages and certain drawbacks, which are eliminated in the simultaneous combination of several methods. Detailed familiarization with the process of sealing between the bath and tiles interface will allow you to pick the most acceptable in a particular situation.
The adhesion of the bath close to the wall allows to close up the seam with the minimum expenses of forces and means. Providing quality fixing bath, it is sufficient to plug the gap with white grout or match the shade of tiles. Long-lasting color retention and moisture – the key advantages of the method. Additional processing in the form of a coating fuga-glitter will significantly increase the level of protection against external contaminants and rust. However, conditions of tight junction to tile around the perimeter and stable fixation bath is not always feasible, therefore, resort to more reliable options.
The traditional solution to seal the joint with mortar based on cement has the right to exist. Efficiency has long been known method, ensures its enduring popularity. For the design of slit in the bathroom is allowed to use the remaining tile adhesive or self-induce sand-cement mortar. Seal the joint with a plaster as appropriate. Quite thick consistency of the solution is an indispensable condition of a quality result. The process of incorporation of a joint includes the following steps:
- The surface of the bath and surrounding tiles should be carefully cleaned of dirt.
- The treated area moistened with water to improve adhesion.
- To exclude the possibility of falling through the mortar under the tub will help the plastic mesh used in plastering or putty angled surfaces, fastened at the junction of the tiles and bath. The lack of serpyanka successfully replace other available materials fixed under the edge of the bath.
- After applying a small amount of the solution tamp it.
To increase the level of resistance to moisture and make the bathroom interior more attractive appearance, the intersection is in need of further finishing. Specialists suggest treating its water-repellent impregnation or epoxy resin. The final design of the baths is performed using tiles or self-adhesive tape.
Greatly facilitates the process of eliminating the joint between bathtub and wall use mounting foam. By purchasing the container with the composition, make sure it has water-resistant properties. Before starting, take care to protect the hands gloves. In the absence of the protective barrier and getting foam on your skin, rinse the area with water, preventing drying. Similarly, the process of sealing solution, the surface of the tile and tubs in the area of the joint is cleaned. The key to quality result – a neat action when applying the material. Avoid getting foam on foreign stations. After it is completely dry, the excess tub and tile are removed by cutting with a utility knife. In conclusion, resort to one of the most suitable methods of finishing – tiles, ribbon or border.
For sealing small gaps between tiles and bath silicone sealant is used as the primary mounting material. Gaps, reaching sizes up to 3 cm, require pretreatment of the joint with foam. Buy sanitary sealant, preventing further appearance in the bathroom mold. The sequence of works on sealing the cracks the following:
- The surface of the tiles and the bath adjacent to the junction, with the aim of degreasing is treated with a solvent.
- Glued along the seam with paper tape will prevent contamination of the bath and tiles.
- Blow a hole in the tube attached to it, the included tip.
- Securing a tube in a special gun, sealant based on silicone gently spread over the junction.
- Scheduled the area between the tiles and bathtub is filled with a single movement. Apply to the cured weight of the additional layer is not possible.
- Prepare a soap solution and a suitable width of the brush.
- Soaked in soapy water with a brush is carried out at the junction with silicone to give it a smooth surface. The movement should have a strong focus. The randomness of the stroke, will result in an uneven surface.
Notice the brush able rubber spatula. In an extreme case, flatten the seam between tiles and bathtub can be finger or spatula. After drying the silicone joint, paper tape is removed. In his absence the excess mounting material is removed from the bath and tiles using a damp cloth.
Work with the solvent requires well ventilated room. Mask and gloves will protect from the negative effects of chemical fumes and prevent skin damage in case of contact with corrosive substances.
After sealing of the joint sealing compound, care should be taken to the decoration of the area between the tile and the tub. Most often for this purpose apply various borders.
Plastic skirting Board has reasonable popularity. A relatively inexpensive product is easy to use for final sealing of joint between tiles and bathtub. The users are offered various models. The most common design that covers the junction of bath and tiles by fixing the liquid nails. For formation of a joint in the corner, the plinth is cut at an angle of 45on or resort to special fittings. A prerequisite of long-term operation avoiding the use of aggressive chemicals and abrasives. The second option is less common. In this case, the joint was sealed at the same time laying the tiles. Pre-set the skirting one edge to a side bath, the second – utaplivajut in the adhesive composition. At the end attach the tile.
To seal ceramic skirting the junction of bath and tiles will be much more expensive. The advantage of this method:
- the increase in period of operation;
- resistance to influence of chemical compositions;
- the surface is almost not be scratched;
- the plinth does not change color over time.
The disadvantages include a small selection of the color palette. Docking is similar to plastic moldings.
The easiest way to seal the junction between tile and bath, self-adhesive tape. The sequence of operations includes the following steps:
- careful cleaning with the degreasing of the surfaces of tubs and tiles;
- remove the protective film from the tape;
- easy heat products hair dryer;
- close up the gap by pushing the tape.
Strict adherence to guidelines will help to seal the joint efficiently, without damage to the surface tiles and bathroom, ensuring the harmonious interior of the updated room.