Decorative plaster «woodworm» used for finishing facades, and for indoor works. Differs only in the size of the granules. Large used when you need to work outside, serve for small interior trim.
The substance itself is white with a grayish tinge. It most resembles curd. But it is worth it to freeze, as the surface becomes like a tree bark eaten by larvae of bark beetles. It looks unusual and interesting. It is not surprising that such plaster is often used when we want to give the building a unique external or internal view.
It is especially important before applying the correct amount of plaster «woodworm». It can vary in the range from 2.5 to 10 kg. a Lot depends on the brand and the company that produced a mix of.
The smaller the granules, the less you need the mixture to cover the walls with decorative plaster. But to cover a long held and provided a decent view, it is necessary to correctly apply.
Plaster «woodworm» easily painted. So you can give the walls any colour you like. However, the best option would be to add paint to the mixture. This will allow you to achieve a more lasting effect.
Preparation is an important stage in the process of applying a decorative mixture «woodworm» on the wall. Unique adhesive properties of a substance allow you to put it on brick, concrete, drywall, wood and other materials. But you created the layer was reliable and can withstand high mechanical loads, it is necessary to follow these steps:
- If the wall were some elements of the last finishing carefully remove them. The surface must be no dust, no dirt. Oil stains are unacceptable for application of decorative plaster «woodworm».
- All significant irregularities before the application you want to align. Typically used for punch. In a pinch you can use a hatchet or chisel with the hammer. Of course, the surface is covered with cement-sandy solution.
- If the work is to be conducted in a room with high humidity, then you must be concerned about the surface application of antifungal drugs.
- In some cases, the walls can be cracks and seams. /The fact that due to the small size of them are quite hard to efficiently repaired. Therefore, professional builders recommend them artificially expanded. For this purpose you can use the grinder. The resulting holes are filled with a filler based on gypsum.
- After all the irregularities have been removed, and part of last finish dismantled — you can start coating the surface with primer before applying the plaster. For good adhesion, sufficient layer thickness of 20 mm. it is very important rinse it wipe.
All these preparatory measures are necessary when applying stucco takes place indoors. For facade work rules are not as rigid. For example, you can do without a primer. However, an hour before the start of the main works of the wall must be thoroughly wet. It will provide a high level of adhesion.
When all preparatory work is completed, you can apply a decorative mixture «woodworm». Its main purpose to hide defects of the grounds, which are inevitable when work is held in the old building.
The process of creating a solution for stucco is extremely important. It allows to calculate all the proportions and create a mixture that will last a long time inside the house providing warmth and comfort.
To create a high-quality mixture for applying a decorative composition it is necessary to follow these steps:
- Take a clean container and pour it necessary for dissolution of the mixture volume of water. In this case its temperature should be around 18 degrees.
- Add the dry component, not forgetting to constantly stir the solution.
- Stir the solution to create a decorative plaster «woodworm» until then, until it becomes completely homogeneous.
- Close the tank and wait 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir the composition.
When you carry out the application of decorative plaster, do not forget to constantly stir the mixture «woodworm». Otherwise it will harden. Under any circumstances do not add to the finished decorative plaster water. It will worsen the performance of substances.
The process of applying the plaster «woodworm» is quite simple. But the quality of the performance of each stage depends on the end result. These guidelines allow you to obtain a good result with minimum effort:
- To apply a decorative plaster «woodworm» on the surface it is best to use a grater. The spatula is also perfectly cope with this task. The main thing that it was stainless steel.
- The tool you need to hold at an angle of 60 degrees relative to the surface, which is superimposed on the decorative layer «bark».
- The thickness of the layer is most convenient to generate, based on the size of the largest grain in.
- Of course, handle the entire room at one time will not work. Interruptions in the coating process is inevitable, but that they do not harm the protective layer need a place where you have finished, seal with masking tape. While decorative plaster will be applied on top. When work resumed, this layer is removed together with the mark.
- Before you apply strokes to check the readiness of the surface. To do this simply put your hand on the plaster. If it is not stuck, so you can work.
- To implement the application of the finishing touches it is best to use a plastic grater. It should hold flat to the surface. Strokes are formed by changing the intensity of movements.
- It is best to dry decorative plaster «woodworm» after application in a temperature range of 5 to 30 degrees. However, the humidity may not exceed 80 percent.
- When applying the plaster «woodworm» on the facade of the building care should be taken to protect against sunlight and rain for two days.
- When decorative plaster is completely dry, you can move on to coloring. The best is silicate or acrylic paint.
Adhering to these simple recommendations, you will be able to apply plaster «woodworm» not the walls, thus providing an aesthetic appearance to the external or internal walls. Also do not forget about heat-insulating effect.
In the application of decorative plaster «woodworm» there are subtleties you should be aware of:
- It is best to work on the planes. The division into square meters will not bring the expected result.
- You can’t finish the walls in half. If you need a break, use masking tape. Thus, the process of applying a decorative mixture will not be interrupted.
- For the implementation of all works in time to work better with a partner. By separating duties, you will be able to achieve greater productivity. Moreover, improving the quality of applying a decorative mixture «woodworm».
- It is not necessary to carry out the application of decorative mixture in heat. Too rapid drying of plaster will reduce the overall strength. Besides the time needed to give the surface the necessary structures, is reduced several times. In the summer work of this kind it is better to exercise in the evening. This is to avoid the direct sun rays.
- Painting is an important step in applying the decorative compound. Thus, in order to achieve a good result, professional builders recommend the use of paint of the same brand as the plaster «woodworm».
After the application of decorative plaster «woodworm» according to the above-described technology is completed, it is necessary to repeat the priming mixture with deep penetration.
As you can see, the application of decorative plaster «woodworm» — a feasible task even for the novice Builder, however, about this you can see again the video at the bottom. Importantly, in the process, do not forget about training, advice and important nuances. It is from these three factors depends on the end result.