Silicate paint (ceresit, bolix, Tikkurila, Caparol) can be considered a reasonable choice when coating brick, stucco, concrete surfaces. As the paint zapisatsa slightly, with silicate compositions can decorate not only the facades of private houses, but also the structures of industrial and public purpose.
The composition of the paint material is potassium liquid glass, acting binder. The simplest versions of these paints are silicate of potassium or sodium, dissolved in water, to which is added a special pigment. To obtain the emulsion, apply talcum powder, pigments, giving the mixture the desired fashion shade
The composition is quartz sand, potash, transformed at the temperature of 1000 degrees in a homogeneous material. The finished glass is ground, get a fine grit, it can be used to create a solution.
Silicate mixture is designed to perform external works, klassificeret into two types:
- Clean exterior paint based on silicon compounds is a two-component composition, which contains powder aggregate, and there is liquid glass.
The Council! This has accelerated the carbonation of the solution, not suggest to prepare a solution for long-term storage. It is better to prepare a quantity of solution that will be used at a time.
- The dispersion compositions are one-component, their implementation assumes a ready state, the container is hermetically sealed. In the composition of such paint is liquid glass, filler, pure acrylic, which is a binder.
Both paint silicate material, have excellent diffusion characteristics, are not able to create the film. Excess water vapor comes out, so you can use silicate compositions for decorating facades of buildings with polyurethane foam thermal insulation.
The main positive characteristics of the paints include:
- the ease of cooking on their own, ease of application to the surface;
- versatility of use;
- reasonable cost relative to other materials offered in the construction market;
- no harmful toxins (environmental security);
- resistance to negative environmental factors;
- resistance to direct sunlight;
- excellent vapor permeability;
- the diversity of pigments, the choice of the color version of the design of the building.
As a separate category of modern coatings need to allocate organic silicate paint. Such materials have their great features:
- resistance to atmospheric corrosion;
- fire safety;
- environmentally friendly;
- no unpleasant smell.
Excellent performance characteristics allow to use these compounds not only for painting the facades of buildings, it is also used for painting of metal pipes and radiators.
Silica-organic options OS – 51 – 03 and OS – 12 – 03 modifications are heat resistant coatings designed for use when critical temperatures of air.
Among their areas of application are:
- decorative and protective finishing of brick, concrete, reinforced concrete, asbestos-cement surfaces;
- use to moisten the surfaces.
According to GOST all silicate paints are of two varieties:
- for outer (facade) works;
- for interior decoration.
You can use such materials for painting ceilings, walls, floors, and other surfaces in corridors, hallways, kitchens, bathrooms, in areas with high humidity.
You can apply exterior paint in the following types of structures:
- metal products and metal structures that are located inside or outside of the building;
- brick and stone masonry;
- which is not primed plaster;
- planed and pre-treated lumber.
Any difficulties in the process of applying silicate paints does not exist. In the absence of the experience of painting, ready to use compositions proposed in DIY stores in a hermetic closed package. In order to reduce paint consumption per square meter will buy the dry ingredients, prepare the silicate solution immediately before use. To prepare the lime mixture should be in full accordance with the instruction manual, which offers the manufacturer. Applied silicate paint designated for internal works, similar to the facade of the mixture in several stages:
- it is important to first prepare the surface. The basis of well-cleaned from old paints. In the presence of the irregularities, their need to fill in liquid glass. Next, the surface is polished, aligned in a single level;
- carry out priming the surface. For such purposes silicate primer is used, it is possible to prepare, mix water and liquid glass in the ratio of 3 to 1. For priming I use a velour roller or brush. In order to completely dry primed surface, you must wait 10-12 hours, the room temperature is 20-25 degrees;
- select the desired pigment, add it to the paint, mix all components intensively. When you receive a dense solution added to the dilution water. Apply paint with a roller, making 2-3 layers. The coating has good covering power, in some cases, can be limited by applying one layer.
This decorative paint material is suitable for decoration of surfaces, made of inorganic materials:
- cement unpainted surface;
- lime – cement;
- natural stone;
- silicate bricks;
This silicate paint can be applied to decorate residential insulated facades. The average consumption is per square meter 140-150 grams. For complete drying of the silicate coating takes 2 hours.
The diluent is a silicate primer, as a bonding substance used potassium liquid glass and additional synthetic variance. The use of such paint – guarantee durable, high-quality facade coating.
Having an idea about the main characteristics of modern silicate paints, methods of applying them to the surface, you will be able to make the right choice, to after the completion of the desired result.