Despite the growing popularity of fabricated metal structures, a traditional Russian sauna has always been associated with brick oven model. Craftsmen who prefer to focus on improvement of ownership, it is useful to refer to the construction of stoves of brick. Information about required materials, the nuances of the process and a detailed description of the sequence of works will help to arrange a comfortable place for relaxation.
Acquisition of high-quality material is the first step towards the construction of durable brick design for the bath. Primary attention is given to the brick: for the arrangement of a furnace of the heater and chimney used red refractory form, can withstand heat up to 850onWith the brickwork of the furnace is made of refractory brick that retains its properties at temperatures above 1500onS. For laying the Foundation you will need coarse sand and clay as a waterproofing material between the base and bath furnace is applied to the roofing material.
Additional materials for decorating stoves:
- furnace casting;
- steel corner tape;
- capacity for heating the liquid;
- asbestos cord;
- galvanized wire.
These materials will allow to build a simple model of stoves of brick, more complex designs require additional detail. In order not to interrupt the process for searching the required tools, take care of them in advance. In addition to hammer drills, and grinders, you will need a container for mortar, level, tape measure, plumb Bob and a wooden mallet.
There are many schemes of masonry, if you do not consider yourself to professionals who choose to build their own forces better than a simple option. The efficiency of the stoves will not be affected, and the chance of a successful result will be much higher.
In addition to traditional methods of masonry, we bring to your attention the lining bell-type sauna stoves Kuznetsova, occupying significantly less space in contrast to standard designs.
Every beginner Builder it is useful to familiarize with the intricacies of the process equipment of the furnace made of brick, otherwise errors made in the course of the masonry, can be fatal during the period of operation of the bath design. So, what should pay attention:
- Clay seized in the process of digging Foundation pit under the Foundation, useful for mortar at masonry stoves.
- Clay and sand for masonry stoves are mixed in a ratio of 2:1 or 3:1. To determine the correct thickness of mortar for bonding bricks will help the following method: lowering it with a wooden stick, measure the remaining layer of clay. The optimum thickness of 2 mm, if the value is over – you want to add the sand, a thinner layer is necessary to make the clay.
- Installation of casting furnace in the brick rows involves the formation between the floor of centimeter gap. This prevents the destruction of the masonry stoves of brick as a result of expansion of the metal from the filament.
- Non-standard brick sizes lead to its projections or shortage at the end of the masonry line. To correct the situation will help sawing off the protruding brick grinder or formation in the case of lack of thickened intermediate joints.
- If the size of the grate does not match the prepared stoves to hole in the furnace, turn to the grinder equipped with a round metal.
- Be sure to provide the treatment wells on the corners of the inner channel of the flue, these areas are most prone to accumulation of soot.
- Eliminate contact of the casting furnace with bricks. These places stoves need extra protection, which is organized by winding asbestos cord on the metal parts.
- Located next to the sauna stove wooden elements requires the protection of antiseptic solutions, which protect the material from spontaneous combustion due to the heat from the bricks and prevent the processes of decay.
Stove, made of brick, due to their massive needs in the preliminary equipment of the Foundation. Laying the Foundation are transferred directly to the masonry, the process arrangement of the chimney.
The excavation for the Foundation under the stove of brick digging at a depth that exceeds the level of soil freezing. Depending on region the figure is 0.7-1.2 m. the Width of the pit at the very bottom is slightly higher than the main recess. It does not permit the violation of the integrity of the total structure when ground motion. The procedure of construction of the Foundation for the bath of the furnace includes the following steps:
- The bottom of the settling pit sand cushion with a height of 15 cm, which subsequently filled with water.
- After complete impregnation laid stone or broken bricks, a layer is formed with a thickness of 20 cm.
- Upon completion of the shrinkage of the sand cushion is formed a layer of gravel.
- The top is the formwork is mounted and reinforced frame.
- The concrete mortar is poured to a level below 15 cm from the floor surface.
- The next step – dismantling of formwork. The vacant space filled with fine gravel or coarse sand.
Completing the process of laying the concrete in two layers of roofing material, performs the function of waterproofing material between the base and the stove of brick. Preventing moisture on the brick prevents premature fracture of the material. After complete drying of the Foundation are transferred to the main bath brick constructions.
After checking the horizontal level of the Foundation, you can go to the construction of the walls of the stoves. First on the floor formed a kind of protective screen of bricks, creating a barrier against fire. This would require sand-concrete mortar and cut bricks. For the main stack is used sand-clay mixture.
It is recommended to direct a small volume of solution at an approximate ratio of sand and clay 2:1. When forming the first number of the bath of the furnace brick placed on the waterproofing material, pre-moistened with water. Finish the first row of a mandatory check of the angles and according to the selected lining. It is considered for any given project stoves of brick. The seams between the rows are formed with a thickness of 3-5 mm. the Next layer of bricks is laid on the junction of the bottom two, this rule is observed throughout the masonry.
Usually in the formation of bricks of the third series of stoves is the installation of the blower door. To strengthen use a strip of steel sheet or galvanized wire. Professionals prefer steel strips due to the lightweight mounting process, in the absence of strips of selected wire shall comply with the thickness. To lock in the bricks you need to prepare small cavities.
Before the formation of the fourth series once again check the level of the walls horizontally and vertically, and also mounted 90on for angles stoves. In this series is equipped with a well for ash and the grate. For mounting of the grill bricks hollowed out by grooves, gaps are formed to allow the grate to expand due to thermal effects. These intervals of approximately 1 cm in each direction. The back wall under the grate is rounded off with broken bricks to reduce resistance when moving air flows in the furnace compartment.
After the 6th row carry out installation of the door blew, 7th row ends with a fixing grate and furnace door. It is similar to the blower door. As a rule, for sauna stoves used cast-iron doors, characterized by high strength and fire resistant properties. On the 8th row is formed by the partition wall serving as the beginning of the chimney. This brickwork continues up to the fourteenth row, which are equipped with channels. Following a number of stoves laid half bricks lying at an angle relative to each other. This is the basis for the formation of the separation plane. Laying next three rows is similar to the first three levels: each brick rests on the joint of the previous layer.
The door is equipped with a steam outlet on the 19th row of stoves, and then mounted a thin metal strip used for fastening of the 20th and 21st row. At the 21st row of the frame is closed the steam room door and set the water reservoir, if any project.
Twenty-third row is for equipment, stoves pipe, the length of which varies depending on the total height of the room. Tube is selected proportionally to the sizes of most stoves: the stronger the basic design, the greater the chimney, and Vice versa.
The elevation of the chimney above the roof is not less than half a meter. To apply lime or masonry cement mortar, as the sand-clay mixture are washed in a result of precipitation or the effects of condensation.
Improve the appearance of the finished stoves will help her plastering. In solution it is advisable to add asbestos or gypsum. Before the scheduled procedure of the brick oven is cleaned of excess grout, slightly deepen the seams and shpatlyuyut.
Adhering to the established size of the furnace, the dimensions of the heater and a section of the chimney, you will ensure the safe operation of stoves and construction of brick will be a long time to create a comfortable environment when you visit the steam room.