For most people the question of extending the living space of the apartment is the most relevant. Many people want to expand the living space of the apartment by gluttony balcony with room.
But in order for the loggia or the balcony was livable, they need to properly insulate and arrange the heating system.
Before to organize heating on the balcony or loggia it is necessary to conduct a number of activities which aimed at the insulation of the premises. Warming of the balcony in the first place starts with the glass.
When glazing a balcony or loggia is made, you need to start warming the walls and ceiling. In most cases for wall insulation balcony insulation is used mineral wool. Also for insulation of walls of the balcony, you can use foam.
Wall insulation shall be the following:
- First we need to install wood sheathing;
- Then you need to carry out the installation of insulation material;
- When installation of insulation is complete, it is glued on top of a layer of vapor barrier film.
After warming the walls of the balcony or loggia, you can perform insulation of the ceiling. As insulation for ceiling, you can use mineral wool.
Insulating the ceiling is done as follows:
- Before starting major works, the ceiling must be treated with antiseptic;
- After treatment with antiseptic, placed a layer of insulation. It is best to use heat insulation material is laid;
- After installation of insulation mounted crate. A crate can serve as a metal profile.
After the wall insulation is completed, you can proceed to the floor insulation. For insulation of floor loggia or balcony you can use the following materials:
- Mineral wool;
- Expanded clay;
- Heat insulation material is laid.
The floor insulation shall be the following:
- On the concrete base must be laid waterproofing material;
- After the waterproofing material laid on the base, put wooden logs;
- Then between the joists should be laid with slabs of mineral wool or other thermal insulation material;
- The layer of insulating material stacked layer vapor barrier film;
- Then, on a layer of vapor barrier film, a stacked draft floor.
After all the measures for insulation of balcony completed, it is necessary to sheathe the balcony. For covering the balcony, you can use the following materials:
After the process of warming the room completed, you can proceed to the main point, the hoses of the heating system.
Heat the balcony or loggia can be done in several ways:
- conclusion Central heating;
- warm floors;
- infrared heaters;
- electric heater;
- oil battery.
Immediately need to mention that the heating of the loggia from the Central heating is a rather troublesome task. Without the consent of BTI to carry out work not.
In order to obtain a permit for the removal of the radiators on the loggia or balcony, it is necessary that the balcony was joined with the adjacent room.
If permission for removal of the battery to the loggia yet been received, we can start the installation:
- According to the recommendations of the experts, for the best heating before Assembly it is necessary to paste over the wall behind the battery foil;
- Then you need to pull the riser heating, which should contact the management company is and call a specialist;
- After the riser was blocked, you need to drill holes for pipes. It is recommended to use plastic and aluminum hose, which subsequently is mounted the tee with a valve;
- After the holes are drilled in the wall, you can proceed to the installation of the radiators. In order to securely hold the batteries, you need to install two brackets to be located at the top of the radiator, and another must be installed in the lower part;
- Then you need to connect the batteries to the Central heating system. When connecting the radiator it is important to avoid formation of air plugs.
For heating of the balcony or loggia, you can also use a more economical option to install the system «warm floor». System «warm floor» works on the following principle: heated air rises, keeping the temperature at required level.
A warm floor is of the following types:
Installation of water Underfloor heating is as follows:
- First we need to lay a concrete screed;
- Then you need to line the base of concrete ties;
- Next, we need to perform the installation of insulation material;
- After the layer of insulating material is laid, it is necessary to perform laying of plastic pipes (base floor). Pipe should be laid with a snake for a relatively short distance from the bends;
- Then a plastic pipe connected to the hot water supply system;
- After this Foundation is laid a concrete screed.
The main disadvantage of water Underfloor heating is the significant difficulty of installation. Just the same electric floor heating is much easy to install.
Installation of electric Underfloor heating as follows:
- First we need to lay a cement-sand screed. The thickness of the cement-sand screed must be 4 to 5 inches;
- Next, you should lay a layer of insulated material;
- Then, on the insulating material necessary to carry out the laying of floor heating, which, as in the case of water Underfloor heating, fit a snake;
- After that the paving for the floor. The best option of flooring is ceramic or tiles. They have higher conductivity.
For heating of the balcony or loggia is another good option would be to use infrared heater.
Infrared heater is a heating device that transmits heat through long-wave infrared radiation.
Advantages of infrared heating devices:
- Quick heating of the room.
Electric heaters are the most popular means of heating.
The advantages of electric heaters:
- Quickly heats the room;
- Allows to maintain the desired temperature;
- Affordable price.
The cons of electric heaters:
- Large electricity bills;
For heating of the balcony or loggia it is also possible to use oil radiators. To connect the oil cooler on the balcony it is necessary to equip the outlet.
Advantages of oil heater:
- Mobility. The radiators are equipped with special wheels that allows, if necessary, to remove them to another place;
- Efficiency. Oil heaters operate cyclically, that is, depending on the cooling of its sections;
- To maintain the required temperature. Oil heaters are equipped with temperature controllers to maintain the temperature at a comfortable level.
- Security. Oil heaters safe for your health. The surface of the heater a is heated to 60°, which prevents the formation of burns.
Cons of the oil heater:
- Slow heating of the room;
- A lot of weight. The weight of the oil heater can be from 19 to 30 kg.
Oil radiators slow to heat the room, but at the same time retain heat for longer.
Organization of heating a balcony or loggia is a completely affordable job and doesn’t require much time. You need to first determine what heating will be in the balcony, and after that choose the best quality materials.