- The specificity of finishes
- Technical advantages and disadvantages
- About the range
- Vandal-proof Wallpaper
- Feature of Wallpaper for painting
Order in a city apartment was always cozy, homeowners come up with your own design of walls, ceiling, flooring. Among varieties occupy a special place paintable Wallpaper. They are easy to use and pleasant in texture, original in style, will be the main element of the design space. In the old days for wall has selected option (formerly known as the Wallpaper – trellis) with bright ornaments and patterns, but now designers prefer a simple wall covering.
What is the appeal of tapestries for painting? They have numerous advantages:
- aesthetic appearance;
- reasonable cost;
- excellent quality;
- the possibility of re-coating without damage to the structure of the Wallpaper and the external parameters.
The main positive feature of this decorative cover – the ability to change the hue of the walls at any time. Product manufacturers ensure that their products are able to withstand 12-15 of these repaints.
Paintable Wallpaper has the following advantages:
- resistance to excess dust and dirt;
- excellent resistance to aggressive substances;
- easy application on walls;
- ease of removal from the walls;
- resistance to ultraviolet irradiation;
- disguise minor cracking, defects on the wall;
- the variety of colors.
The disadvantages of Wallpaper for painting include:
- the difficulty of use of some species;
- selection for heavy Wallpaper, special paint.
Modern construction market offers four varieties:
- non-woven backing;
In order to hide all defects in the wall, you will need thick Wallpaper with a raised pattern. Due to their substantial density, you can increase in the decorated room sound insulation and thermal insulation. Depending on density, service life is different:
- paper able to withstand 5-7 staining;
- non-woven and fiberglass to 14-15 staining.
The Wallpaper, designed for painting, the appearance may vary significantly. Initially they are white rich color, in the process of decorating (repainting), get the desired color, using color schemes. Painting improves strength, enhances the aesthetic characteristics of the room.
The texture is isolated:
- the relief surface;
- smooth fit for copyright designs. You can use stencils, brushes, sponges, and other fixtures, apply to the wall surface the desired pattern.
If there is no texture, you can paint a wall with glossy paint, having the effect of visual expansion of space.
For decorating textured Wallpaper you can use diverse ways.
- in the standard scenario, the application on the wall paint, creating a rich unified background;
- for more emphasis on the relief pattern required non-woven Wallpaper;
- Wallpapers that mimic natural stone, plaster, fabric, most popular among the owners of urban real estate.
A novelty in the building market consider structural Wallpaper for painting, which have anti-vandal characteristics. Such coatings protect the wall from mechanical damage, negative contact with Pets, contact with young children.
- for a child’s room with these Wallpapers, you can protect the wall from mechanical scratches and abrasions that occur during their systematic cleaning;
- the paint is applied to the surface in a single layer, it eliminates all traces of pencils and pens, Wallpaper it does not spoil;
- suitable for decorating hallways. Despite the constant contact of the walls with shoes, outerwear, Wallpapers retain their original aesthetic characteristics;
- such a perfect Wallpaper for the kitchen. Wallpaper will withstand not only your fat but also corrosive acid and alkali resistant, will retain a beautiful appearance for a long period of time.
The disadvantages include the high cost of production.
High quality vandal-proof Wallpaper is designed for 40-50 year life!
Wallpaper, designed for painting, can be:
- non-woven backing;
This option helps to decorate the wall with defects, without significant time, labor and material costs. Manufacturers offer two versions, made on paper:
- Simplex. A single layer of material, provided in rolls. The paper has the natural texture or embossed stamping.
- easy installation;
- low cost;
The disadvantages include insignificant operational life.
- Duplex. Wallpapers consist of two layers: a decorative top, dense bottom.
- the ability to disguise many imperfections present on the walls;
- the density of the coating;
- long service life.
- the difficulty of sticking to the surface;
- the high cost.
- Variety of paper materials are coarse trellis. In their manufacture is used as an additive to the cellulose of wood to small chips. A roll of such Wallpaper similar with coarse canvas and sackcloth.
- low price;
- easy installation.
Even the novice can stick such tapestries on the walls of his apartment.
Interlining is a thick cloth used in decorating the walls.
The advantages of nonwoven fabric:
- Using such materials can be used to mask cracks, the bumps, the size of which does not exceed 5 mm.
- Water vapor permeability and air permeability. The use of such materials does not cause disruption of normal ventilation of the walls, improves indoor climate.
- Elasticity. This property simplifies the process of sticking Wallpaper on wall.
Disadvantages of non-woven materials:
- high cost;
- the instability to mechanical damage.
The material for painting is made of inorganic substances used for the manufacture of glass.
The main advantages of fiberglass:
- increased strength, resistance to mechanical deformation;
- resistance to aggressive chemicals (household chemicals);
- inorganic composition ensures protection against damage by fungi, can be pasted Wallpaper in rooms with high humidity.
- high price;
- without special skills it is difficult qualitatively to glue the Wallpaper to the wall.
For such materials need a special glue that takes into account the variety of tapestries.
- before gluing, it is advisable to prepare the wall: remove old paint, plastered, smooth the surface;
- in the presence of small surface cracks, holes, it is desirable to putty them;
- for getting rid of old paint, you can use sandpaper, spatula, grinder;
- the gluing of wall-paper under painting begin from the window, moving counterclockwise. For gluing vinyl and non-woven Wallpapers do not have to close the window. Glue the cloth back to back, using the vertical plumb line. The joints between the Wallpaper, wipe with a cloth to remove glue residue.
Regardless of the type of Wallpaper, painting technology is the same.
- after wallpapering, it is important to wait a day (to wait for the complete drying of the adhesive);
- choose to paint compositions are made water-based: latex, latex, latex, acrylic blend;
- to reduce the flow of paint, choosing a Wallpaper with little absorbency;
- for work I use the spray or roller. I applied the first layer of pigment, the maximum progresiva all relief recesses to prevent sagging;
- dry wall 10-12 hours, then apply a second coat of paint. To create the main color and 1-2 color enough;
- when painting Wallpaper with significant relief suitable techniques «dry-brush», assuming the application on the ledges of dry, bright pigment. These actions allow you to visually expand the room;
It is difficult to find a definite answer to the question of whether the use of Wallpaper for painting. Highlight the main advantages of the use of such decorative materials:
- if your plans include self-repair, in the apartment there are small children, Pets, give preference to the trellis for painting;
- non-woven backing will allow you some time to repaint the walls (if necessary), without wasting time and monetary resources on perekleivanie Wallpaper;
- to purchase such materials on a paper basis can even families with limited budget;
- you get to choose a shade for your walls, to put on the walls with stencils of the original figure.