Arch arch gives the room elegance looks modern and stylish – their klassificeret, depending on the shape, material of manufacture, style.
- Gypsum Board: can be custom made with your own hands, such sets can be performed in a variety of shapes and styles;
- Solid wood;
- MDF: arches can be made with trim PU film veneered, stained or uncoated.
- The natural brick or stone is an expensive option. These arches create the pressure on the construction of the house is characterized by significant weight.
- Classic style involves the use of arches right radial shape.
- Modern – arches have the shape of an ellipse.
- Hi-tech use of asymmetrical arches: one side can be rounded, the other rectangular or wavy.
- Gothic style is recommended for severe, acute-angled, rectangular.
- Romanticism, Baroque arches can be rounded or rectangular in shape.
- Roman arch is a classic, with a semicircular shape. Characterized by brevity, simplicity, devoid of additional decor. Would look great in a room with high ceilings. Emphasizes the elegance of the interior – it can be made of plasterboard with their hands or choose a ready-made of wood or MDF.
- British modern type or different truncated radius, slightly elongated design. Not valid angles the curve of the arch should be smooth. Can be made in different colors adorns both apartments and houses with low ceilings.
- Portal, a rectangular arch. The main function of portal – an elegant selection of the doorway. Depending on the design solutions can be combined with shelves, bench.
- Slavic – rectangular, but the corners are rounded. It looks restrained, perfect for a Scandinavian, minimalist, urban style. Are characterized by a small radius.
- Thai arch in the doorway is characterized by asymmetry – one side can be rounded, the other remains rectangular. Size doesn’t matter.
- Trapezoidal arch: it is made of wood, MDF or drywall. Fits in the space with any ceiling height. The width of the opening doesn’t matter.
- Arch-transom decorate the interior in art Nouveau style, Gothic, Empire, decorative feature is a stained glass or mosaic. Round or rectangular.
- Arch-the ellipse – an unusual option for rooms in a contemporary style. Can have a different radius. Ideal for highlighting functional areas.
Interior arches are used to create the effect of whole space is an actual trend of modern interior design.
The most popular are the arch of plasterboard:
- The material allows to realize any, even complex and asymmetric shape.
- The drywall can handle people who don’t have a narrow knowledge in construction material easy to handle.
- The drywall does not create an additional burden on the design of the house.
- This arch can be decorated all kinds of decorative elements, shelves and niches, spotlights.
- Drywall – environmentally friendly, safe material. You can use it even in children’s rooms.
- Compared to other materials for installation of the arches, drywall most affordable.
- Measurements – important stage. When installed, the arch reduces the height of the opening, so it is not necessary to mount the arch, if the doorway is less than 2 meters in height.
- Preparation of materials for installation: profile, dowels, drywall, screws, special perforated area, putty, cushion.
- Create «facial» of the product.
- Mounting frame made of metal profile.
- To frame mounted produced parts. The elements that must bend, moisten with water using a sponge roller and processed.
- The final stage – primer, plaster. After this it is necessary to carry out the final finish with Wallpaper, paint. The choice of finishing material depends on the style of the room.
A popular version of the design of the doorway is an imitation of the arch. This variant design can be used in the event high door opening. To the edges of the opening and fasten the corners of a pseudo-segment structure. Imitation ideal for rooms in Oriental style.
The choice of arch for doorway depends on:
- Parameters of the door opening;
- The height of the ceiling;
- The style, which made the room.