Problems with the hot water, even a short period, cause a lot of inconvenience. To provide a comfortable environment in case of failures of centralized filing or, in the case its complete absence are called electric heaters. Manufacturers offer flow and storage model. When temporary difficulties more practical to install the first version of electric appliance for heating water.
The design of the flow heater is similar to the internal structure of the boiler, only in miniature. Key function performs heating water heater, which is a spiral, clad in copper tube. The permanent water cooling of the heating element prevents overheating, fluid, in turn, out of the hot water heater. The housing of the electric device is compact, magnesium anode was missing. Due to the small dimensions to properly install a tankless water heater is simple.
The figure shows: 1 – body, 2 – heating elements for heating water, 3 – connector for power, 4 – thermostat, 5 – inlet for cold water, 6 – outlet for hot water
To prevent overheating and equipment failure, electric appliance equipped with a thermostat and sensor control. When there is insufficient pressure or no water protection and tankless water heater shuts off. This is another reason to install the unit in your home, not fearing for the safety of further operation.
To extend the period of uninterrupted work will help water filters. Their absence in the base is not an obstacle to install a water heater. Will be correct if you acquire them and additionally select the General installation works.
After you install the electric unit, it is important to operate it correctly, it will help to avoid any unpleasant situations with the overheating. The procedure goes like this:
- Power on: open the water and make sure it is available, then start the heater.
- Shutdown in reverse order. After stopping the operation of the electric machine the water shut off after 30 seconds to give the possibility to cool the Heater.
To properly install an electrical device, you need to compare its capacity and load, which can withstand wiring in the apartment or private home. Most of the apartments of the old type has a weak harness, designed for maximum power consumption of 3-4 kW. Often this is not enough to install a tankless water heater. The solution is for him to flap a separate line to ground.
How to install a water heater depends on its design features:
- Pressure the unit has the capability of abstraction of water from several points. This allows the simultaneous use of the device in two places. Characterized by high power and operation on a regular basis. Install it in the apartment it is not always possible, increasingly used in private homes.
- Non-pressure equipment designed exclusively for a single intake point. You can install it in the kitchen for washing dishes or in the tub to take a shower. The main advantages of this type of electric heater is a lower power consumption and compactness.
Having made the decision to install water heater tankless electric, you will win for the following positions:
- The installation process is easier than the storage unit.
- Compactness, which is especially prized in small apartments.
- The waiting period of the heating water is minimized.
- Affordable pricing.
Technical characteristics of the electric water heater can create difficulties during the operation, therefore, with the features of the device to get better acquainted before you install it:
- High power (5 to 30 kW) does not allow to use them in apartments with poor wiring. Even if you set the unit capacity of 8 kW, will require additional steps to upgrade the electrical wiring.
- Acquisition of water heater, pressure type provides good water pressure, otherwise it will not start or will burn in the absence of protective equipment.
- For residents of the upper floors with problem water it is better to install non-pressure model.
- Heat range is 20-30onWith the maximum limit in summer reaches 50onWith low-powered models when the cold winter is able to heat water only up to 35onWith.
Install the proper water heater on your own – quite feasible task. To start, determine the best place – it should be as close to the source water intake to avoid heat loss. The installation process includes two installation options: temporary use or fixed.
For the period of preventive maintenance practical to install a water heater on a temporary basis. Fixing to the wall is carried out using the brackets and screws supplied with the equipment. In the absence of an electric unit mounted on the dowels. The function of hot water supply during the temporary connection performs shower hose, switching is done using the faucet handle. Depending on its position the water comes from a tankless water heater or directly from the tap. To properly install the device on the cold water pipe is attached to the fitting tee. Between them is mounted a flexible hose.
Include an electric water heater in the following sequence:
- the valve is opened cold water;
- the valve opens, producing heated water;
- tankless water heater connects to the network.
There are following options how to install electric water heater flow type:
Fixed connection is produced during operation of the electric water heater on a regular basis.
The installation process includes the following steps:
- Pipes for supplying cold and hot water, fitted with fittings-tees.
- Similar to time connected, they must have shut-off valves.
- Then on the cold water supply is installation of the purifying filter.
- Flexible hoses connect: pipe for cold water and the entrance to the electric unit, the pipe for hot water and the outlet of the flow heater. Don’t forget to use a FUM-tape for reliable waterproofing.
Connecting the heater to the power source consists of the following steps:
- The electric switchboard is equipped with a residual current device (RCD). This will allow time to stop work flow heater due to a short circuit. If you are lack of sufficient expertise to install the equipment best left to a professional technician.
- In the wall between the stairwell and the apartment is drilled a hole the diameter of which allows you to skip the electric cable of the heater. A similar hole is equipped with a wall separating the bath (if there is selected the optimum location for the flow of the unit). Further masking of the cable is made using the skirting Board.
- For the institution of the cable to the heater is required to disassemble it. Such actions are provided to ensure high protection of electric appliance against moisture. After connecting the cable conductors with the terminals, the water heater going and you can permanently install to the selected location.
If the electric cable is not hidden and activated with a fork, worry about quality range of power sockets, it should be three pin and the ground.
For continuous operation of the electric heater is not enough to install it properly.
In the course of operation will need to comply with certain conditions:
- It is prohibited to use the crane, the goose or the shower head is not designed for the flow unit, since the elements included in the basic package, contribute to the formation of the optimum pressure in the water heater. Violation of this policy will provoke an incomplete coating of the heating element with water and further failure.
- Regulation of heating temperature is performed by using the available modes in the panel flow heater or switching on the lake.
- The noise of the electric water heater, power decrease or the lack of movement at the thermostat indicates the clogging of the device. To troubleshoot, you should disassemble flow Assembly and purge all items from the scale, and then assembled and installed at the same place.
A careful study of the characteristics of instantaneous water heaters to purchase, compliance with the recommendations of the installation and correct operation will extend the service life of electric appliance.